• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Support Pool question

In one of the guides I read the following

"Support pool

Every guild has a "support pool", which gives bonuses in GvG warfare. A guild's support pool is calculated from the guild's level and certain buildings that its members have."

Does anyone know what the certain buildings are?

DeletedUser7719

There are only three so far and they are all great buildings: Saint Basils and Deal Castle (3 per level until level 10 where it's 1 every other level) and Observatory (10 per level, then 3 per level after level 10)

DeletedUser11899

Observatory, Deal Castle and St. Basil

Damn! 3 secs later! LoL

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your help yesterday. I have a couple of additional questions.

1. Is a guilds support pool displayed anywhere? I know I can use the guild profile to see what support pool bonus they get for being at a certain level but this is only part of the story. To get the full picture I would need to look at every player in that guild and check if they had any of the three GBs (Obs, Basil or Deal) and, if so, check the level of each. For guilds with 50 -60 players this isn't really practical.

2. The text I quoted yesterday continues
"Support pool

Every guild has a "support pool", which gives bonuses in GvG warfare. A guild's support pool is calculated from the guild's level and certain buildings that its members have. It gives a percentage bonus to the attack and defense of all units of that guild in this sector.

Your total pool applies to each individual province. Then for each province, they are divided by the Support Factor before they are distributed
.".
Can you explain what the support factor is and if it is displayed anywhere.

Thanks.

GX

DeletedUser7719

1) The total support is not displayed anywhere, you will have to calculate it yourself if you really want to know. There are two ways to do so as far as I know. One way is to go to every city and add all of the support pool bonus in each city, then add that total to the extra you get from your guild level to obtain the total support pool. The other I'll explain after answering your second question

2) Support Factor lowers the total support bonus you have in a province. It is labeled when hovering over a province in the Guild Continent Map. For example, let's pretend we have 1750 total support pool (which equates to level 0 guild with 35 members with level 5 Observatories) and in the Tomorrow Era, hovering over it states that the Support Factor is 14, so the support factor would reduce the total support pool to 1750/14= 125 for that specific province, meaning that it will only be able to fill the HQ sector (which takes a maximum of 75), leaving 50 more for one more sector (which takes a maximum of 50 anyways). If you had two sectors directly next to the HQ, the remaining 50 would be split into 25 for each one.

So this other way to calculate the support pool is doing the reverse of what I just explained. For example, Let's pretend you had 9 sectors in the PostModern Era (which has a support factor of 10) which consist of an HQ sector, 6 sectors surrounding the HQ, then 2 more that border your first ring of sectors. Now those 2 sectors on the second ring only have a 6% boost each. Support pool is distributed to the HQ sector first, then the any sector one space away (directly next to) the HQ sector, then two spaces away, then three, etc. This means all 6 sectors around the HQ must have a 50% boost and the HQ itself will have its 75% boost. Now that means a total boost of (6*2 + 50*6 + 75 =) 387, now multiplied by the support factor gives us a total of 3870 for your total support pool bonus.

Finding out your total support pool isn't too important imo, just knowing how the support pool is distributed among your sectors should be the thing you would need to remember ;)

That is a fantastic answer byeordie - many thanks.

I need to go away and digest this info.

It would be great if a guild's support pool could be displayed in the guild ranking tables. It seems more important than the prestige or number of members.

@byeordie
I have had the chance to ponder your answer and I'm not sure that it is helping me that much after all. The only numbers I can see displayed for each sector are percentages - not absolute values. So 55% on its own doesn't help unless I know if it is 55% of 250 or 55% of 10,000.

In the example you gave re: Post Modern Era if the guild in question had a support pool of 10,000 the percentages would all have been the same as they are the maximum values allowed for that era.

Surely knowing the support pool is a vital piece of "intelligence" a player would need to gather when deciding which sectors to attack? For example, it would be twice as easy to defeat a HQ on 75% if the support pool for the owning guild (Guild A) was 200 than to defeat an outlying sector on 6% if the support pool of that owning guild (Guild B) was 5,000.

I'm probably being a bit stupid but please persevere with me :) I will get there eventually.

DeletedUser7719

@byeordie
I have had the chance to ponder your answer and I'm not sure that it is helping me that much after all. The only numbers I can see displayed for each sector are percentages - not absolute values. So 55% on its own doesn't help unless I know if it is 55% of 250 or 55% of 10,000.

In the example you gave re: Post Modern Era if the guild in question had a support pool of 10,000 the percentages would all have been the same as they are the maximum values allowed for that era.

Surely knowing the support pool is a vital piece of "intelligence" a player would need to gather when deciding which sectors to attack? For example, it would be twice as easy to defeat a HQ on 75% if the support pool for the owning guild (Guild A) was 200 than to defeat an outlying sector on 6% if the support pool of that owning guild (Guild B) was 5,000.

I'm probably being a bit stupid but please persevere with me :) I will get there eventually.
The percentage should be seen as two things. The main one is the boost the defending armies will get. 75% means that the defending armies will have an additional 75% boost in their attack and defense (so a unit that has 100 attack will now have 175)
The other thing it should be seen as is how much of the support pool that is being used for that province. That value times the support factor is how much support pool was used to cover that boost. So if we continue to use the PostModern Era (with a support factor of 10) as our example, a 75% boost costs 750 support pool for that specific province. A guild with 200 support pool would only have a 20% boost on their HQ with all the other sectors having none at all. Only after the HQ receives its maximum boost (75% or 750 support pool), then the remaining support pool will go towards the first ring of sectors surrounding your HQ (which hold a maximum of a 50% boost or 500 support pool for each sector). If there is any excess support pool after that, it goes towards the second ring of sectors and so on.

I hope that helps a bit more. Note that I have only used the PostModern Era for my examples so far: the support factor is less on the lower provinces and the maximum boost that the HQ and other sectors can receive are less as well when we get to the Colonial Age and below.

DeletedUser108047

I too am struggling a little with this. I think it would be useful to have a dashboard item for support pool bonus (particularly if it showed the different contributing elements and a total). As a guild it would be useful to be able to make an informed decision either to take another sector to improve power & level up or work on levelling up or obtaining GBs.

It would also be useful to be able to see the different contributing elements to power level so that the guild can make more considered choices as to where to invest resources, improve buildings etc