• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Slight adjustment for Great Building rewards.

DeletedUser

Proposal:
Slight adjustment for Great Building rewards.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else?
Yes

Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
No

Details:
I've seen a lot of buildings where the 1st player donated bunch of FP at first, then the rest don't bother to donate, because the first player already pretty much has the top place. What I would like, is to have the rewards (maybe not the BP's) either double, or maybe x1.5 when the player is lets say 5 (or any low number) FP's away from the next place, or previous place. That way, will be more competitive, and we won't see as many GB stop building. So lets say GB requires 100 FP's. If at the end 1st place donated 50 FP's, 2nd 45 FP's, 3rd 5 FP's. The first 2 will have their rewards higher than normal, because they donated competitive.

Reason:
I have GB's that I donated to, stopped growing for weeks now, because donating additional FP's to that building will not change their rank.

EX: GP needs 190 FP's. 1st place donated 60 FP's, 2nd 45, 3rd 35, 4th 25, and 5th 15. So as of right now, donating additional FP's is a waste, because you only need 10 FP's to finish the GB, and doesn't matter who donates those 10 FP's nobody will change spots, not even a new player, because he will just end up in 6th place. So as of right now that building will just stay at that level until somebody decides to waste 10 FP's, and like I said, I have few that I donated.

So with my proposal, it will motivate more players to donate extra FP's, and since they will be so close to the next level, they reward will increase more than the normal. In my above example, 3rd can donate 5 FP's, and will be 5 FP's away from 2nd place, and 5th can donate 5 more, that will make him 5 FP's away from next place, they both get extra rewards, and the building is finished.

Abuse Prevention:
Don't see any abuse, other than having more competition in the game, having bigger risks, and more strategic, which (in my opinion) will be more exciting building other GB's.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

I just think there should be more rewards (1-7) ranks. I don't try to compete too much with GBs since I'm one of those last second donaters

DeletedUser

I just think there should be more rewards (1-7) ranks. I don't try to compete too much with GBs since I'm one of those last second donaters

It will be competitive even for the low place as well

DeletedUser1094

There is a constant amount of Forge-points to be used for support, for an ever increasing amount of Great-buildings. The level-ups will naturally slow down...
My first GB went to level 10 within a couple of weeks. Now it can take a week, or weeks depending on the level, to level-up one level.
My point : Changing the rewards for supporting won't help. Only more FPs can help... and I hardly think that will happen. It will get ever slower levelling-up the GBs...

-1 for the suggestion.

DeletedUser8813

[size=+1]-1[/size]

the longer we get into the great building spree the longer it will take to level.as king dael posted i cant see this improving the donation rate.
the more great buildings that go up the slower they will level.i can see myself leveling some of my own when i finish the tech tree

DeletedUser6936

Great Buildings should be most valuable to their owners.
If there's 10ForgePoints missing from the level up but, the owner does no wish to spend his/hers ForgePoints, then it's their loss.
If one of the donators wishes to speed things up, to get the reward quicker, then it's up to them to waste the ForgePoints.
Great Buildings is a strategic waiting game and one of 'who wants it more'.

DeletedUser8078

I agree with Lord of shadows. Once I had to donate to my own GB and to an extent I felt sorry since I have lowered two guys down, but I had no option since growing had stalled. If I take the third place on my own GB, but of course I don't receive any reward, does it mean that the guy after me who occupies fourth place will get the reward of fourth place or the reward of third? If latter than its OK otherwise I would be sorry to donate and take away any reward that others might have contributed to receive, but the GB growth should not stall. Lets not be so selfish and go ahead and waste some FP to close out the leveling so we can keep the game running and we can start competing for the next level sets of Blue Prints and other rewards.

DeletedUser7719

They get the 4th place reward. You can't affect anyone else's reward.

DeletedUser6838

Actually, i have a idea how to solve your dissatisfaction, make it so that the great building shows only your rank when you have donated any FP's, if you haven't donated any well too bad, you still wont see the ranking, this way you will never know with how many FP's the next rank is leading or who the player is, BUT let the overall donated FP's number still be visible at all times.

DeletedUser7719

Actually, i have a idea how to solve your dissatisfaction, make it so that the great building shows only your rank when you have donated any FP's, if you haven't donated any well too bad, you still wont see the ranking, this way you will never know with how many FP's the next rank is leading or who the player is, BUT let the overall donated FP's number still be visible at all times.
That would be a separate idea. If you wish to continue with it, feel free to make new idea thread (don't forget the template!) Actually, I see where you're going which is related to the topic. It sounds like a great idea!

DeletedUser6603

This would really give the advantage to those with no tech tree research left, and FPs a plenty.

And once we find out what the "wondrous things" We'll be able to do with our duplicates
it will make it even more unbalanced.

DeletedUser6838

Well, as i understood, the main point why the poster came up with this idea was, because he/she is dissatisfied of the current situation, where people stop donating FP's to the GB's when they see that they have no chance in overtaking the 1st place (specially at lower building levels, where only 1st or 1st and 2nd place get a BP). But, as King Dael said, doubling the rewards would be absurd, i thought i might suggest a solution, which wouldn't change almost anything except that you are no longer able to see the ranking, only your own current rank if you have donated any FP's. This way there is no possible way for the player to see with how many FP's he/she is leading from the previous rank or with how many is he/she behind from the next rank. This also prevents tactical things like waiting until the next rank keeps donating (when the level is soon done) and then use the FP packages to overtake the rank by 1-3 FP's and leave the one without lower reward or rewardless if the rank happened to be 10th. As i first mentioned the overall donated FP number shall stay visibleat all times. This wont change anything since the players still have no way to tell if the 1st, 2nd or any other rank is leading with a huge gap or with just a few FP's, this would encourage more players to take the risk and donate the FP's. In addition, this may attract players to donate 1 FP just to see how many have already donated and to see the number of ranks, meaning if there are alot of curious players who have one left over FP to donate just to see those 2 things, then the GB level will be done in no time :D. Well, that's the gist, not sure if it was understandable though =d.

This would really give the advantage to those with no tech tree research left, and FPs a plenty.

How would it give a advantage to players with finished tech tree? It wouldn't change a thing, you think that players with finished tech tree don't have that very same advantage you are talking about right now? They can donate all the FP's they currently get on GB's now and the exact same way afterwards. Or are you trying to say that the suggestion i gave would make the players with finished tech tree get more FP's?

DeletedUser

I like Vexeens idea. You would need to be a contributor to see more info. One forge point to find out your ranking and whether to continue. This would give a Great Building more 1 point contributions, yet not harm anyone who decided their rank was not beneficial. I also agree that Wilberham is looking at this incorrectly. It would not change the fact that people have more forge points. If you were to carry Wilberhams idea further, it would suggest that diamonds could not be used to buy forge points to contribute. Unworkable, and it would not improve the game.