• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Tech Tree Analysis

Surge

Brigadier-General
Well its your country then. The OP can post the pictures in another site. Or I can do it.

Surge

Brigadier-General
Here, try these pics.

kIZEP.png

AThVz.png

kuAzF.png

I am in no way plagiarizing or stealing property or content. This is only a re-upload to a different site.

Surge

Brigadier-General
You used imageshack, which is an American site. I used imgur. I don't know what country site it is in, but it seems to work pretty much everywhere.

DeletedUser

Also, I have to mention that 2697 Hours for all Forge Points on every technology is, in my opinion, invalid. People can get stumped trying to obtain the resources for the next research. Round it in a realistic way, perhaps 2,700 - 3,000 Hours for all tech researched?

And the forge point bought ? I'm around 3500 gold the point now. So i have bought more than 60 point and i'm still in iron age. I may be blocked at one point, not before long it seems, but i think you forget the point bought in your estimation.

DeletedUser

Thanks for calculations.
One thing though - i dissagree with your evaluation of siege weapons. For me its a must have unit. But i never used horses and warrior units as i find them useless

DeletedUser

Instead of gold needed it should be coins. Gold is an item we research and trade,

DeletedUser

I don't think your Bronze age analysis is quite on target. I think researching phalanx and siege weapons is important to do sooner than later. Reason being, those two techs will fast-track you into the iron age and help you get a higher coin-producing building much sooner. That's my opinion though. I'm skeptical that there's a singular "ideal" way to tech up.

DeletedUser

siege weapons. For me its a must have unit. But i never used horses and warrior units as i find them useless
Reference siege weapons and horses, I entirely agree with lokiju about them.

Surge

Brigadier-General
Bloody hell, those are the same as spear fighters. 8 Slingers are good, then 8 Archers is enough to get you through Iron and Early Middle Age campaign. To a certain extent, High Middle Age as well if you are lucky and/or lucky. Other than that, Ballistaes are fragile like mice, and so are Horsemen (though horsemen get much tougher later on). 8 Short Range archer units are all you need for the entire game. THATS IT. And when you get Longbows, you have the most powerful unit, with 7 range and ridiculous damage.

DeletedUser

I find that the training speed of archers seriously prod buttock too. I love them, but taking 1 day to refill my stock of archers is intolerable. I'm building a stone thrower camp and going to try a 4 archers 4 stone throwers lineup soon.

DeletedUser1081

i'm getting lots of mileage out of Ooidal's brilliantly useful breakdown of the goods needed per age - but is there a list handy of which research areas require which goods? we can't see the requirements of the research fields we've already unlocked, and i'm curious for a few reasons. so if anyone has something like and would be willing to post it, it would be great to see it - thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1081

thank you too, Vanguard. i wonder if anyone's keeping track of the goods needed for negotiating each province, so that we could put together a full list of all the goods needed for everything all together (apart from trading, obviously!).