• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: Trade with ease from now on!

DeletedUser

Proposal: Add background colours to the goods in the auction house screen.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Yes
Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? No

Reason:
1.)Trading can get tedious especially when the market has 20+ pages of trade offers with different kinds of goods and the users have to remember from which ages the goods are or at least if these are from same ages or not in order to judge if the trade is profitable or not for him.
2.)Many times my guild members simply enter the trading room to see whom they may help. It is therefore hard for them to distinguish which trades can be accepted and have a fair trading coefficient and which trades are better to be ignored, since not everyone can remember the age to which those particular goods belong.

Details:
The details of the idea are the visual aids. These represent how the update to the background of the goods images will make it
much easier to understand who offers what and do they ask instead.

Visual Aids:
Untitled1.jpg

Summary:
1.) This will make the users trading interface much more appealing for the eye
2.) This system will remove possible abuses of players putting up trades of low goods for high goods hoping that someone will get confused and accept it.

As always, i am willing to invest more time into making this idea perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

I'll remain undecided because I never felt like there was a time where I have been confused with what Age a good was in.
btw, I could of sworn there was already an idea on this...
EDIT: I can't seem to find it, so maybe it was deleted or it's just that my mind is not working

DeletedUser

+1 only because it is nice eye candy. Anyone who is confused as to the age of the goods need only hover over the icon of the goods offered or the trade needed and it clearly spells out the age it is from.

DeletedUser

I am pro-anything that helps players better understand the trading system of this game.

I have been in charge of fair trades (Trade Police) in our guild for about 5 months. I have probably kicked 20-30 people who either can't read, can't add, refuse to try, or are simply confused as to how the fair trade system works. (Each member gets 3 warnings. We're fair.) I have spent over 1/2 of my time playing by monitoring guild trades. With this visual aid it will be much easier to direct members to the color code of each goods age.

I even had 1 player tell me he was quitting the game completely because he felt this game was too much like school. I guess math is not his forte.:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Anyone who is confused as to the age of the goods need only hover over the icon of the goods offered or the trade needed and it clearly spells out the age it is from.

Hmm i'll admit i did not know about that, well i guess this idea might be a surplus of work indeed.

DeletedUser

More subtle color coding is already implemented in another section:
Untitled.jpg

It needs to be tested, as long as it wont look like forth in July when scrolling in large and more mixed lists, I think it will be a good idea. Certainly it will speedup trade match up in large list and will help newer people who traded, up but still unfamiliar enough with their upper goods tier.

DeletedUser

+1 but only if the background of the image of the material is colour coded like the town hall is.

DeletedUser

More subtle color coding is already implemented in another section:

It needs to be tested, as long as it wont look like forth in July when scrolling in large and more mixed lists, I think it will be a good idea. Certainly it will speedup trade match up in large list and will help newer people who traded, up but still unfamiliar enough with their upper goods tier.

That's where i took the colour codes from & thanks for the feedback to everyone.

DeletedUser

+1 from me - it would make browsing through "fair" trades quicker and easier!

DeletedUser11794

I'm not sure whether that would really help to be honest.

But I'd have a related thought: How about allowing the "offer" and "need" filters to first sort top-level by era?

I find myself often looking for trades of a specific era, and not specific goods. Especially when I'm looking to balance the amount of goods of a certain era.

DeletedUser

Not sure if this will help in any way, except for the person who just joined, but I know every good and what age it's from