• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

sound effect of the new shop...

DeletedUser

this post is to say about my feelings for the sound effects of the confectionary... hmmmm... not exactly discussing about the winter quest, even though it's a prize from the most recent winter quest, so i tot i should juz start a new thread. :rolleyes:

yes, juz got my hands on the nice 4x2 shop that produces huge amounts of supplies for its 8-slot size. very nice indeed... but i'm kinda going crazy with that kid laughter sound effect whenever i start production in it... i mean, that evil laughter totally creeps me out... :rolleyes:

if it hasn't creep u out, maybe try playing during late night in the hall of mirrors... and perhaps u will get a mysterious phone call with the voice saying he know what u did last winter.... :rolleyes:

and i think to myself, the sound effect is suppose to signify the sounds of work process in the building... for example the achemist gives a bubbly potion sound and the farm give the rustling of its wheat field... now coming back to the confectionary, the sound of kid laughters doesn't really link to the production of breads & sweets, unless that is what make of the ingredients............. so it means the confectionary is a slaughterhouse in disguise? well... laughters and slaughter do spell the same anyways........ i guess the incorrect prediction of doomsday has brought out the dark side of mr snowman... :rolleyes:

and the best part is, we get the portrait of the evil snowman himself after completing the next winter quest that's coming up soon... the neverending portrait prizes, gotta catch them all... :rolleyes:

yup. i'm turning off the sound effects from now on... and i will sing to mr snowman, "always look on the bright side of life"... :cool:

DeletedUser

I too find the Confectionary sound effects disturbing lol. For me it is a different issue though. They make me feel like a ********* lol! Well, not really, but they do make me feel like that if I imagine someone was hearing that as they were going past my room...

DeletedUser6065

I too find the Confectionary sound effects disturbing lol. For me it is a different issue though. They make me feel like a ********* lol! Well, not really, but they do make me feel like that if I imagine someone was hearing that as they were going past my room...

We represent the Lollipop Guild,
The Lollipop Guild,
The Lollipop Guild,
We represent the Lollipop Guuuiiilllddd,
We wish to welcome you to Inno Land!

DeletedUser5399

And here I thought that annoying sound effect only irritated me. hehehe :D

DeletedUser

Yeah the noise kind of makes you want to turn around to make sure there isn't some demonic child standing there with a knife

DeletedUser

I just lol-ed so much on this , such a crazy post !

DeletedUser5026

Hey all,

Well, I must say that the children's laughter is a little eerie at time, but then again, what would an appropriate sound for a confectionary be? Haha... I think Innogames tried, and the best was probably that, coupled with the animation of kids outside buying the candies. Of course, I guess the sound could incorporate the licking of the candy cane or the crunch of roasted almonds. Any other suggestions?

Then again, I play FoE with both music and sound effects turned off, so it doesn't bother me that much. =P

Cheers,
L.R.

DeletedUser

How about the sound of a dentist's drill to fix all them cavities

DeletedUser6086

People are crazy, the sound of a little one laughing is very nice. Don't change it.

DeletedUser

relax man. this is a game discussion. juz an exchange of opinions. not trying to change anything here. :rolleyes:

everyone has different interests. there will always be unhappy pple. the more important thing is to be peacefully unhappy and have friendly discussions. ;)