• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Settlements

FreshDan

Private
Hi all,

I am currently doing the first level of the Vikings Settlement.

Once finished - should I do the next level of Vikings or start one of the other settlements (Japanese or Egyptian - I am in Iron Age and the last two settlements won't be available for me for quite a while)?

I'm assuming it probably depends on which buildings I require/are better for my playstyle.

Any and all advice/opinions will be greatly appreciated ::)

GADfan

Warrant Officer
Vikings is considered by some to be the hardest of the three you mentioned.
Personally, I continued with it and got it out of the way, the final Yggdrasil Tree is a very good reward.
Also some of the techniques you'll learn doing Vikings will help in other settlements.

But it definitely does depend on what you want and how you play

FreshDan

Private
Vikings is considered by some to be the hardest of the three you mentioned.
Personally, I continued with it and got it out of the way, the final Yggdrasil Tree is a very good reward.
Also some of the techniques you'll learn doing Vikings will help in other settlements.

But it definitely does depend on what you want and how you play
Thanks GADfan ::)

Burpo

Sergeant
I would continue vikings until you get the fully upgraded main building.
Same with Japanese, Egyptian and Aztec. Each of those main buildings is worth having (fully upgraded)
Mughal main building is ordinary and will take a long time.

FreshDan

Private
Same with Japanese, Egyptian and Aztec. Each of those main buildings is worth having (fully upgraded)
Cheers Burpo ::)

How many times through does it take for that in each civilization?

Hi all,

I am currently doing the first level of the Vikings Settlement.

Once finished - should I do the next level of Vikings or start one of the other settlements (Japanese or Egyptian - I am in Iron Age and the last two settlements won't be available for me for quite a while)?

I'm assuming it probably depends on which buildings I require/are better for my playstyle.

Any and all advice/opinions will be greatly appreciated ::)
Your assumption is correct, and in my case I would recommend doing each settlement as often as required to exhaust the rewards :)

Tufty 1964

Private
I am stuck on my first go through Egypt. Need to plant more crops but don't have enough loot. Can't win battles to gain more as I only have basic troops. What can I do?

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I am stuck on my first go through Egypt. Need to plant more crops but don't have enough loot. Can't win battles to gain more as I only have basic troops. What can I do?
Your chances to fight will reset each day, basically 24 hours after you initially opened up the Arena where you do the fighting. Easy fights should always be relatively easy. You have 3 different types of troop buildings in your Building menu that you can build and use for troops. By far, the Nebuian Archers are the best troops to use, and you should always be able to win Easy without losses and Medium with minor or no losses.
There are various hints and guides that can be found on the Internet to help you with them. One of the ones here that is designed to make maximum use all resources right from the start is linked below - however, you may want to find something not quite as strict.

Tufty 1964

Private
Thanks for that, will give it a try. I had to lose a divine statue and rearrange huts to fit Nubian archery range in. I already have 3 Khopesh warriors in training camp so did not want to give them up.