• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Townhall and login

DeletedUser

I have two new bugs, they are not so currently and I want report them both in this thread.

The first one, when I login I choose from two options en01 en02, but when I have selected one of them, it does not show the name, but I can work with this, it just about that I do not see it.

The second one, look at this picture, there is shown what I am talking about. I see the town hall of the first three players in the ranking like this. I visited all first 12 players in the ranking so I do not know what causes that problem.

DeletedUser

Hi Darddy,

I don't know how you login to the game - if I go over :
http://en.forgeofempires.com/
then I get this:
1zd2aae.jpg

So where do you choose en01 & en02 ?

The second one has been reported here :
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?848-Mystery-Town-Hall-o-O

Greets
Funonline

DeletedUser

in the future please have 1 bug in one thread.

I cant produce any of the bugs. So more information or test would be nice :-)

DeletedUser

So this will be for the login bug.

This is what I see: picture

When I choose my world (I play both, but mostly en01), this is not as you have funonline. After selection I do not see what I chose, that is not wrote in that blank.

DeletedUser

The second one, look at this picture, there is shown what I am talking about. I see the town hall of the first three players in the ranking like this. I visited all first 12 players in the ranking so I do not know what causes that problem.

I have this too - in Brisgard, other player's town halls aren't "upgraded" to their current age, but remain in the
stone age. It doesn't affect my gameplay at all - but I wanted to let you know that I've seen this "bug" too.

DeletedUser

Yes, now I see what you mean - you get a selection between Arvahall & Brisgard but after you select one - you see only a blank space.
Which browser do you use ?
I got here with Firefox 12.0 no problems @ all (11.0 also working well).
This looks like a javascript error to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Now, I found out it works well in Firefox, but I mostly use Chrome.

DeletedUser

You maybe could trace the error with the javascript error console.
I know Firefox got one - but I'm not sure about Chrome (got it only for testing)
Try the combination :
Ctrl+Shift+J
under Chrome - if a errorconsole pop up - you will see the reason for this bug.

Maybe somewhere hidden in the menu's you also could find a errorconsole or something like that.
Or >> developer tools --> bottom left "show console"

DeletedUser

I also tried it in Opera and IE and works. My Google Chrome does not have any addons.

In console, it says: 36 event.layerX and event.layerY are broken and deprecated in WebKit. They will be removed from the engine in the near future.

What does it mean for me?

DeletedUser

event.layerX and event.layerY are broken and deprecated in WebKit
So after some searching I've found maybe the answer to it :
At first this is the error that shows you only a blank space >>> Error traced

How to solve ?
Each browser got it's own implementation about jquery (your error), and from what I've seen this is only caused by an older version of chrome.
So could you please make a update to the newest version and test it again ?

event.layerY = en1 Arvahall
event.layerX = en2 Brisgard

What happens ?
You want to give your Browser two Options (en1/2) but the jquery from chrome could not assign / handle it right with the javascript event - and only shows you a blank space

Edit 2 :
Darddy you must see this error also on some other webpages which gives you a javescript selection, or ?

You can test it under :
(This is a basic javascript-test and not exclusively adressed to this error)
http://www.electrictoolbox.com/javascript-add-options-html-select/
Scroll down on the page to : "Example in action"
Select Populate Hard Coded or Populate From Array (both must work)
then select something from the dropdownbox above (ex: Text2)
After it push "selected" and you will get a messagewindow with
Text: Text 2
Value : Value 2

If this don't work @ all, something is wrong.

DeletedUser

I have latest version. And I do not know if there were any updates because I have never needed to update it. I have Chrome 18.0.1025.162

And I tried that. Exactly, like you said, I saw there Text: Text2 and Value: Value2. But how can this solve my problem. I was also searching for <select> in Elements/JavaScript console and I found id, name and class what is exactly the blank the problem is about.

I see I can edit those HTML things in Resources. Will the change solve this problem? And there is this: #login_button {
display: block; What should I write to repair it?

DeletedUser

Hmm, it would be nice to know if there is someone else also using Chrome got this bug.
In my point of view it's not bug of FoE - it's a bug of Chrome.

And yes you've got the lastest version of chrome as it looks.

There will be soon a newer version :
19.0 - May 2012
V8 engine supports JavaScript Harmony (ECMAScript 6).
Use Google's online spellchecker to identify misspelled words as well as provide suggestions, for pasted text only.
When translating a page, get the code and translation via HTTPS.
Access tabs between devices

Source :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Chrome

The best thing you could do @ this point is to wait for a few days and get the new version of it.
There are some fixes in the javascript engine as it looks, but I'm no Chrome expert.

Another solution maybe is to change the loginpage from FoE with a different coding (must be done by Innogames), but you could login afterall if I read it right.
Uncomfortable for you but working ?

Manually coding html-pages you get from the server will solve you nothing.
Anytime you relogin you need to change the code again and again - and it not so easy to make it running with a already buggy javascript engine from chrome.

DeletedUser

When I registered and first tried to log in, i did not know how to do it, because of this problem. Now, I log in without any problem.

I will wait for that update, maybe it will update it itself without my will, because as I said, I have never updated it and I have it for some time long.

DeletedUser

event.layerX and event.layerY are broken and deprecated in WebKit
So after some searching I've found maybe the answer to it :
At first this is the error that shows you only a blank space >>> Error traced

How to solve ?
Each browser got it's own implementation about jquery (your error), and from what I've seen this is only caused by an older version of chrome.
So could you please make a update to the newest version and test it again ?

event.layerY = en1 Arvahall
event.layerX = en2 Brisgard

What happens ?
You want to give your Browser two Options (en1/2) but the jquery from chrome could not assign / handle it right with the javascript event - and only shows you a blank space

Edit :
Darddy you must see this error also on some other webpages which gives you a javescript selection, or ?
You can test it under :
http://www.electrictoolbox.com/javascript-add-options-html-select/
Scroll down on the page to : "Example in action"
Select Populate Hard Coded or Populate From Array (both must work)
then select something from the dropdownbox above (ex: Text2)
After it push "selected" and you will get a messagewindow with
Text: Text 2
Value : Value 2

If this don't work @ all, something is wrong.
I have the same problem while using Google Chrome. But I've tried with test you showed and there, it works just fine :/

DeletedUser

Hi LadyDee

the test I've posted from Electrictoolbox is a basic javascript-test with eventhandlers and not exclusive adressed to this error.
Not long ago this test won't run under Chrome - so I've posted it, to see whats the status about it.
Sry here this was a little bit misleading from me (I will change it).

@Darddy & Ladydee
Could you please post an update from you, if the bug is solved or not in the new Chrome version 19.0 ?
This could take some time - it is planned for May but no specified day.
You will get the update from Chrome via the Googleupdateservice - there is no user interaction needed.

@Seekhunt & HaekelHansi
If this topic don't bite anyone, could you please let it on Status : Pending - until we see what the Chromeupdate brings ?
When the update fails to solve this bug, it may be necessary to adapt the loginpage to Chrome

Greets
Funonline

DeletedUser

SO the new update solved my problem when logging in. Now I see the name of the world. Anyway, it is good to see how much medals I have.