• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

small interface changes

• Thread starter DeletedUser2029
  • Start date

DeletedUser2029

Proposal:
I propose the removal of the 2 tabs on the right side of the screen (happiness indicator and the occasional sleepy moon), because they're unnecessary

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea
there aren't any

Reason:
they just sit there, doing nothing, and we already have more informative alternatives for them.

Details:
1. happiness indicator - there's more informative aid in the top line of the interface, next to name of the town, rank and available population. the tab on the right should be removed
2. sleepy moon - this is not so unnecessary, but I think that it would be more convenient if only that square was moved on the left side of the screen, under the rocket square (basically, it should appear at the same time as "collect all" square)

Visual Aids:
I apologise for the lack of any, but at the moment I'm unable to produce them

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
not sure how it could be abused, but it would clear up the screen (not that it's cluttered, more annoying)

DeletedUser

I believe it has been mentioned before, but I do agree.
It's basically just cluttering up the screen as the information is available elsewhere on the village screen already.

So +1 :)

DeletedUser

+1 from me, playing on a tiny laptop those things are really hogging up space :D

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser

I agree with this idea as well! +1 :)

Regarding screenies, would these do?

This one shows the current visual:
Foe_Visual_NM.jpg

This one shows the modified one: (same image just with the two right panels removed):
FoE_Visual_ER_2.jpg

And here's a close-up of the new left panel, like PorfirioDiaz mentioned:
FoE_Visual_CU.jpg Please note that the "sleepy moon" will only show-up when you actually have idle production buildings!

Regards,
Bloodwyn

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2029

thanks Bloodwyn, I owe you big time...
just a small correction (as I mentioned), put the "sleepy moon" under the "rocket" on the right side (of course, only when you actually have idle production buildings)

DeletedUser1094

Well... with a city of +100 buildings it's easy to miss one of those small moons, lightning bolts or fish-bones. I kind of like the larger "heads-up" display to advise me. I would instead suggest the use of the top/bottom arrow as a open/close feature of the happiness and building-action tabs. In that way, the players themselves can decide whether to have them or not.

DeletedUser

@ PorfirioDiaz: I overlooked that... :o I'll edit it accordingly. :)

@ K.D.: If I edit the images to what PorfirioDiaz actually had in mind, then you'll still be advised. My fault...
Regarding the 'open/close feature', not a bad idea. ;)

Cheers,
Bloodwyn

EDIT 1: I've added the new screenies in my previous post. :)

EDIT 2: @ PorfirioDiaz: No problem. ;) If you need anything else, just ask. Oh, and I've added the 'additional note' regarding the "sleepy moon" only being shown when one has "idle production buildings."

Thanks for the rep! :D

One more thing... You want the panel on the right side? Should the collect all feature be placed along with the "rocket" and "sleepy moon" then?

DeletedUser7719

scrumaging through some more cobwebs; I thought I'd bring up some good ideas
+1 from me
What happens to these ideas anyways? It feels like only a few have made it to the real thing even if it is the the great ideas section

DeletedUser2029

scrumaging through some more cobwebs; I thought I'd bring up some good ideas
+1 from me
What happens to these ideas anyways? It feels like only a few have made it to the real thing even if it is the the great ideas section

this sort of got implemented, now we have only one tab on the right side (I think it was 0.21 update)

DeletedUser5026

this sort of got implemented, now we have only one tab on the right side (I think it was 0.21 update)

Well, it'll be nice to have ZERO tabs on the right side. Hopefully the developers will take another look. =)

DeletedUser7719

I also was wondering about the crate, I think it should be turned into a symbol to say that you have something to pick up (either that or it should still pop up if there's only one building that is uncollected)

DeletedUser1094

I'm still waiting for the "extended" city-map, which makes this idea un-needed. But until that day, if ever, I'll support any idea, that makes the city-view better.
+1

byeordie - I agree about the crate. But that doesn't belong in this thread.:rolleyes: (Personally, I see that as a bug-thingy)

byeordie said:
Actually, quite a lot of user-ideas has been implemented. An idea doesn't need to be placed anywhere specific (but the Idea-section) for the dev-staff to notice it. They send their spies down here to have a look...
The Great Ideas, is a way for us to let you know, what kind of ideas will have the best chance of "going all the way" (Simplistic and well thought through ideas). The devs are full of ideas for major enhancements themselves and don't really look at major game-play change ideas.

DeletedUser

I like the idea with an up/down arrow (like was previously suggested) so that people can make it appear and disappear at will. For people with a lot of screen to spare, they probably wouldn't need it - and some players, especially with crowded cities - may very well like the features, like the half-moon. Regardless, the right-hand display is pointless, I think, with the moon moved to the left. Yeah... I'm pretty much just agreeing with other people.

DeletedUser

+1 I agree remove the right side icons...they are unnecessary and get in the way.

DeletedUser

+1

I'm happy that i have finally returned to the ideas section, there are some pretty good in here like this one. I like this UI change proposal.

DeletedUser111351

+1
(Yes this is a big necro. Also I realize that the GUI in discussion has changed somewhat since the initial post.)

The Sleepy-Moon indicator of an inactive building is the reason for my necro. This indicator, along with the Building-Ready-for-Collection indicator, are probably the 2 most important notifications in the game. Yes, the Building-Ready-for-Collection indicator is actually a "spend diamonds here" button, while the Inactive-Building indicator is not. Regardless of whether these 2 buttons are ever clicked on by any given player, they are a top priority warning of something that should immediately be addressed by the player. Both of these icons should be clearly displayed when active.

The problem I have is that the icon bar on the right often fills up. This bar only displays 4 icons at a time and their order appears to be rather random. Many of these icons I am aware of and wish to ignore/don't require my current attention. The result of this is that the 1 icon I really do care about, the one telling me I have an inactive building, often "appears" in a hidden state. Yes, a player can scroll through this bar to find out all the icons present. This icon is too important to be hidden. A player should not need to go hunting to find out if there is an inactive building or not.

Whether or not the solution to move this indicator to the left is implemented or not, this indicator should be given more prominence than it currently is. It needs to be visible at all times that the state is true if the player hasn't specifically requested it be hidden.