• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [Friends Tavern] The Tutorial Stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110195

Proposal: A slight redesign of the tutorial, extending it to include the learning of construction and using the friends tavern.

Couldn't find a similar idea

Details: Extend the length of the tutorial, add perhaps a temporary AI friend for the purposes of learning the function of the tavern or just explain it well. This of course means adding a step in the tutorial process which gives enough forge points to research it. That or shift it in the tree so it's attainable with 12 forge points max.

Reason: As I start on new worlds, it's becoming abundantly clear that many new players don't think to click that little chair icon on your portrait. If they keep to the game they'll probably stumble into it, but a little longer of a tutorial could fix that.

No visuals

I can't think of balance issues from this

No possible abuse

In summary, I think all aspects of the game should be covered. When you get your first blueprint fragment the info screen that pops up covers all the bases, but when you research construction, its info screen doesn't point out how you visit someone's tavern.

DeletedUser110531

I think this is a good idea, when I first saw the tavern I did not know how it would be used or how to get the most benefits from it. I think demonstrating to newer player could prove very helpful, it will also give them reasons to add friends.

DeletedUser

i agree ,but i think that they should be able to senser when sme1 already has a city that they don't need to do whole tutorial again!!

Vesiger

Monarch
+1
New game elements that get added after the creation of the tutorial should be added into that as well.

+1
It makes sense that there should be a turorial on the tavern.

It need not be part of the main tutorial but could instead be a pop-in tutor for when Construction is gained. In this way, the user is less likely to suffer from 'guidance fatigue'. Also, it can then be aborted by experienced players.

Things to cover:
  • The tavern shop and using tavern silver.
  • The tavern table and the various upgrades around it.
  • How to visit other taverns and that you can sit in more than one tavern at a time (since that is the bit that breaks the realism of it all).
It could be even further extended by:
  1. Having to build the tavern as a special-placed building (but not costing much, or funded by the tutor). This would add interest and involvement.
  2. Having to buy the initial table and chairs with tavern silver provided. This would encourage participation and upgrading.
  3. Having a group of standard 'friends' (tutor's friends?) sit at the table immediately for the first collection of tavern silver. This would encourage collection and be a reason for even experienced players to go through the tutorial.

Last edited:

DeletedUser110195

It could be even further extended by:
I don't think it needs to have the tavern itself built during the tutorial, merely have it zoomed in on. Showing the process of accepting friends, inviting friends, collecting silver, and even removing friends, or having them remove you. At the end of this part of the tutorial all AI friends should be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.