• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Strange Login/City access problem using different browsers

DeletedUser10535

Description:
Entering a correct account, I'm being offered by a popup the choice of worlds. I have to click to access,
When I click, I return to the login page without being logged in.
(If the account or pass is incorrect I receive the correct error message "wrong pass/user")

I checked: I was on the right server on the login: Italian it3..... Cirgard > AlainCh2

So, I supposed it has to be something with incorrect redirect or in the Browser or in the network.....

Fact: it started Monday, the day ....
...I had a ISP DNS problem.
When I was able to diagnose and understand where the DNS bug was, I did force four other DNS servers into the router.... (All public DNS servers like 8,8,4,4 4,2,2,4 etc) so the DNS problem disappeared,everything else was working nicely again but unless it was to log and enter my city, .

Yes, from then I was not able to enter my city from any browser: Avant, Maxthon, IE7, Chrome, FF, PaleMoon.

Tried anything I was able to think of it:
Clear >DNS cache, Browser cache, Flash cache, temp-files, cookies,etc..
Restart PC / Restart Router/change IP
Re-install afresh all: browsers, Java, Flash, with the last version.

Then I read a lot on this forum... nothing new I've not already done.

then suddenly (only in PaleMoon and with no reason at all) after a couple of hours banging my head on the wall, I was able to connect again.
With the other browsers I was still Unable to go after the Worlds popup.
I was pretty happy.. PaleMoon it's my main browser (it's a FF but lighter)

>>This morning when I was in game harvesting.. "connection error" and BANG.. it's again the problem presenting itself!

PC: Fufitsu Amilo Dual core + Invidia graphic card > W7 up to date as all my software
ADSL/Router CIsco x2000 > on TelecomItalia Network

Phoned ISP's Customer service: my line is OK ( I checked it myself... it's ok so far)

I'm quite sad ....

Cheers Alain Charles

----

OK I'm on a public Computer but on the same ISP.

I can enter on my city from this old PC (had to update all software) but I got crazy trying to log into the forum.

It did several time the same trick... loging-in and back to login page, but now thanks heaven I was able to access.
When I'm back on my pc I will post all the versions of the software as required ( I missed that point).

Not sure why but my feeling is strong on a redirect error :D

----

Still on the Biblio PC...

I was WRONG ! .... I could enter my city ONCE... Now I tried again....

When I choose the world I get the message screen "update your flash player"

That was just what I did, so I checked its the last version, update also the shockwave
... nothing... re-booted.. still the same problem ( but different and it doesnt matter )

But I cannot still Enter my City :D

----

Plugins on PaleMoon browser:
Shockwave for Director
Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6.6.636
Shockwave Flash
Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502 11.5.502.110
Java(TM) Platform SE 7 U9
Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
Java Deployment Toolkit 7.0.70.10
NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
Silverlight Plug-In

PaleMoon Version: 15.3.2 /firefox 17.0.1

System windows 7 sp1 fully up to date

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4089

I've merged your 4 posts together, please just edit rather than adding a new post.

A couple of things. When reporting a bug, it is mandatory to use the proper format. You can find it via the 'Bug Report Template' in my signature.
it seems you are playing on the Italian servers (it3) so there isn't much we can do here to help you. Only the Italian support staff will be able to look into your account,
You can find the italian frums here: http://forum.it.forgeofempires.com/forum.php

DeletedUser10535

well, thanks...
For the template.. I looked it, but I have not understood what you expect from us.... so I did my best.
Yes, I didn't thought about editing the original post.
and last, I cannot write in English in the Italian forum... so I can write it in Italian....
But there is a fundamental flaw ... I'm not able to log there as well §:D

Seems we are stuck here :(

DeletedUser4089

It may seem a silly question, but have you registered on the italian forum?

DeletedUser10535

not a so silly question but yes, Id posted there some time ago.
I'm registered as AlainCh...
and yes I was (at last) able to cut&paste this post there.. 2 hours ago no answer yet.

Strange as it can be I'm able to login in the forum now... but not into the city.....
No idea why !

Forgot to tell this is the url that keep appearing after choosing the world : http://it.forgeofempires.com/start?nosession

found some good hints here, about deleting Flash AND flash data... conflict with realP plugins and so on. Tried them all ... nothing avail:
http://kb.mozillazine.***/Flash
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-games-video-or.html

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4089

Thanks for letting us know. After a quick read of the linked article, it seems it was not a bug with FoE, but with router firmware.

I'll mark this as Not a Bug. Glad you got it solved, enjoy the game.