• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The same GB again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surge

Brigadier-General
I think I am going to cry now...

FZsnX.png

DeletedUser3727

I would love duplicate BPs. At least it would mean I was finding some. None now for 5 days.

DeletedUser

and let me guess,

you gathered 8 pieces, then bought the 9th. Which just so happened to be that piece.

DeletedUser3157

I think he just bought all pieces and later on got another duplicate BP for the same GP. Otherwise odds of getting 9 BPs from same building and they all being unique(no duplicates) are 1/1050.

Surge

Brigadier-General
I think he just bought all pieces and later on got another duplicate BP for the same GP. Otherwise odds of getting 9 BPs from same building and they all being unique(no duplicates) are 1/1050.

I got the duplicate when clearly the Frauenkirche was already there as a collection option! Why didn't it go there?

DeletedUser

I got the duplicate when clearly the Frauenkirche was already there as a collection option! Why didn't it go there?

because that would be logical.

DeletedUser276

Both are Colonial Age. So you had equal chance to get either. Everyone is racing to get as much gb as they can. I have already said for players to be aware that its supposed to be a slow process. And players will get duplicate blue prints which can be usable later on when more of the game is released.

DeletedUser1032

I have already said for players to be aware that its supposed to be a slow process.

And the process is, indeed, very slow. Since the introduction of great buildings, so far I've got two blueprint drops, despite the fact that I motivate my entire guild almost daily, not to mention my daily plunderings.
So in order to speed up the process a bit, I'm stuck donating my forge points to the wallet warriors, therefore helping to erect their great structures, which they got with zero gaming effort. Of course, that's just helping to widen the great chasm that already exists between them and the rest of us.

Just so I'm not misunderstood here, I'm not complaining about the paying players. They do what the game allows them to do. But if the gameplay is gonna be so different for payers and nonpayers, we might as well have two separate servers, since competition between the two groups is somewhat nonexistent and rather impossible, no matter how much clicking per day I do.

Surge

Brigadier-General
And the process is, indeed, very slow. Since the introduction of great buildings, so far I've got two blueprint drops, despite the fact that I motivate my entire guild almost daily, not to mention my daily plunderings.
So in order to speed up the process a bit, I'm stuck donating my forge points to the wallet warriors, therefore helping to erect their great structures, which they got with zero gaming effort. Of course, that's just helping to widen the great chasm that already exists between them and the rest of us.

Just so I'm not misunderstood here, I'm not complaining about the paying players. They do what the game allows them to do. But if the gameplay is gonna be so different for payers and nonpayers, we might as well have two separate servers, since competition between the two groups is somewhat nonexistent and rather impossible, no matter how much clicking per day I do.

Well, to be honest, the diamond guys do help you significantly. They offer an option to everyone to significantly increase their average finding chance through donations included.

If you get the 2 different people, diamond and non, somehow into different servers, then you can finally set out to find blueprints without the really fast guys. Good luck, with that.

DeletedUser3157

TerraAnt: Clicking always wins. It's just a matter of needing to do much less of that. There are non-diamond GPs being erect over the servers at this stage of game and there will be more and more coming every day. Obviously everything else you said is correct, I wrote long and detailed posts on this in days when GPs came out. Luckly for us we are almost done soon with the "fading-in" part of this feature where it really sucked and was unfair. Soon it will reach a phase where it is more natural with many GPs around. Luckily, about 99.9% of the players in this game suck really bad, so the damage done by bringing in GP system while it was still incomplete and broken wasn't as bad as I expected, since only a minority was able to abuse this system to the fullest.

DeletedUser1032

Well, to be honest, the diamond guys do help you significantly. They offer an option to everyone to significantly increase their average finding chance through donations included.

If you get the 2 different people, diamond and non, somehow into different servers, then you can finally set out to find blueprints without the really fast guys. Good luck, with that.

