• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Same type goods on provinces

DeletedUser

Hi there,

I would like to report something, which i think its a bug. It appears that for some weird reason i got 2 goods boost of the same type on my northern provinces: Dunkenwald and Sturmhohen. Now i checked with my group neighbors and they got too different ones like Alabaster and Gold for example, while i got 2 Alabaster. If this is not a bug then i would like the possibility of having it changed because it is very unfair that some people have different boosts while others get 2 of the same. See pictures bellow.

World: Arvahal

stefan.jpgNeighbor.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

As far as I know this is not a bug, but resources are granted randomly.
I understand that you don't like it, but try to see it like this: you can make even more of this resource, and it may give you a better bargaining position on the market, giving you the chance to trade it for the other supplies that you need :).

DeletedUser

As far as I know this is not a bug, but resources are granted randomly.
I understand that you don't like it, but try to see it like this: you can make even more of this resource, and it may give you a better bargaining position on the market, giving you the chance to trade it for the other supplies that you need :).

Are you kidding me? Have you even played the game? 500 alabaster is enough for you and nine friends to get through every age of the game. Most neighborhoods only HAVE ~10 active players. What the hell is having 1000 alabaster going to do?

DeletedUser

To comfort you, you could have worse... 2x Stone at bronze age and 2x Stone at high middle age ^^

It's sad for you because EMA resources are the worst to get.

DeletedUser

It is not fair... i cannot use 2 alabaster... I only want the game to be fair for everybody. I am at a big disadvantage with having 2 of the same things. And i don't need to be conforted, i only want to have the same as everyone else

DeletedUser

yeah, if that's not a bug, it should definitely be changed. That's really ridiculous.

DeletedUser

Are you kidding me? Have you even played the game? 500 alabaster is enough for you and nine friends to get through every age of the game. Most neighborhoods only HAVE ~10 active players. What the hell is having 1000 alabaster going to do?

No need to get all worked up ... did I say you have to get 1000 alabaster? However, you may need some later on. And "every age of the game" might turn out to be a lot more ages than are being shown now in the tech tree :p.

DeletedUser

yeah, if that's not a bug, it should definitely be changed. That's really ridiculous.

I am in the same situation. I got 2 provinces with Honey. In all the game so far i need only a fraction of all that honey. But that is not the problem. Why one players has 2 different and another has 2 of the same? So this "bug" must be fixed or changed.

Thank you!

DeletedUser

No need to get all worked up ... did I say you have to get 1000 alabaster? However, you may need some later on. And "every age of the game" might turn out to be a lot more ages than are being shown now in the tech tree :p.

Excuse me but you are kinda wrong there. Why should i wait for those "new" ages to come in the game to be able to use what i already got? The second boost is plain useless at the moment. It is like i dont even have it... and trading cannot make anything about it in the current state.

In the time that i produce ONLY alabaster, someone is producing 2 things at once... a clear and unfair advantage. Go figures!

DeletedUser

Well sorry if I don't make myself clear, but I knew I had seen it so I checked the tech tree again... as for alabaster, you'll be needing 200 of them in the late middle ages, that's not so far off (research manufacturing) and that means that every player will need so many alabaster by that time... maybe you'll feel that having two deposits may be a blessing after all :p. The same things probably goes for other resources as well.

I know that trading is not very easy at the moment as a lot of players don't trade much or just those things that you may not need (anymore)... I'm at that same point.
However, reading the forums I see that there's work in progress on the trade system and when and if it goes global or is reorganised, you'll be happy to have the resources you have. Don't just look at short term consequences of things, it may pay off to look at long term things as well.

Be patient. Just my two cents' worth. :D

DeletedUser

You are very clear but wrong! By the time that "new" trade system goes live, i will be at the end of Late Middle Age or worse, when none will need alabaster anymore. As you can see on the first page, I am not the only one with this issue.

DeletedUser

It is a valid point. Also, each 'field' is worth 2500 in 'finished' goods (you make 5 pieces of finished product for each piece of raw material). So this person actually has 5000 Alabaster available.

DeletedUser

It is a valid point. Also, each 'field' is worth 2500 in 'finished' goods (you make 5 pieces of finished product for each piece of raw material). So this person actually has 5000 Alabaster available.

Exactly this. Which is why one person's supply of alabaster is enough for TEN PEOPLE. 2500/234 is roughly 10.5 people that can be supported with 1 supply of alabaster. Having two supplies of alabaster is just ridiculous. Nobody needs to support 20 other people. Each resource is far too common for that, and on top of that most neighborhoods are lucky to even have 10 people active... and I've never even heard of a neighborhood with 10 active people in the LMA.

DeletedUser

Well, as much as I agree that it is bad luck, and possibly should be something that is changed, at the moment this is not considered a bug...

It has been suggested that changes be made to make it that if you are lucky like this you should be able to produce 10 or 20 per 4 hours instead of 5, kind of like a supercharged production bonus, but nothing has been agreed to be changed. The resources are evenly randomly distributed in a neighbourhood. If you have two of something, others have little or none of it, giving you a trade advantage, but I agree it should be more... unfortunately there is nothing you can do but gain a trade advantage and hope none of the other active players has this good...

DeletedUser

And in the meantime i have a useless boost... Geez, thanks a lot for your Support! I have to wait for that changed trade system in order to use my super charged production.

I don't wanna get rude but this is rather frustrating and it doesnt help anyone. I see only one course of action to this: to leave the game. This is the last drop in a glass almost full. And to have that kind of answer with no explanation whatsoever, it is embarrassing. Goods are random so deal with it!

They are not random at all. There are specific rules for the provinces that give them... Why dont we have gold or alabaster in the first 5-8 provinces then? What bothers me most is that none from the staff is willing to investigate if it was/is a bug or glitch. Again well done with your customer support... Not really

Good luck with your unfair game!