• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

This is a wargame

DeletedUser

I have read many posts and I've had enough. I have nothing against anybody here. I am a warrior. I enjoy the war aspect of this game. I have seen too many ideas batted around to greatly cripple this aspect of the game. I feel this may be from the personal nature in which complainers lodge their complaints. Using terms like, "bullied", "harassed", or "picked on." These are powerful emotional terms. This can have a profound effect on some people who may have felt this when they were younger. Now that they have power, they may try to do things to get back at the bullies they were powerless against in school. Please do not be manipulated by this language. This is a game. It is also a wargame, which means the object of the game is to perform acts of war. Why would you seek to punish us, discourage us, or even limit us in any way from committing acts of war? If plundering is the object of the game and I plunder a defenseless player, does that make me a bully? And what about the defenseless player? Did he not know this was a wargame? If I was a moderator and a player cried that someone had attacked his defenseless city, I'd ask him why he didn't build defenses. This is a wargame. Don't let the rhetoric fool you. Noone is attacking people for spite or anger (except those responding to the revenge button). It's for battle points and medals. If you continue coddling these players, please eliminate the war aspect altogether. Make it another farmville. Trade our military buildings for fluffy white sheep and floopy earred dogs. Because that's all it'll be good for.

DeletedUser

Nobody's taken away anything in regards to PVP in the game. And there's even more on the way with the Guild Wars update, coming soon!

DeletedUser9815

I have read many posts and I've had enough. I have nothing against anybody here. I am a warrior. I enjoy the war aspect of this game. I have seen too many ideas batted around to greatly cripple this aspect of the game. I feel this may be from the personal nature in which complainers lodge their complaints. Using terms like, "bullied", "harassed", or "picked on." These are powerful emotional terms. This can have a profound effect on some people who may have felt this when they were younger. Now that they have power, they may try to do things to get back at the bullies they were powerless against in school. Please do not be manipulated by this language. This is a game. It is also a wargame, which means the object of the game is to perform acts of war. Why would you seek to punish us, discourage us, or even limit us in any way from committing acts of war? If plundering is the object of the game and I plunder a defenseless player, does that make me a bully? And what about the defenseless player? Did he not know this was a wargame? If I was a moderator and a player cried that someone had attacked his defenseless city, I'd ask him why he didn't build defenses. This is a wargame. Don't let the rhetoric fool you. Noone is attacking people for spite or anger (except those responding to the revenge button). It's for battle points and medals. If you continue coddling these players, please eliminate the war aspect altogether. Make it another farmville. Trade our military buildings for fluffy white sheep and floopy earred dogs. Because that's all it'll be good for.
Well said...and as the Mod said above, There planning a guild wars of some style.....so farmville lovers best start putting up a defence. :D

DeletedUser3707

Never played Guild Wars. So what do we expect?

As long as you can log in to collect your goods just as they finish, it doesn't matter how many people attack you.

note: I'd probably sacrifice some battle gimmicks for aesthetics. There are way too many (ugly) poorly laid out player cities.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3157

I play in all worlds. In one of them, I am the "bully", meaning I attack my nabers daily, sometimes plunder few of them in attement to force my policies, and am active in it in general. In other 7 I am a super casual player. I log those worlds perhaps daily or so(they are all in HMA or LMA by now though), never attack anyone etc. In most of those worlds, there are a few aggressive players in the hood who dare to attack me(and everyone else I assume) on somewhat regular bases.

In 2 of those worlds, those players are aggressive when it comes down to plundering and being hard on it. And in 1 of those worlds, I have a truely top active hardcore opponent who goes out of his way to plunder me(prolly since I hit him back and didn't take his deals lol) and he also has a bit less aggressive companion in similar vein. Literally, I remember when I built my glass factory during a time I was on a lenghty party mode and not being able to always collect during the second it gets ready, and I wasn't able to make single glass collect for a period of 7 days, I lost it every day despite totally random collect times and no patterns. 2 mins late is all that it takes for this fella, no matter what time it is.

