• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Rush Iron Age or hold off?

DeletedUser118374

So is there an advantage or disadvantage in getting through to Iron Age ASAP?

I can research Architecture next, but I have a few Bronze Age techs I've skipped:
- Woodwork & Craftwork - I think I don't have any tree resources
- Growing - I don't have any grape resources
- Paths
- Manuring

I can use the expansions, but I have several ways to get one.

DeletedUser113110

So is there an advantage or disadvantage in getting through to Iron Age ASAP?

I can research Architecture next, but I have a few Bronze Age techs I've skipped:
- Woodwork & Craftwork - I think I don't have any tree resources
- Growing - I don't have any grape resources
- Paths
- Manuring

I can use the expansions, but I have several ways to get one.
Go to Iron Age, there are so may things to unlock with IA. Just make sure you don’t get too caught up in it though, remember that there are still a lot of ages to go through.

Emberguard

Legend
The main disadvantage of going to the next age is increase in event requirements. The main advantage is getting access to more things to build up the city foundation.

DeletedUser12400

Make sure that you research Military Tactics as soon as possible, it's vital!
It's best to prepare goods and spend all forge points towards military tech and have max at bar before advancing to next age.

DeletedUser96901

the players are worse
on day away and everything is plundered

:rolleyes: