• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Scaling Victory Points

DeletedUser

Proposal: Reduce or increase the victory point value of defeated defending troops based upon the age composition of the opposing armies.

Reason: Victory over a far inferior force presents less of a challenge, and therefore should be worth less points. Conversely, defeating superior troops with older age units is more challenging, and therefore should be worth more points.

Details: An armies "age" would be considered the age from which the latest age troop present is (similar to how the PvP towers work). For every age difference between the attacking army and defending army, a 20% bonus or penalty would be applied to the victory point awarded at the end of the battle. For instance, if an attacking Late Middle Age (LMA) army defeats a defending Early Middle Age (EMA) army, the resulting victory points would be reduced by 40% (2 age difference multiplied by 20% per age). If an attacking EMA army defeats a defending LMA army, the resulting victory points would be increased by 40%. If an attacking Colonial age army defeats a defending Bronze age army, the victory point award would be 0 (5 age difference multiplied by 20% per age equals -100%).

Visual Aids: None Available.

Balance: The balance seems good, and it encourages players to make some additional considerations before attacking. Blasting through every opponent with your toughest troops in obvious mismatches should be awarded with less points. This will further encourage attack-minded players to keep more of the earlier age troop types to max out their victory points, or suffer a point penalty. Conversely, players wishing to get points faster can be a bit risky and purposely use lower age troops against a superior defender.

Abuse Prevention: Situations can be orchestrated between players wishing to make "easy" points by setting up a Colonial Age defense with only a couple of defenders while the other player attacks with a full list of Bronze age troops, for instance. "Tactics" like this can essentially be done now, of course, but there's not really an incentive to use weaker troops (unless you are specifically competing for a certain PvP tower).

Summary: I think the above passages are sufficient.

DeletedUser653

I agree with the idea but not the details.

The age of the defender should be based on the age the player is in not the troops he has and certainly not on the ones he uses to defend, otherwise I will get all the colonial players having 1 or 2 spears !

Other than that I have posted support for this idea many times.

DeletedUser

Hi HRC. I see your point, but a colonial age player choosing to do that is really opening the door to get plundered by every player in his neighborhood, which is not a very good trade for simply denying another player victory points. The only reason I don't feel the ACTUAL age of the attacker and defender should be used is simply because that puts a little unbalancing pressure on high age players being able to be competitive with lower age players in the earlier age PvP towers.

DeletedUser7719

I like the idea. If you want to beat up a noob, you got to look like a noob :p
+1 from me

DeletedUser653

But fighting with lower age troops make it more fun, if it gives more points more players will do it and there will be closer battles.

Back in the days PVP battles where the only way to get medals I used to try and win every tower (managed it a lot on the way up, but only about a dozen times once in colonial!) and had to fight the lower guys with spears and slingers to get the points for the first tower, it was much harder and you even lost a few.

DeletedUser653

byeordie,
Nothings wrong with more competition, but what point are you commenting on (you do not normally post random points!)