• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Time Zone?

DeletedUser99343

How do I get the time zone set correctly? It shows that people attacked/motivated/polished, but the time zone is clearly not right.

DeletedUser16026

You cannot set your own timezone, but it should be fairly easy to get used with the difference between the timezone the game uses and your own. For example if it's a 6 hours difference, then just add/subtract 6 hours when looking at logs. It's not the perfect solution, but I find it easy to use.

Surge

Brigadier-General
Yeah that's something that was going on for nearly two years, if not more (I am judging by my join date, not creation). I still didn't get the timing right, and quite frankly don't need to.

The problem here is that the clock runs server time. So wherever the server host is located, it uses that server time.

But you know what would solve the problem? Hosting the server in the South Pole, right smack in the middle. That way, no one would have problems over one another because no one's time would be right anyway.

DeletedUser15432

How do I get the time zone set correctly? It shows that people attacked/motivated/polished, but the time zone is clearly not right.

Have you actually tried setting the time zone in your profile in the forum, because it can be set there

Surge

Brigadier-General
Have you actually tried setting the time zone in your profile in the forum, because it can be set there

That's the forum. The forum isn't linked to your game. So setting the time on your forum account makes no change to your actual game time.

DeletedUser

Surely the FoE clock is linked to you Windows TZ?? Mine certainly is.

DeletedUser15432

No, you have to set the forum clock in your profile as the default setting is Central European Time (Germany)

DeletedUser9168

The bottom of my forum pages (like this one) says