• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Confirmed: RQ quests freeze

cnorton

Private
Abort a few RQ quests, then the quest panel freezes and next RQ does not show up until after a while. Seems to happen randomly, have not noticed any pattern. May be after 2 aborted or after several more aborted. A little wait "unfreezes" it, then the function resumes and the bug repeats.

EDIT: It actually releases after about 5 secs when I close the quest tab. If I leave the quest tab open the next quest never shows.

Also when I do the quests slowly, the bug does not seem to show. So it's only when I click them fast that the bug appears.

Makes me wonder, is it a bug or a "feature" to prevent us from rushing through quests and do them quickly? haha

Last edited:
Seems like anything with a carousel is locking up these days - military & supply bldgs. are still horrendously locking up - it was better the old way - at least the window closed after each selection - now we have to close the window too just to get to the next one.

Should have been fixed with the update - today :?

• The Quest window would stop working and not open again on occasion. We've implemented a fix and we would like to verify how it applied. Please report in the feedback thread, if you still encounter this issue!
  • Recruiting multiple units broke the production carousel and blocked the Social Tab in the Message Center. This has been fixed.

cnorton

Private
Actually, just realized: Yes, carousel and related quest issue fixed for me.
But this is a new bug - the quest freezes after several aborted. Nothing to do with military carousel.

Last edited:

cnorton

Private
confirmed - it's a speed related issue (see first post). The bug only manifests when I abort quests fast. When I go slow - no bug.

confirmed - it's a speed related issue (see first post). The bug only manifests when I abort quests fast. When I go slow - no bug.
Makes no difference if you go fast or slow. And it's not a new bug by the way. Been there for 2-3 weeks at least.
Well, maybe it's fixed now. We'll see...

cnorton

Private
Makes no difference if you go fast or slow. And it's not a new bug by the way. Been there for 2-3 weeks at least.
Well, maybe it's fixed now. We'll see...
Don¨t really know what you are talking about, surely not about my end, right. Cause my end is exactly as I described it.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I have this same frustating bug with RQs (seems to happen after every 2nd abort, and have to reload) - but found that if I wait a couple seconds before doing the next abort, then I do not get the freeze problem. That is okay as long as I remember to take a pause between aborts - but when I am doing my daily collections using my BG, I keep forgetting and try to quickly abort - which ends up meaning 2 or 3 reloads before I get the RQ I want again.

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
The issue with recurring quests is unfortunately new with this update. Its been reported and the devs are on it.

RQs freezing has been an issue in the past, with other build versions. With current problem, once RQs have frozen, other quest tabs also freeze. I have found that if I go to GE or Settlement screens, then return to main game screen, the quest tabs reset and I can continue until the next freeze.