• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Trade - Interface and Range

DeletedUser6248

Proposal :-
My idea is to improve the overall trading feature in general.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea ?
Just sifted through briefly, but I am pretty sure I have not found any post similar to this one. My apologies if someone else has mentioned about this idea earlier. :o

Reason :-
The main idea behind this suggestion is making the trading interface more efficient, every player is overjoyed when features that, infact, reduce their productive time in-game being gone into waste are implemented.

Details :-
So this is how it goes, I have noticed that while trading you can not put offers in the market with a trade ratio higher than 2 and less than 0.5, I obviously understand that this is a F2P game and this step has been taken to prevent people exploiting neighbourhoods by dual logging on multiple accounts but its adverse effects have never been shed light upon as far as I see the whole situation.

I see people offering 10 stone for let's say 5 wires. Now who in their rightful minds will accept that offer ? Afterall it does cost 32 times more to produce a batch of wires when compared to stone. If anything, and my math is right, 160 stones for 5 wires (32*5), THAT is a fair offer. But under the current circumstances that is not possible. NOTE : I am not taking into account the cost of a forge point, if any.

I have experienced this because I am one of those people who prefer to "negotiate" far more often than fighting to win the provinces, and also because I have 6 talc cutters only (I started practicing and testing how specialization works for me :cool:), I produce about a 180 talc daily, offer it into the market for 1:1 for Tier5 resources (basalt, gunpowder, silk and brass) while I offer talc on 2:1 in market for Tier4 resources (rope, brick, salt, dried herbs and glass). When I have ample Tier4 resources, I go down the ladder offering resources at a 2:1 at a time, which is and awful waste of time. What I am asking is are actually two things :-

1. Your system should take into account which resources are being traded for which rather than just simply setting up one range. For example just like the case scenario I mentioned above about stones and wires, instead of a maximum ratio of 2:1, it should be a maximum of 32:1. If you want, let's say iron(T2) for salt(T4), it should be not higher than 4:1. While if you want granite(T3) for copper(T3), the maximum allowed ratio should not be higher than 1:1. This perfectly eliminates any possibility of dual loggers exploiting.

2. For the love of God, introduce a feature whereby you can make several stacks of one offer and let it float on the market, just like in World of Warcraft. :D

Your game is a beaut, just polish out all the rough ends and make it even better. The developers are doing a great job as it is. Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2029

Thanks for using the template, but for something to be considered as an idea you'd actually have to propose something. All we can read here is just another, previously discussed to death and NEVER GONNA HAPPEN, "trade ratios are unfair" rant.
next time use the "Search" function.

DeletedUser6248

What I am asking is are actually two things :-

1. Your system should take into account which resources are being traded for which rather than just simply setting up one range. For example just like the case scenario I mentioned above about stones and wires, instead of a maximum ratio of 2:1, it should be a maximum of 32:1. If you want, let's say iron(T2) for salt(T4), it should be not higher than 4:1. While if you want granite(T3) for copper(T3), the maximum allowed ratio should not be higher than 1:1. This perfectly eliminates any possibility of dual loggers exploiting.

2. For the love of God, introduce a feature whereby you can make several stacks of one offer and let it float on the market, just like in World of Warcraft. :D

Which part of it did you not understand ?

DeletedUser2029

1. so, the only allowed ratio should be 1:1? OK, but all other ratios you're suggesting are unnecessary, unless you can prove that 2:1 ratio for 1 tier apart goods is fair (and I don't mean taking into account ONLY production costs; production time, cost of goods buildings, population employed, housing and happiness building cost and space needed to have those goods buildings, supplies needed to build everything mentioned,...)

2. what else from WoW should FoE introduce?

DeletedUser1094

Hi Sheldore... welcome to the forum and thanks for your proposals.

As PorfirioDiaz correctly stated, trade ratio issues, has been discussed ever since the market was invented. But your proposal is, somewhat different...

1) This could come in handy, easing the trades. But that would violate the Idea-rule written in the "Must-read-me-before-posting"-thread. (That one about making the game easier)
1.1) This game is not supposed to be that easy... it takes time and effort to get, what you want. With the legal 2-1 trades you can have your 160 Stone for 5 Wires. ->
160 Stones-80 Limestone -> 80 Limestones-40 Gold ->
40 Gold-20 Glass -> 20 Glass-10 Brass -> 10 Brass-5 Wires ->
Done... Now, that was easy. ;)

2) This has already been proposed, and is actually searchable.

