• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Sharing Battle Replay

DeletedUser7137

Is there any way to share the battle replay with guild members in guild forum or somewhere else? It could help a lot explaining or teaching new players (such as me) about battle tactics and how the AI works. I know some players hated the replay function, but it doesn't seem like they'll remove it, so if it's there, why not use it to the full extend?

DeletedUser

Hey Erosennim, welcome to the Forums. :)

I think there is if you take very much trouble and know some source coding or something, probably. ;)

As of now, I don't think there is a simple 'button' or way to share it :eek:

- L

DeletedUser7137

Thank you Lodroth.

How much trouble do I have to go through to make it? By "source coding or something", do you mean like the process of sharing a screenshot in your posts only this time it's a video(is it a video?)?

DeletedUser

I really have no idea, nor do I know if it is allowed to publish FoE content. Even though you can claim to only use it in the guild/open forum, others might publish it elsewhere.

If anyone'd know, it'd be Slygoxx I reckon, but again, you'd have to get a clear from higher up first.

- L

DeletedUser7137

Thank you for the replies. Maybe I should put in a suggestion at the Idea section of the forum for this. Not sure which category this will fit into though...or maybe Slygoxx will see this thread and share his expertise. Thanks again.

DeletedUser65

there is no way to do it now but to the best of my knowledge such a feature will be included in a future update.

DeletedUser7137

While waiting for the future update, I think I will try out zheka suggestion. Hopefully it won't break any rules in FoE.

DeletedUser

From another thread about downloading the game music, I've gotten this reply:

It is fine to share the file, as long as no one tries to make any money from it.

So, don't break that rule and you're probably fine. ;)

- L

DeletedUser7137

Thank you Lodroth for the info. I'm not using any money playing this, so it's only fair that I shouldn't make money out of this too..:D

DeletedUser

As far as my 'expertise' goes, I have not (yet) found a way to share the replay, apart from capturing the video yourself using some software.

DeletedUser7137

Thank you Slygoxx..And that's what exactly I'm trying to do..And if I can do it, maybe I can post it somewhere here too..or is that against forum's rule?

DeletedUser

i hope the players that are against the replays do not see this, because it is like rubbing salt on their wounds...
get-together teachings about tactics in replays? ouch... :rolleyes:

DeletedUser7137

i'm not sure how to actually do it yet..i don't think there's even a "insert video button" in the guild's forum..just a hyperlink..that could cause problem because it means that i need to upload it somewhere else first..a lot of room for misuse..
but no offense to those that are against battle replay..it's for 'educational purposes' only..:)

DeletedUser

i'm not sure how to actually do it yet..i don't think there's even a "insert video button" in the guild's forum..just a hyperlink..that could cause problem because it means that i need to upload it somewhere else first..a lot of room for misuse..
but no offense to those that are against battle replay..it's for 'educational purposes' only..:)

While there may not be a button for it, perhaps the bb code still works. Which is: [video ] url of the video [/video]
As for it being 'educational purposes', that's the entire point of everyone who's against it. ;)

- L

DeletedUser1094

You can always throw in a link to external pages, such as Image, Video & File sharing sites. Legal links, that is...