• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Support Pool Bonus

DeletedUser

Could someone explain to me how the support pool system works... because the numbers make no sense to me at all... my guild appears to be massively short changed and the system appears to work different over different maps... If my guild has for example a 230 support bonus from it's guild level (excluding all the points from the def GB's)... I would expect when I add up the support pool numbers from all the hexes we own in an era to come to that number... but it's not even close (even before taking into account additional GB def bonuses).. and we get different amounts for different era's ???

DeletedUser4089

If i remember correctly, it goes something like this.

3 points for every level of Def.GB in the guild + points from Guild Level

Then each age province has a support factor. (You can find it by hovering over the age province on the map overview)

You take the total of points you have, divide it by the support factor, and that gives the new support pool

So for an age province with a Support Factor of 6, with 10 level 10 defense GBs (100 levels) and 230 from your Guild level
300+230 = 520
520/6 = 87

HQ gets 75% defence (leaving 12
Sectors directly connected to the HQ get the last 12 shared between them (1 at 12% / 2 at 6% / 3 at 4% / 4 at 3%)

Hopefully that makes some sense

DeletedUser

If i remember correctly, it goes something like this. etc

Wonderful clear explanation... thank you... I'll check whether the numbers add up when I have a spare hour...

But that does beg the question that this method appears to give a massive advantage to stronger guilds with many defensive Gb's in the lower levels... wouldn't it have made more sense to have had the lower levels with the bigger support factor ??

DeletedUser96867

But that does beg the question that this method appears to give a massive advantage to stronger guilds with many defensive Gb's in the lower levels... wouldn't it have made more sense to have had the lower levels with the bigger support factor ??

Yes, it certainly seems this wasn't completely thought through. Most of the top guilds in the lower ages are also the most advanced guilds. Seems to me the solution would be to have a larger amount in the defense pool(say 10% per GB level instead of 3%) but instead of it contributing that amount to each age in gvg, it would be divided among all the ages that guild is taking part in. This would hopefully discourage the top guilds from taking part in the lower ages so that their defense pool wouldn't be used up, but rather saved for the higher ages.

Having said that for most guilds their defense pool is so lower it wouldn't matter anyhow. If they went from having 1 HQ sector with 75% in a higher age(no other sectors with a boost) to playing in lower ages and having that dropped to only a 25% boost in the one sector what different would it make. Except for a few guilds in the higher ages most don't have much boost that extends beyond their HQ.

Unfortunately the defense pools wasn't properly tested as the GB 'rebalancing' changes were not beta tests earlier, and it was a week after gvg started here on the EN server that they discovered that the defense pools had been 'miscalculated' for the first 4+ months of testing, the result of the recalculation was most defense pools were cut 80 to 90%. So basically these current defense pool amounts are just being tested now for the first time to see if they work.

DeletedUser7719

I think it's scary how much of a bonus support gives as you advance through the guild levels (level 43 gives more support bonus than ALL 80 guild members with MAX defensive GBs, but of course none of us will reach that within a few years ;). Also, the bonus prestige is pretty pathetic as well :p)

DeletedUser96867

@byeordie

No kidding. Before gvg my guild was ranked 33rd, we've been around for about 8 months. Right now our combined GB defense boost is 186%, and in about 1 more week our gvg reward defense will be 150%. So months of work by many players to build up their defense GB's will be surpassed in just a few weeks of gvg.

This is what many of use have been talking about the biggest guilds who got a early start in gvg will soon have an even greater advantage and be further entrenched on the map. New guilds will have little or no hope of success in gvg.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96867

The following information is apparently obtained from the beta server, so may, or may not be correct when an update is released here - Remember beta is a test server, so things are very likely to be modified. Also it is against forum rules to discuss other server (language servers or beta) here on this foum.
Jampots
Forum Moderator

DeletedUser1081

So when are they going to drastically reduce siege costs so that those of us who have exhausted ourselves with the exorbitant current costs can really feel like saps? :cool:

DeletedUser276

The following information is apparently obtained from the beta server, so may, or may not be correct when an update is released here - Remember beta is a test server, so things are very likely to be modified. Also it is against forum rules to discuss other server (language servers or beta) here on this foum.
Jampots
Forum Moderator

Where is that stated on the En. server? I have looked and have not found anything written here.