So saying all this and thinking I have a somewhat wide perception on the matter having seen multiple angles of it, I still laugh at people whining at getting plundered. Once u take a small breath and look back at it, in 99% of cases u can understand that it was somewhat ur fault or u could have prevented it. Weather it be disconnecting roads to ensure collect dates when u can be online, or in general setting production lenghts that allow u to collect, if u care enough, u can not be plundered. Fact.

DeletedUser653

Nobody's taken away anything in regards to PVP in the game. And there's even more on the way with the Guild Wars update, coming soon!

Er yes they have.

Medals used to be the only way to measure a players attacking skills and winning those towers was a real challenge for a player. But alas GB's took that away and started giving them away to the farming boys and we now have the situation where the guy in 30th place on the medal table has only had 90 battles (29th place has 8000). So the weekly challenge for the PVP guys has been diminished as it does not reflect on the medal table.

DeletedUser12149

PvP and challenge don't belong in the same sentence in this game. Just get your +60% attack and def and go farm newbies all day to win all the towers. Why let the newbies have their own low age towers to get their medals when you can just horde them all for yourself in colonial age, right?

</sarcasm>

DeletedUser

Personally I am one of the "farmers", and I love how the game can be played in many different ways. I don't see it as a wargame. I see it as a city building game. That includes all the aspects of the game, and everyone can choose for themselves which areas to participate in. I keep a decent defense, but don't really do battles at all.

So lets just let everyone play the game the way they wish to.

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser

Never played Guild Wars. So what do we expect?

I don't think this feature will be anything like the game 'Guild wars'. The guild wars here will involve army fighting probraly, I hope a bit in the style of fort battles they use in 'The West' (the webgame, not the compass direction). Would be cool to have a guild castle that you have to to defend by placing guild member armies on a map or something.

Also, I really don't understand all those whiners about attacks. First of all, you can only attack/plunder once a day, it's not like the whole city will be destroyed.

And last but not least, what happened to the friendly message with a normal rational discussion? I understand people won't like me for attacking them, but do they really think I will stop attacking after being called every bad word in the forum troll's handbook?

DeletedUser12149

And last but not least, what happened to the friendly message with a normal rational discussion? I understand people won't like me for attacking them, but do they really think I will stop attacking after being called every bad word in the forum troll's handbook?

If you can't handle a few "naughty" words then maybe you should rethink your strategy of murder and thievery day after day. But if you want to continue doing what you do then you can't expect a friendly message. That is just absurd.

DeletedUser

Illyria,

If you are receiving offensive messages, you can always file an in-game ticket (right-click anywhere in your town, choose "contact support", choose the world you play in and go from there). Nobody has to endure such things, especially when you are doing nothing wrong - choosing to go the PvP-route, is not wrong and is a part of the game.

If you can't handle a few "naughty" words then maybe you should rethink your strategy of murder and thievery day after day. But if you want to continue doing what you do then you can't expect a friendly message. That is just absurd.

There is no such thing as just "a few naughty words". Confronting another player with derogatory/offensive terms is not allowed both in-game and on the forum here. Nor should it force a player to change his playing style because of it.

DeletedUser

Oh I can handle a few naughty words - in fact I have no problem deleting those message's right away. And not saying they should say 'hey, thanks for plundering me, great day huh?'. I am saying that if they don't like my actions they can ask me to stop or whatever using sentences without the F-word etc. I am not the personification of all evil or anything, I can still listen to reason. But going straight to the 'naughty words'... it's just stupid, and won't accomplish anything.

Illyria,

If you are receiving offensive messages, you can always file an in-game ticket (right-click anywhere in your town, choose "contact support", choose the world you play in and go from there). Nobody has to endure such things, especially when you are doing nothing wrong - choosing to go the PvP-route, is not wrong and is a part of the game.

Thanks Medea, didn't know we could use support on 'naughty words' as well :)

DeletedUser

LMAO at "murder and thievery"
amigo, you do know this is a game right? and a game where your losses translate in pixels at most, so try not to cut your veins when somebody steals your imaginary gold from your imaginary city from the imaginary world you`re living in.

