• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Server/World time difference

FreshDan

Private
Hi all...

I am in Australia and am trying to figure out the time difference between me and the server.
I know there is 13 hours difference, and I'm assuming I'm 13 hrs behind (and not ahead) but would like clarification if possible.
E.g. I put a request in for active friends on the Global chat at 6:09am today and it came up as 7:09pm.

Thanks in advance should anyone reply 8-)

Knight of ICE

Go to the Daily Challenge and open the settings. That will show you current server time.

FreshDan

Private
Thanks for your response, Knight of ICE, but you didn't actually answer my question.
I know how to see the server time, I'm curious to know if I'm BEHIND or AHEAD of the server time (as per my example in the original post).
Actually, now that I think about it, this is what I'm wondering - using the above example - when I posted in the chat (6:09am 19th Nov where I am) was it 7:09pm YESTERDAY server time (i.e. 18th Nov) OR 7:09pm TODAY server time (i.e. 19th Nov)??
Apologies if my original post was not specific enough, and it's really not that important, but, as I said, I'm just curious to know how it all works and I'd appreciate any clarification ::)

FreshDan

Private
I may have just answered my own question...found a good site on the web which explains it in simple terms. So I'm relatively confident that at 6:09am today, 19 Nov (where I am in Oz) it was 7:09pm 18 Nov server time (I'm assuming that's UK time??). Which would make me GMT/UTC+11 (I think). Mind-bending stuff really :lol:.
I'm still interested in anyone's opinion as to whether I'm right or not :D

Knight of ICE

Today is november 18th. Current server time is 9:28 PM, or 21:28. Server time is GMT.

FreshDan

Private
Yep just confirmed I am correct (after googling Australian Time Zone). Thanks anyway, Knight of ICE, for at least responding to my post :blush:

FreshDan

Private
Today is november 18th. Current server time is 9:28 PM, or 21:28. Server time is GMT.
Thanks for confirming that. It's kinda weird (I haven't thought about any of this before) that it's the 18th where you are and the 19th here in Oz. At least now I know how to interpret the game's server time in reference to DQ's/Events/GE start/finish times etc. Have a good one :blush:

Knight of ICE

Not that weird. You guys always enter the new year way before us.

FreshDan

Private
Not that weird. You guys always enter the new year way before us.
Fair enough! I'd just never given it much thought before - having not ever travelled to the UK or contacted friends/family before where a time difference would have an impact. I'm seeing the world in a new light (kinda refreshing)!