• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Slow battles - feedback needed

DeletedUser12086

Dear Kings and Queens,

After the launch of the Progressive Era we received reports that the battle screen gets slower and slower with successive battles fought on PE battlefields. Our QA department has invested a lot of time in this issue so far, and still investigate with new reports, however up until now nothing has been reproduced. We are still getting occasional reports of this issue.

We would therefore like to ask for you to help us to solve the problem finally, by supplying us with more information, if you are affected by slowing battles after successive fights.

Please could you respond to this thread if you are affected, with the following information:

1. System information (from the settings tab, copy to clipboard and paste it)
  2. Graphic card model (Found under Start > Control panel > Devices and Printers > Device manager > Display adapters)
  3. System RAM (Found under Start > Control panel > System > View amount of RAM and processor speed)
  4. Firewall
  5. Anti-virus software

Thank you for the help!

Sincerely,
The Forge of Empires team.

DeletedUser653

Hi,
I am experiencing really slow play in the battle process but also when moving from player to player Potivating. The was a big change maybe 4-5 days ago and I am now experiencing an average CPU use of 60% and peak use of 98% when changing views. For example just viewing my city with animation and smoke switched off its taking 60% CPU on average. When I move to the guild continent map it goes up to an average 72% CPU, but I only have to click back to this screen to write this and the CPU usage drops right down to about 20%, but if I log out to the FOE log in page I get right down to 0-1% usage. If I reduce the screen size of FOE while keeping it the active window the CPU usage decreases too and once its small enough that you cannot see the game CPU use is down to about 30%.
In GVG battles I am experiencing no slow down in the the actual battle itself but it takes 10 seconds plus to open up the troop selection screen and when the attack is finished I have the same delay moving from the results screen back the the map of the age, many times having go back to the General GVG map and then back to the age to get the screen to even refresh.
I have 6GB Ram and my usage during the high CPU is around 3.6 GB, leaving 2.4 free, switching right out of FOW drops memory to about 2.3G, so Memory use by FOW is not high.
So this pretty much proves that the animation is the problem and I suspect that a change that has been done is to reduce RAM use and increase Disk use for the animation and thus this increases CPU use and slows the game down?

System info:
1.21.21592 (11.03.2014 8:20), vfrmark (40674), en5, en_US, WIN 12,0,0,77, Windows 7, Opera Version/12.16, 1647x883, Legacy
Graphic card:
ATI Radeon HD%450
System RAM
6 GB
Firewall:
Nortons
Anti-virus software
Nortons

Mark

DeletedUser1081

1.21.21592 (11.03.2014 8:20), mink (62264), en2, en_US, WIN 12,0,0,70, Windows 7, Firefox/27.0, 1338x608, Legacy
Firewall & Antivirus: Avast (free version)

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
It grinds to a near halt if I visit players' cities to P/M or donate FP and then go back to battling on PE or ME maps

DeletedUser4879

I'm doing well all round except for the odd delay when switching to Auto when on the battle field.
animation turned off..
Using Win7 home premium 64 bit with Win Def turned on, no 3rd party firewall or AntiVirus!
Proccessor core (TM) iS-4670
CPU 3.40 GHz
Ram 8 GB
Video NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
Browser Chrome (latest)
All devices on my computer using latest Drivers
Note, I never use 3rd party Firewall nor Antivirus as Win7 Def. is doing
a very good job!! My view about the likes of Norton Antivirus and others
ist not the best!! All they do is slow down Computers! Also 3rd party Firewalls
have the same problem as they clash with the Firewall built into the Modem/Router..
I've been using the net (carefully) for a very long time and never ever had any
problems with Viruses!! ( get the feeling that those companies make them up to sell
their wares).
The moral of this story is a high end computer with latest drivers should run FoE well!
However not everybody has them!!;)