• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Suggest a building! (entry thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3962

Well, ok, my first suggestion was mentioned already ages ago, I just couldn't see it. So here's my next: the New York Stock Exchange at 18 Broad Street.

DeletedUser12381

Christ_the_Redeemer-lge2.jpg
Christ the Redeemer (Portuguese: Cristo Redentor, standard) is a statue of Jesus Christ in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; considered the largest Art Deco statue in the world and the 5th largest statue of Jesus in the world.

DeletedUser

Also the Flatiron building in New York was a distinctive triangular design, and both the Chrysler building, used extensively by Batman!, and the Woolworth building were splendid examples of the skyscraper builders.

DeletedUser12025

TsUM – Central Universal Department Store (Russian: ЦУМ – Центральный Универсальный Магазин, TsUM – Tsentralʹnyĭ Universalʹnyĭ Magazin, MCX: TZUM) is one of the most renowned department stores in Moscow. It is in a six-story historical building at Petrovka street. TsUM is a part of the Mercury group.

In 1857 merchants Andrew Muir (1817-1899) and Archibald Mirrielees (1797-1877), who had arrived in St. Petersburg separately, founded “Muir and Mirrielees” Trade Company.[1] Archibald Mirrielees was resident in St. Petersburg from 1822; in 1843 he established his own company, one of the most significant Anglo-Russian merchant houses

In the 1880s the company transferred from St. Petersburg to Moscow and acquired a building for their haberdashery shop in Theatre Square. The new building was erected in 1908 in the style of European Gothic with some modern touches. The project was implemented by the famous Russian architect Roman Klein. “Muir and Mirrielees” was the first and the largest department store in those days of the Russian Empire (one could buy clothes, shoes, jewelry, perfumery and toys there). The store attracted the highest public interest: “In the eyes of the Muscovites “Muir and Mirrielees” is a kind of exhibition of everything that was on sale in the capital, be it for the rich and the high society, or for the middle-class customers” wrote one of the contemporaries. The store delivered throughout the Russian empire.

PRODUCTION AND HAPPINESS BONUS

Added Link to Picture (can't work out how to attach the actual picture):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tsum_Building_by_Roman_Klein.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2973

Dmitrievskii Cathedral = russia built 1911

United States Pavilion, Paris, France, 1900

Library of Congress

a good bonus would be a 20% attack bonus while defending as this would be a good new feature

DeletedUser4472

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel, Alberta, Canada......construction began spring of 1887 and completed June 1,1888

DeletedUser

I guess my other one was taken (wasn't showing up at time), but the Statue of Liberty then

DeletedUser

In trying to keep things International, I propose the Beurs Van Berlage in Amsterdam.

The Beurs van Berlage is a building on the Damrak, in the center of Amsterdam. It was designed as a commodity exchange by architect Hendrik Petrus Berlage and constructed between 1896 and 1903. It influenced many modernist architects, in particular functionalists and the Amsterdam School. It is now used as a venue for concerts, exhibitions and conferences.

The building is constructed of red brick, with an iron and glass roof and stone piers, lintels and corbels. Its entrance is under a 40m high clock tower, while inside lie three large multi-story halls formerly used as trading floors, with offices and communal facilities grouped around them.

The aim of the architect was to modify the styles of the past by emphasizing sweeping planes and open plan interiors. It has stylistic similarities with some earlier buildings, for instance St Pancras station and the work of H. H. Richardson in America. True to its nineteenth-century roots, it maintains the use of ornament in a civic structure.

(Quoted from the its wiki page)

I would suggest a 3 by 4 structure providing Happiness and Coin Percentage increase.

DeletedUser

1. The Sydney Harbour Bridge - bridge was designed and built by British firm Dorman Long and Co Ltd of Middlesbrough and opened in 1932
2. The Clifford Milburn Holland Tunnel - tunnel under the Hudson River connecting the island of Manhattan with Jersey City. Completed in 1927

DeletedUser

To me, this is a real no brainer. The Museum of Science and Industry right here in Chicago, IL. The building itself was designed in 1893 and pretty much defined the architectural style of neoclassical that dominated the time period. The building showcases the technological achievements from the late nineteenth century to the present day. So, forge points would seem a likely production. And the museum is very entertaining. It could bring much happiness.

DeletedUser6603

I suggest Signal Hill, with the building of Cabot Tower St. John's Newfoundland and Labrador.

Clearly the importance of St. John's to Europe and the New World for the Cod Fishery Alone
would promote the St. John's Harbor (signal hill over looks the harbor) as a place of great significance. The natural strategic
defense of the area provide an excellent location for a battery of guns to protect Merchant
Ships and all other sea fairing vessels

Marconi also sent the first successful wireless message from Cabot Tower (built on Signal Hill)
this location.

This Great Building could function for various bonuses because of it's distinguished history
I would suggest however that it be used for Goods and Defense bonus.

I attempted to upload pics, however they were not compatible with the software.

Thanks for considering this entry

DeletedUser3727

The Eiffel Tower and Statue of Liberty both seem popular, but my vote would go to The Lincoln Memorial.

Lincoln was responsible for the emancipation of the slaves in America, which was a real sign of progress in the world, and the building itself is iconic. Also I think it would look great as a GB!

DeletedUser

1. The First Goetheanum, designed by Rudolf Steiner - completed, in 1919, destroyed December 31, 1922
2. Second Goetheanum, completed 1928
3. AEG turbine factory in Berlin, Built 1909

Status
Not open for further replies.