• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Second ME GB

Addonexus

Chief Warrant Officer
I would like to suggest a GB that would boost the other GBs (all, or only certain GBs, both passive and active boost, or just one) The boost could be a few % for each level (5-10% for level 1, and then another 2-5% for each next level, up to a maximum of 50% for level 10, or less, if its too overpowered with 50%). This will prevent some old GBs to become obsolete. It will also improve the Space Needle and make it worth to build it. It will help with the happiness building mostly, because as we are getting better cultural buildings, the GBs that give happiness are becoming less valuable than the new cultural buildings. Depending on how powerfull it will be, it can be between 36 and 49 spaces (6x6 to 7x7). The size will also balance its power.
Not sure if this is a good idea, but as active boost, it can produce a few polish options every 24 hours, maybe 1 at level 1, 2 at level 5, and 3 at level 10> They can be used for polishing your own buildings, and maybe using them will require a certain amount of goods to be used (or not). They will not accumulate, so any unused polish will be gone once a new collection is taken from the GB.

Surge

Brigadier-General
Three things:

1) Space Needle stats must be doubled in order to be actually fitting to its day and to provide a reasonable upgrade to Frau, if not 2.25 times greater. That means Lv. 1 is 2,400 or 2,700 happiness and etc. If you decide to double stats for that SN, everything else will become brokenly powerful. HS would net 12,800 happiness and 12 FPs per day at max, Frau gets nearly 10,000, Capitol gets 20,000 spare people (which would be a MASSIVE problem!), and many other things. If you want a better SN, then it's better to wait a month or three years for the devs to patch the stats. If you're going overboard, max HS and CdM and get the doubler for 24 FPs a day, the exact equivalent of an entire day's worth of waiting for forge points. But, of course, you can't store 12 forge points immediately, as the max counter only displays 10. Don't worry, though, a remedy to this would be to immediately convert them to packages, but that would be so insanely powerful that you might as well just ditch the doubling and let SN get its own stats and the new GB proposal a maximum of maybe 1.5x increase in stats.

2) I think happiness GBs are still useful, albeit a little scarce and situation specific. Anyone who invested in a Notre Dame still gets a double-win situation in the sense that they give more happiness than a Drive-In Theatre and that they use single roads, not double, which may even work to further increasing their happiness potential. Think about it, a Lv. 8 HMA building still holding up against a cultural building 5 ages higher than itself. I still stand by my Frau and I will not see an opportunity for deletion because it now adds a third benefit: goods production. Even 4,400 happiness at Lv. 9 is good enough to get by, although I need other cultural buildings to support it (but when you think about it, happiness GBs never were meant to tank all the unhappiness alone in the first place).

3) I reject the notion of collectible polishes. Polishes should be a team play aspect, not something easily obtainable. Besides, that would utterly defeat the point of building a city capable to retaining that enthusiasm bonus without outside interference. Building a closed system is fun and challenging, and, ultimately, rewarding. Removing that pleasure bone would also mean that you would need barely any space for happiness buildings, so you might as well put down 3 or 4 drive-in theatres to get 16,800 to 22,400 happiness right off the bat after collection, and you're most likely going to have a happiness GB to boot with it, too.

If Atomium (or if the devs might not like Atomium) is going to have a GB supporting quality, it would need to go undergo huge regulations. I am not sure if this idea is feasible at all. You can't polish or motivate GBs for a reason: they're special buildings, and should be delicately treated as such.

DeletedUser15432

I agree with surge on this aspect, if the hypothetical 2nd Modern Era Great Building were to have a specific bonus, it would have to be something like the quest bonus attached to the Chateau de Frontenac i.e. you do so many polish/motivation actions and toy are able to enhance the bonus of a single building (great buildings included) until either next collection or for 12 hours depending upon whether the action is a motivation or a polish (great buildings would always count as motivations ((this would not affect specific bonuses such as attack/defence or population but only collectible and also could not be used for forge point collections))

DeletedUser7719

Rumor has it that it may give a good's boosting and defensive bonus (this information is not confirmed at all though and is not even taken from the beta server's game play)

Addonexus

Chief Warrant Officer
i wasnt saying that you could use that polish on a GB, but on a cultural building of your choice in case of emergency, like when you need to collect resourses, but you are 1 polish short from getting 120%, so instead asking people to polish you imediately, you can polish one of your own cultural buildings.