• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Trade: Competitive Advantages

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I recently stumbled accross my third deposit: Limestone Rock, and spied out
a new province where I saw wool, within two days. I was so happy that I have
a competitive advantage in four industries now ! I use commodities I'm good
at producing to trade for the other commodity requirements.

However, I contacted a few members of my guild to ask what they're strong
at producing, so we can get some trade networks going, but they all have the
same advantages !!!!

This is very bad economics! There's no point to trade if we are all producing
the same goods, and are all doing it well. My idea is that each player should
find different deposits from the start.

DeletedUser

I recently stumbled accross my third deposit: Limestone Rock, and spied out
a new province where I saw wool, within two days. I was so happy that I have
a competitive advantage in four industries now ! I use commodities I'm good
at producing to trade for the other commodity requirements.

However, I contacted a few members of my guild to ask what they're strong
at producing, so we can get some trade networks going, but they all have the
same advantages !!!!

This is very bad economics! There's no point to trade if we are all producing
the same goods, and are all doing it well. My idea is that each player should
find different deposits from the start.

It's your choice to be in their guild

DeletedUser1081

since this reflects a misunderstanding about the way good deposits are distributed, i'm gently wafting it off to the "discussion" section of the forum. (and Henry VIII, please do note the "How to Submit Ideas" sticky at the top of this section for next time, okay? thanks!)

DeletedUser

You can't trade with your own guild? Why does one join a guild then?

DeletedUser

You can't trade with your own guild? Why does one join a guild then?

The devs released the basic guild system first without the trade ability, or battle ability because they wanted to make sure it would work right. This meaning they wanted to clear off all the bugs this new update would cause, and the rest of the old ones before putting something as big as global trading into the game because most should know that implementing something that big into a game will cause some bugs to occur.

The main reason I am in a guild, and most others is to have everything ready for the moment the update comes out to allow trading.

Hope this helps.

DeletedUser2283

Really, i dont understand the idea, of creating a poor game, w/o the posibility of trade/chat/fight against other ppl.

Oh yeah, diamonds..forget the question, i'm stupid.

DeletedUser1081

The main reason I am in a guild, and most others is to have everything ready for the moment the update comes out to allow trading.

+1
also, the guild organizers can make a point of recruiting members that have a good range of deposits. if future trading is the main point of a given guild, it's sensible to recruit that way.

DeletedUser

Really, i dont understand the idea, of creating a poor game, w/o the posibility of trade/chat/fight against other ppl.

Oh yeah, diamonds..forget the question, i'm stupid.

1)Some of us are looking for exactly that game; there are tons of games where I have to listen to the idle chatter of kids, who are going to 'pwn you, old man!'; while at the same time asking for handouts of free resources.

2) The game is not 'created' yet, this is Beta version, meaning that it is still in the testing/development phase

DeletedUser

Wow Orien, now really... Free resources? Where do you get that from? How does trading involve free resources?. Oh and by the way, you can be old or young or an alien and you still get powned. It is just the way it works in games, especially in online games. Can't get over it? Then this is not the game for those people.

1) What game exactly are you looking for? It is still not clear to me and perhaps to the rest.

2) It cannot be in beta stage forever now can it?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser65

i dont think he was refering to this game, more too what he has seen on other games with chat

DeletedUser

"Oh boy do we have a lot of cool stuff we will be working on this year! Keep an eye open, and we might just post some treats of our upcoming public roadmap for the rest of 2012! :)"

Posted by Forge of Empires on Facebook 5 hours ago/ I am guessing the Beta could run to the end of the year.

There was a really popular game that recently came out that took 10 years to get out the door, called 'Diablo 3' (and that was by a company that had all the money it wanted for development)

DeletedUser2283

1)

2) The game is not 'created' yet, this is Beta version, meaning that it is still in the testing/development phase

the option "buy diamonds", is fully and properly going well, so it's the only thing going totally fine in the game and not in "beta" ;)

DeletedUser

Not if you have Internet Explorer.

That's a browser issue, not a game issue.

I for one am happy with the game so far because I know the devs will come through with solutions to the problems soon enough. Think about it from the devs perspective for one minute, they are building, and testing, and fixing code continuously, and just about all they get is grief.

I sure hope that people do not quit over any of the problems that are presently in the game because we will have what was promised to us in the near future.

DeletedUser

I think it is a 'Europe and Microsoft hate each other issue' :P (Didn't the EU sue Microsoft to make them not incorporate IE into everything?)

DeletedUser

I think it is a 'Europe and Microsoft hate each other issue' :P (Didn't the EU sue Microsoft to make them not incorporate IE into everything?)

nah it's more of a "internet explorer sucks" issue. if you've designed a website before you'd know what I mean.

DeletedUser

you can if your guild members are in your 80. Brilliant eh? I saw this coming at communicated with my guy in my 80 and started working together right then. Took a little for some to get it but eventually they did. Now the top 5 in my 80 are also in my guild.

one problem I had is that I got two deposits of alabaster. I really dont think that should happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.