• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Sort trades by ratio

DeletedUser3723

Proposal: Lord Vortican I once again has a simple but wonderful idea to assist in trading at the marketplace. In fact, he is surprised that none have suggested this! While His Most Excellent and Wise Lord can easily see his proposed offers and sort for what goods he wishes to purchase, His Excellency prefers to "do it his way" and only trades at certain ratios for his personal use. Lord Vortican therefore suggests that since the many offers in the marketplace can already be sorted by Guild Only, Neighborhood Only, and Availability, as well as by good, and because the listing of offers can become quite long in active areas (a good thing! Lord Vortican notes that this is a sign of a healthy economy, and does not agree with limiting the number of offers in any way), he suggests a filter by trade ratio as well.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Perchance it is similar, but Lord Vortican perused the forums and saw neither this specific suggestion nor anything like it.

Reason:
Lord Vortican chooses to trade only at certain ratios at times. Although the list of offers does sort by ratio in descending order, this still necessitates scrolling through a long list to find the particular ratio at which one wishes to trade. Guild Only and Neighborhood Only already perform a similar function. Lord Vortican merely wishes to see a filter for trade ratio as well.

Details:
Lord Vortican, in his great wisdom, suggests a button to activate the filter and an area in which to indicate the preferred trade ratio.

Visual Aids:
None needed as this is a fairly simple concept which even peasants may understand. Well, Benevolent Lord Vortican educates his peons, so his workers will certainly understand. Other noblemen may not be so generous.

Balance:
Lord Vortican does not see how this affects balance in any way. It is merely a tool to foster a more efficient delivery of information.

Abuse Prevention:
This can not be abused.

Summary:
Lord Vortican suggests a filter by trade ratio selector in order to better organize and display market offers. Once again, His Greatness offers a common sense and useful idea for consideration of the court. You may praise him once again.

DeletedUser2029

NO and not because I dislike the idea, but because because the proposed criterium (ratio) is not well defined, i.e. there is literally 150 possible combinations to sort your trades (0.50 - 2.00) and although it's clear which combinations most players would prefer, the filter for those combinations would get drowned in all the rest and only complicate the search.

DeletedUser1094

The offered trades, are already sorted by ratio. The highest ratios on top and the lowest in the bottom. It should be easy to find the ratios you seek, by scrolling the list.

DeletedUser3723

Ser Dael,

Indeed they are. However, because the trade ratio is in a middle column, and the list contains offers with many different ratios, even if they are sorted, one must first examine the trade itself, then whether it will cost one a forge point, then the ratio in order to get all the information. Lord Vortican often finds it difficult in his lands because there are certain nobles who list many trades, thus making the entire list quite long (up to 40+ pages). There are already options to shorten the list by guild and by neighborhood (excluding merchants). Gracious Lord Vortican finds these most useful and requests only that the same option be given for trade ratio.

DeletedUser65

Im not seeing a big need for this proposal and its certainly not an option i would use, Like king dael already stated the trades are presented best to worst already. Also as PorfirioDiaz mentioned the fact that there can be so many ratio's to choose from where would you draw the line?? would you like each one listed?? , a certain few??

DeletedUser3723

Ser Farmerlynch,

As far as the mechanics, it is really quite simple. Lord Vortican suggests a button to turn filter on, then simply list all of the current ratios. Since there are a finite number of trades, and most of them comprise only a few trade ratios, the list should be fairly short. The problem is that the list itself in Lord Vortican's land can reach over 40 pages, which is quite a bit to sort through when doing business (when one must consider what goods one wishes to trade as well as the ratio of such goods; not all goods are equal). Having the ability to limit the trade list to the most profitable ventures would save much of His Lordship's time (which is quite valuable as well) and enable him to increase his great wealth much more efficiently and without the needless deaths of his laboring servants.

The High and Mighty Lord Vortican understands that this is not a high priority for those operating the marketplace and would be a mere convenience. However, it is also exceedingly simple to implement.

DeletedUser

Even a text box would work, where one could type in a ratio (I've recently discovered that i dont have to click the "+" button hundred times, but i can actually type in 100 xD)
+1 from me
I think more work should be invested in filters in order to avoid spam traders (or "market making"). One could simply type in 0.5 or 1 for fair trades (eventhough you still might get abuse by traders selling 1 stone for 1 coffee) and a lot of useless offers would be filtered.