• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: Sort Military units by Attached and Unattached:

DeletedUser

I'm up to 14 pages of total units now with Alcatraz (I expect some have double that amount).

Trying to locate Attached Units in order to battle harder pvp defences without losing Unattached Units is beginning to take longer than the pvp itself.

DeletedUser

I'm only up to 21 pages of units (and, mostly, growing by half a page day) but it is very annoying not to be able to filter/sort by era (I'm not going to mention anything from the beta server here which might aid with that) and also very annoying not to be able to easily see at a glance what is attached or unattached (so far there's nothing on the beta server to help with that but lots of feedback was given about it).

There have been multiple suggestions on visual methods for identifying attached/unattached units already, including:

But being able to sort/filter by era and attached/unattached would also be good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
I've been meaning to post about this issue myself, but have not found the energy to do a proper visual aid yet. I was planning on simple indicators in the corner of the unit icons to mark which unit was from which building, inspired by unit insignia found on real military uniforms, just a shield with a number on it to indicate the building, or no number to indicate unattached units.

I don't have nearly as many pages of units as the above posters, but I still consider this the single worst design flaw in the game. The units on the army management screen are sorted based on the order they were built, which is completely useless, and for most players the order might as well be random. Even worse, all units are listed newest first and units of specific types are listed oldest first, adding ridiculous inconsistency to the whole mess. On top of everything else, oldest first is possibly the worst way the units could be organized, since it results in the least used and unattached units being first, and the most used units which die and are rebuilt frequently being last.

I would welcome any improvements to the current army mismanagement screen. Even if we can't get indicators for unattached units or which building the unit is from, the bare minimum should be that the units are sorted in a sensible way. On the all units tab, units should be sorted by age, latest age first, earliest age last, and within each age by unit type, and finally unattached units last within each type. On the tabs for specific unit types, units should likewise be sorted first by age, then unattached units last.

This is of course not the only instance where the developers have used an odd way of sorting things. On the blueprint inventory screen, the great buildings are sorted by age, but the ages are in alphabetical rather than sequential order. It would be ridiculous if it were not such an embarrassment.

DeletedUser

Even if it was simply that Attached Units would always default to the top of the list (page 1) that would help :) It seems like when you move units in or out there is no hard and fast rule as to where they end up on the list.

DeletedUser13805

the whole thing has now made a joke of anyone who decided to go a military route to the game, for over a year i had devoted most of my space in my town to having military barracks, spent money on buying more land for more troops and now everyone can have tons of troops for hardly any space they just used : ( they keep on changing this game around and taking any sort of stratergy out of the game a whole year wasted now is how i feel i might as well of just waited and saved a lot of money. i am going to seriously look for another online game to play that really does have game play a stratergy to choose from

DeletedUser

It definitely changes the game going forward, but you clearly gained more points, etc. from having a military during the year before all that, so it wasn't all for naught.

I feel your pain b/c I have all but given up on military b/c of how ridiculously long it takes to get through my boosted PE neighborhood now. That being said, I still have an alcatraz slowly building a huge army in case something changes though. I am not willing to grind 3-4 hours a day just for battling to get nothing from towers right now though.

DeletedUser13805

It definitely changes the game going forward, but you clearly gained more points, etc. from having a military during the year before all that, so it wasn't all for naught.

I feel your pain b/c I have all but given up on military b/c of how ridiculously long it takes to get through my boosted PE neighborhood now. That being said, I still have an alcatraz slowly building a huge army in case something changes though. I am not willing to grind 3-4 hours a day just for battling to get nothing from towers right now though.

sadly i am a die hard and i do spend hours grinding out the pvp points : ( as for making the units into attached / unatached i think they should leave it as it is, so at least it makes people have to spend time trying to find attached units. : ) make em work for there points is how i see it

DeletedUser15432

I also spend a lot of time doing PvP battles, I have only advanced as far as LMA army wise, bit all three cities have actually progressed into colonial age. I do not actually bother that much with which units are attached/unattached as I only tend to lose a few units per day, I have Alcatraz in one world and this has altered the playing style a little as I now tend to be a little more conservative with army with regards to possible casualties. One the two worlds that do not yet have Alcatraz, I have 9 and 10 barracks respectively and at the moment I am doing everything that I can yo get more medals for the expansions

DeletedUser653

Please - allow some form of sorting as the problem get bigger and bigger every day and I can spend 30 mins a day just trying to find real troops to attack with. I always use real ones first as I can rebuild thses and only when I run out do I use the unattached ones.
As an example I have about 80 ranged units of which 40 are snipers but only 4 are real ones and I need to find these without clicking though pages and having to highlight all 40 snipers. This is a real disincentive to PVP play and can be an easy fix.

DeletedUser

If I am not mistaken, this idea is already on it's way. Correct me if I'm wrong

DeletedUser

If I am not mistaken, this idea is already on it's way. Correct me if I'm wrong

Unfortunately, I've not seen anything on this forum (nor on the beta-server's forum) to say that it is.

DeletedUser7719

It's been said that the devs are thinking about it, but they never told us if they were actually going to do it...