DeletedUser

Er yes they have.

Medals used to be the only way to measure a players attacking skills and winning those towers was a real challenge for a player. But alas GB's took that away and started giving them away to the farming boys and we now have the situation where the guy in 30th place on the medal table has only had 90 battles (29th place has 8000). So the weekly challenge for the PVP guys has been diminished as it does not reflect on the medal table.

I am not certain how towers reflect your attacking skill, maybe it is in more advanced ages or balanced neighborhoods but I see it as a measure of time invested and patience to fight the ~same repetitive fight over again and it's not even pvp. For that matter you should be glad about the upcoming addition of "guild wars", which might actually bring some pvp action.

...So saying all this and thinking I have a somewhat wide perception on the matter having seen multiple angles of it, I still laugh at people whining at getting plundered...
I don't have your experiences but I might offer some perspective. People will always complain about getting plundered, this natural because no one likes to loose. However, this is not the problem and no one want to change this core mechanic.(at least as far as I seen) In a recent thread on the topic, my initial response was same as yours. However, upon looking further into this I decided that in certain cases there is merit to the guys claims. It is poor balancing and various extreme cases that I seen people were trying to tackle rather than pvp issue in general as some people suggest.

DeletedUser

Can't agree with you at all !

DeletedUser

I don't agree with any of you at all, since this is a thread about nothing but 'I beg to differ' and 'you're wrong'. if you can't adjust, you lose.

DeletedUser276

Ahem guess I will weigh in here and throw my weight around :P *twitch* its been 10 minutes since I did so and am going through withdrawals.

This game has 2 paths that players can take. At any point in the game they can switch paths. Which is why I like so much about this game. (not speaking as admin but just a person)

You can play this as a sim city builder or you can play it as a war game with good pvp action. As the game comes out there will be more pvp options and more sim city builder options.

For almost everything in the game you can choose to either fight your way through it. Or pay in goods and such to get past it. (pvp or sim)

Need medals - build GB to collect or fight enemies and win towers... or BOTH! and earn more medals.

Want to take over more provinces? Fight the units... or pay to bribe them.

When guild wars come out they will be guild vs guild. Not player vs player. So if people want to participate they can. If they dont want to fight they can stay out of it and do more city building.

If you complain that there are too many sim players or too many war guys then its just a matter of perspective.

As for plundering I have stated it in another thread and will state it here.

player said:
Oh my people keep attacking me and my offensive pms dont seem to be doing anything but getting them to attack me more, what can I do mr admin person type

People done seem to understand the point to the timings for houses and production buildings.

well this house produces every 8 hours, and this one over here produces every hour. I want the hourly one as I may get more out of it.

thats true but when your not online they sit there and people attacking can see houses to pillage so they keep coming back.

But if you do 8 hours or 24 hour houses (I have 24 hour houses) I log in collect and bam I am gone. I log in right before they come to and collect them.

This means you can set up your timings to prevent others from stealing them. Most dont though as they want higher rates at lower times.... but fail to see the long run picture of it

DeletedUser653

Typical Farmer again, perhaps a few nice words will cut the plundering back? the only thing you can be sure of if you call me a bad name I will plunder you daily. Seriously theres not need for nasty words, its a easy life, no loss of villages or walking up to find your out the game.

I have one world where I have 4 players daily trying to plunder me, they win about 20% of the time and yes I curse to myself when they take my silk, but its part of the game and we go on.

DeletedUser8994

Guy's I think its time to let this debate die out please. I play the game both way's, although its very very rare that I plunder. Only those that will not put a defence in place, but will still go for the PVP point's.
I think it's time to agree with Mutzena, when she said "So lets just let everyone play the game the way they wish to".
All the best you King's and Queen's
Mimzy

DeletedUser

This game has the potential to be anything but a war game but it depends how far you look ........with myopia it is a simple shoot em up and that is the simple game but with better vision it could be far more .................