• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Thread Chat

Toxic Rebel

Private
I have an idea for a new chat.

I don't use the Global Chat, and I'm not in a Guild.

What would be useful imo is a Thread Chat.
I'm in an independent 1.9 Thread and a Help Thread.
I talk to the members alot, but we always have to converse in the threads, off topic mostly.

A Thread Chat would be useful to ask who's online, for example before you open a snipable level when you're not in a Guild, or just to say hi and talk to friends.

When you open a thread, there would be two buttons instead of just the "Send" button, "Chat" and "Thread", to select if your message if for the thread itself, or for the chat.
When you select "Chat" you'd stay in the chat untill you change it, and vice versa. If you don't care for the chat, your "Thread" button would stay selected, so all your posts would go to the thread.

The chat itself would be visible on the left/right, attached to the thread window.

I think this could be really useful, because the Global Chat is crowded at times and hard to follow, and not everyone is in a Guild.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
So - a no vote means a person should be considered a dinosaur? And you feel a new thread should be created - just because you do not feel like using the completely open and usable Global Chat. How sad.

Toxic Rebel

Private
So - a no vote means a person should be considered a dinosaur? And you feel a new thread should be created - just because you do not feel like using the completely open and usable Global Chat. How sad.
That's what I mean, people here can't take a joke, and want things to stay the same. Some people will vote against an idea, just because they don't like change, even when they think it's a good idea.

What you call a "completely open and usable Global Chat", are 50 people chatting/yelling, trying to read what their friend send them, and trying to ignore the rest of the posts. That's not what I call usable or open.

Oh, and talking about dinosaur, I'm from 1972...

Tellx

Private
It sounds like you are suggesting an option that would basically be the same as is available in Message Centre -Social, but that would remove the need to close the box every time you want to do another action.

Emberguard

Legend
So you want to pin a pre-existing thread from your message center into the Chat feature? Is that what you're suggesting?

Knight of ICE

I think you have shot yourself in the foot with your poll options and your attempt to make a joke does not help either.

People do not vote against an idea cause they do not like change. People vote against an idea cause they do not see why changes should be made where only a few will benefit from. I don't think it is a good idea. You are in a 1,9 chat and a help thread. Nothing is stopping you from setting up a chat thread with the same people in it. Your suggestion would mean that every thread in the message center would get a chat option and in my opinion that can only cause chaos. It is way to big a change just to accommodate a few.

Toxic Rebel

Private
I think you have shot yourself in the foot with your poll options and your attempt to make a joke does not help either.

People do not vote against an idea cause they do not like change. People vote against an idea cause they do not see why changes should be made where only a few will benefit from. I don't think it is a good idea. You are in a 1,9 chat and a help thread. Nothing is stopping you from setting up a chat thread with the same people in it. Your suggestion would mean that every thread in the message center would get a chat option and in my opinion that can only cause chaos. It is way to big a change just to accommodate a few.
I wasn't making a joke out of it, I was making a point.

Actually they do vote against "just because", the votes prove it. Like I said, I'm from '72, and I've seen it time and time again. Websites going down, because a few people were power-hungry.

Voting in this Forum, before presenting an idea to the developers, has become obsolete. It doesn't represent the majority of the players anymore.
I did a poll before posting here, and most players liked the idea, because it would make contacting eachother alot easier and faster.

If you're against an idea, that's fine, but just voting against an idea because you're against change, not right.
So there needs to come a new way for voting on new ideas, away from this forum, that has way to much power, in the hands of just a few people.
This is like a broken democraty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight of ICE

Actually they do vote against "just because", the votes prove it.

Only thing the votes prove is that people vote against it, nothing else. There is no explanation given with the votes. You may think it is because people do not like change. I think it is because you insult those that do not agree with you. See it my way, or you are a dinosaur. Voice it like that and I love to be a dinosaur.

Emberguard

Legend
Actually they do vote against "just because", the votes prove it.

No it doesn't. You haven't outlined how the change functions. It's incredibly vague on that end of things. This is a problem given the developers tend to implement ideas very specifically to what's forwarded, particularly if it's a shoe-horned / retroactive feature change.

If I presented a idea to increase the diamond costs of everything in the game by x1,000 what they are now, are you going to stick by the same logic that people would only vote against it "just because"?

Everyone has a different idea on what's fun or worth implementing. Just because the presenter of the idea thinks it's wonderful doesn't automatically mean every no vote is "just because". By that logic if you don't agree to every idea presented (no matter what the idea is) then there's no valid reason for your no vote either

Knight of ICE

This idea does not have enough Community support. Closed and archived.