• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Trade function between players and/or AI

DeletedUser

Trade with AI/Player Territory

Trade was integral to the ages, it was the driving force that interchanged between nations.
I'm aware of the current trade via the marketplace, but a time based trade process might add a background source of income that isn't solely
the direct and intentional exchange of goods via the marketplace (which is exploited by higher age players)

Therefore, I believe it would be beneficial to have a trade system implemented to add another source of income to the game,
this could happen through:

1. Trade between players and AI nations, assuming they're not in conflict. e.g. 'trade route established' this could boost negotiations.
2. Trade between players and other players, with the possibility of a trade route being broken by other players or by chance with random events.

How this will work:
(this can be done via the 'actions' panel after breaking the defenses of someone's city)
This trade function will add +10% or (+ whatever %) of income received by a given building(s).
Trade routes can only be established a number of times, players select an amount of resources they want to send, as does the other player (in a trade window)
the chances of the trade being successful is a luck based outcome depending on the amount of resource put into the trade,
there is also the possibility of player enemies trying to attack the trade envoy, (you can employ units to defend the movement of trade against both player and AI)

trade2.jpg

I believe this will add a sense of variety to the game, and will make the grind for resources more entertaining. It seems, to me at least, quite simple to implement. I hope you (developers) feel the same way as other games have similar features that have proven to be popularized.

Thanks for reading.