DeletedUser96867

Yes, we certainly wouldn't want to provide any relevant information about the matter. Thanks for the help.

DeletedUser

Jampots
Forum Moderator

Interesting. I thought Remorce previously stated that the beta server was a place to test coding interaction, and not a place to test if numbers were balanced. In which case fischh's post was 100% relevant.

edit: I found the post:

The questions he asks are about NEW features and NEW coding. The feedback from that goes to the devs. If the developers require the feedback they will get it from him. As this is not new coding there is no need to test it on beta before it goes live as mathematically its sound from the developers viewpoints. He doesnt ask about pre existing content (this came directly from Soverign as I asked him to review your question you posted here)

DeletedUser97832

If i remember correctly, it goes something like this.

...and that gives the new support pool

So for an age province with a Support Factor of 6, with 10 level 10 defense GBs (100 levels) and 230 from your Guild level
300+230 = 520
520/6 = 87

HQ gets 75% defence

Still is unsolved mystery about defence support at GvG

Current level of our guild 7 (Support pool bonus 190)

at HMA
HQ support 45
sectors next to HQ 20 (5 of them)

at LMA
HQ support 55
sector next to HQ 30 (just one)

at Colonial
HQ 65
sectors next to HQ 17 (3 of them)

at Industrial
HQ support 75
sector next to HQ 13 (just one)

I can't figure how that was calculated?

With quoted formula:
It should be higher defence support at province with lower factor??? But it isn't. It's vice versa.

If someone has exact formula for 'support pool calculation' I would appreciate :)

DeletedUser7719

Well, our last update had a little change to maximum defense on each age (http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...Update-to-1-22&p=132626&viewfull=1#post132626). I'm going to assume that you have a total support of 352 (Industrial Support factor is 4, so (75+13)*4 = 352). Using this number,
Colonial (with a Support Factor of 3) - 352/3 = 117.3 - 65 (for HQ max) = 52.3 / 3 (other sectors) = 17.4
LMA (with a SF of 2.5) - 352/2.5 = 140.8 - 55 = 85.8 (can almost fill 3 other sectors)
HMA (SF=2) - 352/2 = 176 - 45 = 131 (can fill 6 other sectors)

DeletedUser

I don't think that the remaining support pool is contributed to the adjucent sectors after the reduction of the HQs max support.
I don't know if it's a bug or not.
But my guild has a total of 101 support pool from level+GBs and in IA map we have a 25 boost in our HQ and 0 in the adjucent sectors (at least that is what the tooltip says)

DeletedUser7719

The Iron Age province can only hold a max of 25 on its HQ and 0 on the other sectors. (look at the link that me and Test Ament has provided above)

Iznot

Private
Same?

I don't think that the remaining support pool is contributed to the adjucent sectors after the reduction of the HQs max support.
I don't know if it's a bug or not.
But my guild has a total of 101 support pool from level+GBs and in IA map we have a 25 boost in our HQ and 0 in the adjucent sectors (at least that is what the tooltip says)

I have some support % in my Progressive HQ and 0% in my only other sector. When I first took my second sector I did have some support, now its' gone?
What's up with that?

DeletedUser7719

Can't be too sure without knowing which world and guild we are talking about (or an image of your sectors)

DeletedUser12400

Level 44

I think it's scary how much of a bonus support gives as you advance through the guild levels (level 43 gives more support bonus than ALL 80 guild members with MAX defensive GBs, but of course none of us will reach that within a few years ;). Also, the bonus prestige is pretty pathetic as well :p)
〜( ̄▽ ̄〜) ☜(⌒▽⌒)☞ (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜
lvl44.jpg