DeletedUser6248

King Dael, I just went through a thread where it was discussed about the trade rates, so my bad I suppose. :) But like you mentioned earlier, it is somewhat different. As to your second point where this suggestion make the game somewhat easier, I would like to point out in my defense that since this change is more likely to benefit the players in the late ages more, there is not a single research in Colonial Age which requires resources falling in T1 or T2, so the few number of people that are actually interested in obtaining them actually have no personal need for it other than perhaps stocking up resources for their own guildies or maybe because like to keep huge stock piles just for the lolz of it ? So your argument about the game becoming easier is sort of invalid. It is just like that we did not "need" the function to collect resources while hovering over buildings but it did facilitate the majority, would you not agree ? But I do see where you are getting at, in all honesty my general idea was not to make the game easier for myself but to prevent people from putting up some truly ridiculous trade offers.

PorfirioDiaz, I honestly think you are here to bash me and nothing else. But let's play along, shall we ? Following your stance there could be an infinite number of possible situations, about which neither you or me has any idea how we'll respond. What is and what is not fair is relatively subjective but when a body decides to enact its rules and laws, it makes the ones closest to reality official. The game is still in its beta phase, far from perfect. I am merely suggesting a way to improve on it, if someone else has a better idea to curb all the truly unfair trades, I am all ears. I hope you do atleast agree that trade system needs more refining, it is in bias of people with poorer resources.

Secondly, I honestly do not think there is anything wrong about having an option to put multiple stack of one offer in market, regardless of where the idea came from. I simply mentioned about WoW to give devs an idea about what I meant. This is after all an "improvement" proposal.

DeletedUser7719

Time for me to join: first off, that is Porfirio's normal attitude for something he doesn't like ;)
Second of all, I think tier 1 and 2 buildings will become of more use when great buildings come into play (am I right?)

DeletedUser7719

Reporting what? Me saying that you act the same when disagreeing to something?

DeletedUser1094

Please, don't make posts not regarding the OP. Otherwise they will be deemed as Spam and actions taken accordingly.
Thanks...

DeletedUser7719

ok, sorry
Can you be more specific about the 2nd idea? I know what WoW is, but never played it

DeletedUser4089

I'd just like to point out, this idea hinges on the belief that goods of different ages are somehow more valuable. There is more than one train of thought on this, some say more valuable because they need more coins/supplies. I say, all goods are the same, as they take the same time to produce and time is the most valuable resource in the game(Ever noticed that 1 good of any era costs 5 diamonds?).

And yes, tier 1 goods will likely be needed for great buildings.

That said, this isn't an idea that will go any further. Just wanted to give some reasons why it's not a great idea without resorting to the "Don't make the game easier, leave the trade system alone please" comments.

DeletedUser6248

Oh, well. I had no idea whatsoever about the great buildings. Just googled it and I realized this is actually not a very good idea then heh. Thanks for letting me know. You can close this thread now. :)

EDIT : But seriously ask yourself this, if time is indeed the most valuable commodity in this game, does it not take more time to obtain resources which in effect are used to produce higher tier resources; gold and supplies, and hence more costly ?

About the diamonds part, if anything, like the trading section they need a revamp too, I joined the game when LMA was the last age so I am guessing the prices of diamonds set in earlier ages have not been reduced since ?

You must understand this that the current trading system is in bias of lower quality goods. Period.

DeletedUser7414

Hello, i'm glad to send you a idea we have in our guild about a good improvement for the market.

The problem is when members of this guild put on market for "guild only" or for all, other members DONT see the difference on their trading board.

When you select "guild" to look offers, it remove offers from neighbourgs BUT include the offers from guild member for the external market. What will be great is to be able to select only offers "only for guild".

Ex : i see a lot of offers from a player of my guild. Those offers have been created for external market because they are not "fair trade" but "profit trade". But when i'm searching offers created with selection 'only for guild" those offers appears also.

Long explanation sorry. So what we want to ask is if you can add a select button to be able to see offers created in 'guild only" mode.

Thanks.

What we hope with this is being able to find easier the offers from our members for our members. And help theem to grow faster.

Thanks for your time,