• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Trade: Competitive Advantages

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

the option "buy diamonds", is fully and properly going well, so it's the only thing going totally fine in the game and not in "beta" ;)

+1 what ^ said The economy/trading is useless without player density, and doa players means no one to trade with.

On a somewhat related note - does everyone get a ration of 1:1 of commodities and pvp towers? so far I'm 2:2 - like we need a second pvp tower for some reason?

DeletedUser1081

The economy/trading is useless without player density, and doa players means no one to trade with.

the developers are working on fixing the trading situation, and something should be implemented in the near future, but no one's yet been told exactly when.

On a somewhat related note - does everyone get a ration of 1:1 of commodities and pvp towers? so far I'm 2:2 - like we need a second pvp tower for some reason?

everyone gets deposits of different goods, but the same number of deposits in the same places on the map. and each age has its own pvp tower. you can compete in several tournaments at once, if you alternate the units in your attacking army.

i recommend having a look at some of the very helpful stuff in the "guides" section of the forum.

DeletedUser

Can i ask why you haven't built other resource buildings, if you spoke with your guild you could work it out between you for everyone to have One extra resource running that isn't in the taken over cities that way you will always have at least One player in your guild that you can trade with.

DeletedUser

Guilds are not alliances. A guild is a group who produce similar products who, through collective agreement set prices and quality and prevent non members manufacturing similar products. Therefore, why should you ever want to trade with them. However you would want to attack them if they get out of line.

HOWEVER this cannot work because attacking someone has no effect on them, and you can only attack those in your neighbourhood, and when the global market arrives they will have no impact. So, a guild, in this game, is a trading alliance. But what's the point in that as we can all produce everything?

The devs do a lot of things without thinking them through. All this "hard working" nonsense has worn thin. They seem to give no thought. The fact that there is even a hope that we should spend a sizeable amount of cash is an insult to us, the clients. They need to do a little research into market systems if they intend to develop a trading game. The city economy is fine, as I can develop very well if I want to do it in my own. Yet I know Inno have other games which have markets, which do not work. So, read a book.

All that's needed is to truly randomise deposits across the continent (if all the members have the same deposits, with 20 different products, it's not random!) or break the deposits into groups of five (say) in order of discovery and randomly select one of that group of five per person; increase production rates for good deposits (then we can have proper guilds); and use the robot traders to control cost parameters (then prices will always be realistic. Some of the young kids will understand markets even less than the devs!).

You have to have cost differentials for a market to work. Cost in here is time or diamonds. Our raw materials are houses and "production" and the usable area of city, which we use to drive our artisans or "goods". If we get the balance right, we can produce one days goods per day, and are left with no gold, no materials, and no spare population. But our advantage comes from being able to produce more goods than others, and 25% (5 instead of 4) is not enough because I can negate that by a single trade in the market place.

Infact, I've had enough of mods expecting me to congratulate a non professional attitude. I'm off to delete my city.

DeletedUser

Guilds are not alliances. A guild is a group who produce similar products who, through collective agreement set prices and quality and prevent non members manufacturing similar products. Therefore, why should you ever want to trade with them. However you would want to attack them if they get out of line.
Guild
noun
1. An organization of persons with related interests, goals, etc., especially one formed for mutual aid or protection.
2. Any of various medieval associations, as of merchants or artisans, organized to maintain standards and to protect the interests of its members, and that sometimes constituted a local governing body.

So actually, the dev's use of the word Guild works fine, as either definition is suitable.

Infact, I've had enough of mods expecting me to congratulate a non professional attitude. I'm off to delete my city.
Good luck with that, since there is no option I'm aware of to delete your account off a server.

The above aside, I believe most agree that the trading/markets need work. Several of the moderators, the community manager and at least one of the devs have indicated in the forum that the issue was being worked on. IMO, we need to wait and see what they release before tearing into their design, as we don't know what it is yet. The current design has already been textually assaulted non-stop, hence it being redesigned.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

so pathetic.
I know devs are carefully reading forum (because I've already seen at least one update correcting game disbalance), so I hope they ignore all the BS you've just spit and simply ban you, mua-ha-ha.

About the market system. It's not a Forex, not even a commodities, right? There's no even currency right there. We are f#ing bartering, thus there's no 'prices', it's all about what you need now and what you have in return. If you have a lots of wood and you need a lot of marble there gotta be a person whose needs are opposite, otherwise your offer will never complete.
And because of that you can't 'double the prices' and believe that somebody would close you offer faster.

Another point is nobody would speculate about 'hey, the dude drops out 50:1, why wouldn't I bought all of his stuff and may be I can find some use for that later' - after you got all you need for researches, basically you're not motivated to trade at all. I mean, unless you pay contributions for provinces joining your empire, but that would mean that you don't get battle points from them, so no sense doing this again.

Now, very important: with all that said, I'm not complaining! That trade system as it is now is working for the game as it is now and imho no changes required. However, if somebody would try to invent something different, I think adding some in-game currency to the trade system would be cool. Or may be trading goods to coins or supplies in order to not complicate things.

Another cool variant is that you can try add trading for diamonds, say make an option while creating a guild - what would be the kind of good this guild members can trade diamond for, at rate proportional to guild size, say about 100:1 for guilds of less 3 players, 500:1 for guilds less then 10 players and so on. That would really motivate people to unite and trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.