• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Suicide Attacks Quest does not see increase in happiness caused by deletion of houses

DeletedUser1081

and then explain in the hint
"
"build more decorations/cultural buildings or roads to gain extra happiness, if you delete current 'happiness' buildings to make room for them the total happiness to be gained does not increase by the amount of the deleted happiness structures"
"

Even though I know how this works, I wouldn't understand that bit at all. How about:

"Construct new happiness-providing structures worth 2000 happiness"

and then in the hint:

"The construction of the new structures must be completed to fulfill the quest. If necessary you can sell current happiness-providing structures to make room for the new ones."

DeletedUser

Must admit I dont see the problem. - "Gain x happiness" is nice and simple. - Discovering tricks to solve the quest easier is part of the game play and if you dont want to experient you can go to the forum and get help or advice.

Quests arent a tutorial and shouldnt have step by step guides to the easiest way to solve them. Its quests and they contain problems that should be solved. Whether you do exactly what the quest says or if you want to experiment with finding an easier way to get the quest solved is up to you.

To my mind at least, thats not a bug but a feature. Gain x happiness is not misleading and I dont see why deleting housing should work. You dont gain happiness by that, you simply reduce the demand for it thus increasing the excess happiness in the town, but the happiness provided stays the same. - You could argue, or course, that deleting and rebuilding happiness buildings shouldnt work, but firstly you can actually argue that even though you delete happiness, you do actually gain happiness, secondly there could be some trouble in programming that although that could proably be solved by registering what level of total happiness the city has when the quest starts, thirdly it could make such quests nigh impossible or at least much too difficult. Not often, but for some situations i.e. a player has built a full city with ample happiness already. Especially with heavy diamond users that might have bought out the available squares for a city and setup their ideal city while being slow with the quests, this could be a problem.

Thats just my take of course, but I dont see the problem with the current wording.

DeletedUser7719

The loss in demand for happiness was removed in the confirmation window for residentials this update anyways, so I don't think there should be any confusion now

DeletedUser97349

Whilst an interesting discussion, I believe this has concluded so I will now move this to not a bug.