• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

So in the official facebook group...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser115071

@r21r Well Inno removed the data for the GBs and the epoch time - an old exploit I read about and reported on support which could have been used to determine the time the GB produces and with that at what time you can plunder a player... So I dunno, they definitely have the opportunity to do so.
I only hope that the end users who enjoy the game won't have to bear consequences because of the cheaters

PS: Look what I found:
Discuss the idea, not each other. And do not propose to use 3rd party software please

Shad23

Emperor
@r21r Well Inno removed the data for the GBs and the epoch time - an old exploit I read about and reported on support which could have been used to determine the time the GB produces and with that at what time you can plunder a player... So I dunno, they definitely have the opportunity to do so.
I only hope that the end users who enjoy the game won't have to bear consequences because of the cheaters

PS: Look what I found:
some subjects are taboo

DeletedUser

create idea where you ask INNO to implement FoE helper directly in FoE lol
you mean they are waiting for me to think about it ? hahaha
i have a better one, ban whoever uses 3rd party soft and then put a price for unban hahah (an increasing one)

scibuff

Sergeant
you mean they are waiting for me to think about it ? hahaha
i have a better one, ban whoever uses 3rd party soft and then put a price for unban hahah (an increasing one)

Does that include the use of Google spreadsheets? Because then pretty much every top 10 guild on every server/world is a goner...

DeletedUser

Does that include the use of Google spreadsheets? Because then pretty much every top 10 guild on every server/world is a goner...
Why not if it makes more profit for the company ?
Ban'em all if they are about to pay !! haha

(spreadsheets are software ?)

DeletedUser115071

- You may not use programs that mimic premium features or provide an unfair advantage.

Please just stop with this excuse to use FoE helper... Spreasheets are made with VISIBLE DATA on every user.
It is a public accessable data, including in the Wikipedia of FoE. (and just in case it does not reach you - IT IS A STATIC DATA, they are CONSTANTS, they never change, your production, your negotiation on which slot, the person that is producing the 5 min or 24 in their production building is NOT a CONSTANT!)
FoE helper data tho, is not PUBLIC reachable data... It is more communicating between the server and the client, something that is NOT indented for you to see BEFORE certain actions are made.

I only wonder tho if that font is gonna make him understand the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

scibuff

Sergeant
- You may not use programs that mimic premium features or provide an unfair advantage.

Please just stop with this excuse to use FoE helper... Spreasheets are made with VISIBLE DATA on every user.
It is a public accessable data, including in the Wikipedia of FoE. (and just in case it does not reach you - IT IS A STATIC DATA, they are CONSTANTS, they never change, your production, your negotiation on which slot, the person that is producing the 5 min or 24 in their production building is NOT a CONSTANT!)
FoE helper data tho, is not PUBLIC reachable data... It is more communicating between the server and the client, something that is NOT indented for you to see BEFORE certain actions are made.

I only wonder tho if that font is gonna make him understand the issue.

Oh thank you, if you didn't use bold caps & +2 font size I would never know ... doesn't change the fact that you are wrong. FoE helper is using the same public data ... you can scream, cry and throw your toys around all you want; it makes no difference.

For example, the sniper calculator of the FoE helper uses the same data as your beloved spreadsheet ... and the spreadsheet formulas are hidden exactly the same way as FoE helper calculator's is. It is actually the exact same formula, just different programming language/different interpreter

The bottom line is

#1 that your spreadsheet is not accessible to everyone, the formulae you use are not visible to those who don't know how to work with spreadsheets. FoE helper at least evens the gap by providing the same exact set of tools for every (desktop) user. You can make a spreadsheet into which you copy/paste the raw data and it will spit out all the functionality of the FoE helper has (without ever knowing any implementation details and without the ability to understand the raw data Inno sends to the game app)

#2 be glad that the tool is free for everyone to use as there's nothing stopping the developers from switching the platform to decouple from the browser and sniff raw http packets (to make it 100% undetectable) and charge $ for the app, or make it by invitation only, etc.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

#1 that your spreadsheet is not accessible to everyone, the formulae you use are not visible to those who don't know how to work with spreadsheets. FoE helper at least evens the gap by providing the same exact set of tools for every (desktop) user. You can make a spreadsheet into which you copy/paste the raw data and it will spit out all the functionality of the FoE helper has (without ever knowing any implementation details and without the ability to understand the raw data Inno sends to the game app)

#2 be glad that the tool is free for everyone to use as there's nothing stopping the developers from switching the platform to decouple from the browser and sniff raw http packets (to make it 100% undetectable) and charge $ for the app, or make it by invitation only, etc.
#1 spreadsheet is not software
#2 free things are the portal to advertise something more expensive

not personal just saying

DeletedUser115071

Oh thank you

Well don't thank me, it seems you have to re-read it a few times to understand it, because you clearly don't understand what is a constant and what is a curve of change.

Spreadsheet is not software? I guess water also isn't wet, eh?
Spreadsheets are documents ultimately. (For example Excel is a piece of software to create the documents and pie charts and so on, the spreadsheets are the ones that create but are the goal)
To be exact FoE Helper is not software as well, but a plugin for a software.

I don't even know why I am trying to explain things I learned in 3rd grade to people....

Are we all happy now?

scibuff

Sergeant
Well don't thank me, it seems you have to re-read it a few times to understand it, because you clearly don't understand what is a constant and what is a curve of change.

This is complete nonsense. The data you input to the spreadsheet changes. It is the formulas you use in the spreadsheet which remain the same (unless you create a new spreadsheet every time - i'm sure you don't). The difference, if you must, is that the Helper reads the data automatically when Inno sends it to the game client whereas you enter the data manually to the spreadsheet. In any case, even the spreadsheet is a 3rd party tool you use to do something the game doesn't already provide = to gain advantage, which can easily by seen as unfair by people who don't use spreadsheets.

Are we all happy now?

Sure, as long as you;ve finally arrived at the only reasonable conclusion that using the FoE helper is not cheating ...

legend9182

Major-General
This is complete nonsense. The data you input to the spreadsheet changes. It is the formulas you use in the spreadsheet which remain the same (unless you create a new spreadsheet every time - i'm sure you don't). The difference, if you must, is that the Helper reads the data automatically when Inno sends it to the game client whereas you enter the data manually to the spreadsheet. In any case, even the spreadsheet is a 3rd party tool you use to do something the game doesn't already provide = to gain advantage, which can easily by seen as unfair by people who don't use spreadsheets.

Sure, as long as you;ve finally arrived at the only reasonable conclusion that using the FoE helper is not cheating ...
Well yes it does give unfair advantage
Well tell why autoclicker is banned?
Because it saves your time from clicking
The same way your foe helper saves time. As normal players will take some time to do calculation

legend9182

Major-General
And same goes for recording the data
+ about plundering. Even if it's available on site openly (idk what to say it) you are not meant to use it.
Relatable example for you :
Boy/girl cheated in exam. But upon getting caught, he/she said i cheated because boy/girl sitting infront of me had aligned his/her sheet in the way that I can see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.