• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The best unit

DeletedUser110531

What is your favourite unit or era of unit in Forge of Empires?
It could be because of the units abilities or maybe how it looks.
Please post your opinion and reasons.

My favourite unit is the Strike Team from the Contemporary era. I love this unit because not only does it have rapid deployment but it has the ability to hide in forests. This easily helps you to spawn close to the enemy and hide from them and still deals damage to what ever unit you want. I like to use a few to get up close to the enemies artillery so that my other units can advance easily.

Not only do the Strike teams function well but the design is perfect, they match the era they come from amazingly. Watching them in battle is almost as fun as actually winning the battle.

DeletedUser6065

Depends on what you're facin'.
In the old days, Iron Age Archers could get you comfortably into Mid-Early Ages or farther.
If you're entering a newly created world - what can I say? Gotta love those slingers.
. . . . . mk

DeletedUser107476

Anti-Aircraft are probably the best unit in the game for their era. Able to be used well beyond their own era even into future. With good attack, defence, range and movement they are further boosted by Contact!.

DeletedUser110531

Anti-Aircraft are probably the best unit in the game for their era. Able to be used well beyond their own era even into future. With good attack, defence, range and movement they are further boosted by Contact!.

Contact is a great ability, it is the reason I love the MG Team from the PME.

DeletedUser653

RG used to be the best unit till it got nerfed, suspect its a tight call now between IA Archers and CE AAV's

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Still just sitting around in EMA's, but so far mine is a toss-up between Rogues (for attacking) and a Drummer (for defending)

Rogues of course early game probably need no explaining... they mostly pilot themselves to victory, and they make any quest like "win Xbattle in a row" or "defeat X enemy units" easy to clear. :)

Drummer I love for my defending army, because of the 'free' hit they basically allow your units to take, thus helping to compensate slightly for the game's putrid defending army AI.
I've had a couple of my fellow top 10 'hoodies come close to breaking my defenses, and they honestly would have, if not for the extra health boost of the Drummer!

dimondus

Captain
Drummer I love for my defending army, because of the 'free' hit they basically allow your units to take, thus helping to compensate slightly for the game's putrid defending army AI.
Kind of double edge sword: 1 drummer is minus one unit that could do damage and kill an enemy unit. I would always accept an enemy unit loss over my defense break. Though in early eras (prior to Colonial age) a drummer could decide an outcome of the battle, later though its pointless.
I've had a couple of my fellow top 10 'hoodies come close to breaking my defenses, and they honestly would have, if not for the extra health boost of the Drummer!
What place are you in your hood?