• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The Know-It-All's!........Yawn!

DeletedUser4906

It's simply staggering to read some of the tosh that beings chunter on about in here, you'd think they were running NATO the way they bang on about this n' that, like someone really cares!

The worst are the one's who follow the Mod's solutions & add a load of waffle to boot!
Nose's firmly ensconced in places they shouldn't be...Have they NO shame?

Maybe they're just "Billy No-Mates" & need to feel to be wanted.....Zzzz!
Tough! Get a life, it's a game....End of!

Seeing post's which they add that are 2 words short of War & Peace for a simple 1 line answer which the Mod's have already dealt with is deplorable bordering on narcissism.

Armchair Generals who think that THEY reign supreme & are fountain's of knowledge & stick their oar into every post with the only possible solution...........Yawn!

If you stuck 'em in a trench anywhere on The Somme in an environment like that you would see an awful long queue for the latrines!

Or lined up against a wall as dawn breaks......

Just my humble opinion, that's all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hello Mozzer,

I am sorry you feel this way about us, but it is mislead. We are only here to help players enjoy the game in as much of a bug free environment as possible, and in doing this we need to ask the simple, repetitive questions that seem so annoying to you. When a mod, or a player that helps us, tells another player to do something like clear the browser cache, switch to a different browser, or update Flash, or Java, or anything like that, it is not because we think we know it all. We do this to narrow down the problem, order of elimination, try to make sure it is not on the players end, or easily resolved by a simple action. If none of these work, then we know we need to dig into the account, and see where the problem is. Yes, it is repetitive, yes, it is annoying, and yes, it is a necessary step in the elimination process.

As to, us, sticking our noses into every post, would you rather have a forum full of questions with no answers? We pride ourselves on helping any, and all players with any, and all game related problems. We are here to help you, and others have a wonderful, and comfortable gaming experience. Players ask a lot of questions, and yes, we do know quite a bit about the game, I have been on this game for a very long time, as long as it has been in open beta, maybe a little less, and so has most of us on the team. We are here to help as much as we can with what we know. I for one know for a fact that us, and the more experienced players posting in almost all the threads helping all newcomers, and other players as possible, in a timely manner so they can enjoy the game, is a great thing. Also on that note, the environment we keep on this forum is very family friendly, we want to make sure everyone enjoys their experience in-game, and in this forum as well. I am sorry you disagree with this, but if us helping, and making sure everyone enjoys Forge of Empires EN is upsetting you, there is nothing I can do about that, and maybe this is not for you unfortunately.

Armchair Generals
is not what we act like, we are only volunteering our time to make yours, and others gaming experience fun.

I really do hope you enjoy Forge of Empires, and understand we are here to help, and here to stay.

DeletedUser4906

Hello Mozzer,

I am sorry you feel this way about us, but it is mislead. We are only here to help players enjoy the game in as much of a bug free environment as possible, and in doing this we need to ask the simple, repetitive questions that seem so annoying to you. When a mod, or a player that helps us, tells another player to do something like clear the browser cache, switch to a different browser, or update Flash, or Java, or anything like that, it is not because we think we know it all. We do this to narrow down the problem, order of elimination, try to make sure it is not on the players end, or easily resolved by a simple action. If none of these work, then we know we need to dig into the account, and see where the problem is. Yes, it is repetitive, yes, it is annoying, and yes, it is a necessary step in the elimination process.

As to, us, sticking our noses into every post, would you rather have a forum full of questions with no answers? We pride ourselves on helping any, and all players with any, and all game related problems. We are here to help you, and others have a wonderful, and comfortable gaming experience. Players ask a lot of questions, and yes, we do know quite a bit about the game, I have been on this game for a very long time, as long as it has been in open beta, maybe a little less, and so has most of us on the team. We are here to help as much as we can with what we know. I for one know for a fact that us, and the more experienced players posting in almost all the threads helping all newcomers, and other players as possible, in a timely manner so they can enjoy the game, is a great thing. Also on that note, the environment we keep on this forum is very family friendly, we want to make sure everyone enjoys their experience in-game, and in this forum as well. I am sorry you disagree with this, but if us helping, and making sure everyone enjoys Forge of Empires EN is upsetting you, there is nothing I can do about that, and maybe this is not for you unfortunately.

is not what we act like, we are only volunteering our time to make yours, and others gaming experience fun.

I really do hope you enjoy Forge of Empires, and understand we are here to help, and here to stay.

You misunderstand totally Herluth The Ninja, i'm talkin' about the players NOT The Mod's at all, Ye Mod's seem nice enough folk, under pressure from the Spammers & doin' a fine job i hasten to add.

Hope that clears that up......:cool:

DeletedUser

If the people you speak of are REAL know-it-alls then they will be able to answer this question, (which I do not know the answer to):

Where did the following phrase originate:

"Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who do."

Edit: Rats that was bothering me. So I googled it Hee Hee. Here is what I found:

That quote is attributable to Isaac Asimov, but it was slightly misquoted:
“People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4906

:mad::mad:Grrrrr!!:mad::mad:

I fear I cannot name the worst miscreants for fear of being read the riot act by a Mod, but there is one particular perp who seems to follow Mod's comments like the proverbial number two to a blanket!!!

WHY???

The query had been answered yet he has to follow it up with something 2 words short of War & Peace as though he has THE answer, like the Mod needs back-up....

Stroll on....Gets right up my hooter!

(And having a Roman nose that's quite a distance to travel!):)

DeletedUser

:mad::mad:Grrrrr!!:mad::mad:

I fear I cannot name the worst miscreants for fear of being read the riot act by a Mod, but there is one particular perp who seems to follow Mod's comments like the proverbial number two to a blanket!!!

i think..... i would have a high chance of a correct guess for this...... :rolleyes:

DeletedUser4906

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

It's like a plague, so hoity-toity, stuck-up, patronising, odious, mind-numbingly arrogant nincompoop's who in reality couldn't think there way out of a paper-bag!

Keyboard Warrior's who live in cave's as the pond wouldn't let 'em in when they went knockin' at the door!

:mad: