• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Suggest a building! (entry thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser10135

I'd suggest the Sacré coeur church in Paris, built in 1914

It could provide happiness or instance

shendarb

Private
i suggest 3 buildings two american 1 from belgium the americans the allegheny co. courthouse blt. 1883-1888 the baltimore-ohio rr depots 1886 the belgan (not spelled correctly) the hotel van eetvelde blt 1895-1898. good luck to everyone. this game is great.

DeletedUser

I have gone through the first 20 pages of replies so I give up and suggest although not quite a building, Mount Rushmore. It was started in 1927 and I am sure gave much happiness upon completion.

DeletedUser

Ok so not a building but it is the progressive era so how about the largest social/political change of that time with a monument to womens suffrage in which the first right to vote for all was 1893

DeletedUser

the Stoclet Palace
my other suggestion would be the entrance buildings to Park Guell just because they look awsome

DeletedUser

Great Mosque of Djenné

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Mosque_of_Djenné

Great_Mosque_of_Djenn%C3%A9_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'll suggest Yosemite National Park which was established October 1 1890. Probably have to be a happiness bonus, maybe also increases the length of time polishes last for.

DeletedUser

at first my thoughts were of the 'Grand hotel Birmingham' however building was complete in 1879, my choice then is the 'Grosvenor museum', though a mention should be made of the 'forth bridge' an ambitious and extraordinary build of the time

DeletedUser14944

I suggest

Carnegie Library

Built between 1883-1929 by Andrew Carnegie (philanthropist)
2509 libraries built, the first one being in Scotland

DeletedUser

suggest a building

I suggest the Basilica of the Sacred Heart (Basilique du Sacré-Coeur de Montmartre) in Paris

DeletedUser

I suggest the Chrysler Building.
Chrysler Building in New York
Architect: William Van Alen.
Date: 1928 to 1930

"Art Deco in France found its American equivalent in the design of the New York skyscrapers of the 1920s. The Chrysler Building...was one of the most accomplished essays in the style."

Its 77 floors briefly making it the highest building in the world—at least until the Empire State Building was completed—it became the star of the New York skyline, thanks above all to its crowning peak.

Good luck to the development team putting together the next era!

DeletedUser16212

I have had a good look into this and i suggest. "The National Maritime Museum". This is a navy museum in London need i say more, seeing as this new age has ships to sail.

DeletedUser

Beit-al-Ajaib or as we would call it House of Wonders. Built in 1883 it was first building in Africa that had electricity and elevator. The Sultan kept wild animals chained up for display in front of the building and had the main door made wide enough so that he could ride an elephant through. I know its not popular building but all good ones are already taken so i give it a shot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.