But that's exactly the point I'm trying to make. The system is so one-sided that everyone else has no other choice but to get on the donation bandwagon. If I chose to rely on drop rates alone, it's never gonna happen. And if I choose to donate forge points, I'm rewarding diamond users for showing zero game effort in getting their own great buildings. First, non-payers must donate daily forge points, so trading with neighbours is out of the question. Second, non-payers are now contributing towards the development of someone else's great buildings which ensure that their own armies will pretty much become obsolete, while also ensuring that their resource production will never be competitive. And third, once payers' buildings are all built and upgraded, there is absolutely no guarantee that they'll be willing to return the donating favour when it's time to build GBs for those who helped them in the first place.

So yes, I think we're playing two very different games here. We got one group that doesn't have to extend much effort yet gains huge advantages, and another group that will never get there, no matter how much effort they make. It's not an issue of payers and non-payers, it's an issue of game mechanics that allow such disparity between the two groups.
And yes, it is becoming an issue, as many diamond users themselves have been complaining that the game is becoming less and less challenging.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser276

only a minority was able to abuse this system to the fullest.

There is no abuse of the system as the system is operated as its given to the players.

also this thread is not about paying vs non paying players. Please be mindful of this for future posts and keep on topic.

Thank you.

DeletedUser

I actually am having wonderful luck with the Fraunkirche of Dresden. The funny part is I didn't want it and actually paid diamonds to get the BP's for deal castle I didn't have. I still haven't even been trying to get it I just keep getting it from motivations and from helping a friend with his Dresden church since it seems like to no one wants it. At this point I'm planning on it getting it because of how ridiculously good my luck has become on this one particular GB. 3 left and not a single duplicate and tonight I'll get 3 more. Here is hoping!

DeletedUser8813

ahhhh yes i have been putting forge points into a great building in one of the worlds i play in,3 times i have been the leading donator and 3 times i have received the same 2 blueprints..lol ,going for a 4th try and see if i can snag a different blueprint ...luck off the draw...:)

DeletedUser

I have motivated my entire guild maybe 3-4 times and plundered my entire neighbourhood once for merely 372 visits. This gave me 6 Blueprints of 6 different buildings with 0 duplicates.
It would be funny if the devs actually made a formula do decrease BP droprates the more you hunt for them lmao. :cool:

- L

DeletedUser6514

Duplicates...

forgeofempireslighthous.png

How the hell do you have that many for the lighthouse? Forget the fact that you have duplicates..You're telling me you've been able to get 17 blueprints for the lighthouse by itself! Unbelievable... :mad:

DeletedUser

How the hell do you have that many for the lighthouse? Forget the fact that you have duplicates..You're telling me you've been able to get 17 blueprints for the lighthouse by itself! Unbelievable... :mad:

That one is from the beta server where I have had a couple more weeks to get blueprints. However, only two or three of those lighthouse blueprints are from motivating/polishing - all the others (including 2 more since that picture was posted, which includes the missing one so the lighthouse is now placed) are from spending FP on other people's lighthouses. The sad thing is that in getting that lighthouse, I almost got enough BP to construct a second one and I have some FP invested into other lighthouses so by the time they level up I may get all the pieces to have all duplicates.

That said, I am following a similar pattern on the EN servers and already have 9 BP (5 unique) for one building and that is mostly from spending FP rather than polishing/motivating.

DeletedUser6514

^

Oh ok that makes more sense haha. I'm trying for the lighthouse as well and have only been able to get 3 pieces so far. Nobody around me has one so I can't donate fp or I would definitely be doing that.

Drama-Queen

Corporal
I don't have duplicat GBs, but duplicate BPs. On A & B many came from donating my FP, once I got twice in a row the same BP for my donations.

GB-A-StMarks-1.jpgGB-BFrauDresden-1.jpgGB-C-all-1.jpg

Maybe by the time I reach Colonial Age level on C I can get all BP for the 8 GBs I found so far... :D...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.