• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Sabotage button grayed out

Cambyses II

Sergeant
Just attacked two towns from my neighbours bar. Neither of them are friends or my Guildmates but the Sabotage button was greyed out and I could not plunder. Why might this be??

DeletedUser4089

Most likely there were no buildings with anything available to plunder. You can only plunder finished productions, keep checking back and you should find the button lights up when something is ready to be plundered.

Cambyses II

Sergeant
OK I'll check back later. Normally there will be some coin from at least one resi building to collect. Seems a bit unusual to have two towns completely empty.

DeletedUser4089

It could be that they are going inactive, as buildings will stay plundered until they are reset by the player. So once all their buildings have been plundered, there won't be any more available until that player comes back to reset them.

Also, many players will attempt to only have things ready to collect from when they are online. This means they can quickly collect everything and leave nothing available for plunderers. Timing your collections is the best way to avoid plunderers.

Cambyses II

Sergeant
It could be that they are going inactive, as buildings will stay plundered until they are reset by the player.
I would agree entirely in the case of many buildings, in particular Goods buildings but Resi buildings draw no distinction between those emptying them. If the player is inactive the building will reset each time it is plundered and coins will be available to the next plunderer.
I suspect there is a missing factor. I know such things as I mentioned in my opening submission will prevent sabotage so I wonder if there is some other limitation.

DeletedUser4089

I would agree entirely in the case of many buildings, in particular Goods buildings but Resi buildings draw no distinction between those emptying them. If the player is inactive the building will reset each time it is plundered and coins will be available to the next plunderer.
I suspect there is a missing factor. I know such things as I mentioned in my opening submission will prevent sabotage so I wonder if there is some other limitation.
No, Resi buildings remain plundered until reset by the plundered player. No different to a Goods building.

Most likely there were no buildings with anything available to plunder. You can only plunder finished productions, keep checking back and you should find the button lights up when something is ready to be plundered.
Isn't there a limit to the number of times you can check back?

DeletedUser653

create a speadsheet with all the players you attack and record what time you plundered them and what you got, you will very quickly see patterns and can then get your plundering up to very high levels. sometimes i would check a player every 10 secs as their time of collection was so fixed i could narrow it down to the minute