• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The great blueprint rip off!

DeletedUser15550

Had 2 duplicate blue prints which I traded in under the auspicious trade ratio of 2:1 and guess what I got?- another duplicate!! What sort of trade will leave you with half of what you already had? and why am I continuing to play..lol
If the players in this game tried their hand in real life, for eg lottery (diamond players in particular) they will probably make a nice profit. May be this game is just an elaborate experiment to test how far people will go- clicking every 15 minutes, polishing and motivating endlessly in the hope that a bp will appear, being on time to collect the supplies before they get spoilt, waiting constantly for that forgepoint to appear etc.
FOE organisers, you can stop this experiment now- you must have collected enough data on human psychology by now.

DeletedUser

They didnt have to add the ability for us to trade bp's in the hopes of getting a new one. Ive built several GB's with out spending a cent across a couple servers, and have spent diamonds on a few more to complete a few GB's. Imo they have the balance just about right in this regard vs diamond or free.

Belcher

Corporal
Great Buildings aren't supposed to be easy to get. Neither are blueprints, or there would be fewer duplicates. I once received 3 blueprints as a reward for donating to a great building, and all 3 were duplicates. Sure, a bit frustrating...but just part of the challenge. So gambled a couple trades and I may have converted them all into one needed blueprint, but I don't recall for sure now.

Heck, you could even grumble about the fact that you still receive blueprints for great buildings you've already constructed. But again, I think that's all part of the challenge.

There is no "Easy Button" for the game or for collecting blueprints. Personally, I'm glad!

DeletedUser3157

Not one diamond paid BP among those:
inventory_GBs.jpg
You get some BPs sooner or later, will just take some time.

DeletedUser

What do you think about a possibility to trade away Blue Prints you don't need, 2:1 ratio?
Three options:
1) if you have any leftovers from a GB you've already built, you can trade them away for a random BP (still, you could end up receiving a BP for the every same building)
2) you can trade ANY duplicates you possess (don't need to be the same, or from the same building) for a random BP
3) you generally can trade away ANY Blue Prints you have for a random one

Would it make getting the BPs too easy in your opinion?

DeletedUser

Think the ratio would need to be higher say 3:1 (possible higher), but over all like the idea you have LordElf. They have said they have plans to allow us to do something with extra bp's of GB's we have already placed. Just need to wait and see what they come up with.

DeletedUser

1. 3:1 ratio and to pack it as a gift to other player (maybe to allow picking from different buildings?) - when received it could be random for that building or random for any building (in case multiple buildings are to collect into the gift, and less chances for exploiting)
- drop could be on houses or workshops instead of motivation - that building would give just BP to the owner, no products/coins at the same time.

2. Possibility to seed it back to any player (guildie/friend/neighbor) in exchange for coins/other rewards (like eggs mechanics)

3. One that come to my mind - Stone age doesn't have it's GB - Stonehenge could be one extra (or some special building like Tree of love - you know the drill) - awarded after exchange of certain number of odd blueprints from finished buildings - that would motivate to contribute FPs no matter do we have or not GB we contribute to (classic BP hunt)

And finally, hope that whatever they come with, it is implemented right and without bugs (for a change) :)

DeletedUser

i had 5 of one BP
traded 4 of them and got back 2 more duplicates.

terribly demoralising. putting it politely.

DeletedUser

Well, yes, I understand what you say and it happens to me most of the time as well.

However... before we had this option, there was nothing we could do at all with the duplicate blueprints that we had. So in my humble personal opinion, what we have been given, is at least a chance of a blueprint that we didn't have before. I know I like to take that chance!

DeletedUser10537

Yep, It is a gamble, for my part, I leave my duplicates alone, no need to bother... keep polishing and motivating, your luck is always around the corner