• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Rotting

Iznot

Private
I tried to find out about rotting rates. I get different answers from various gamers.
I started three 8 hour supply builds…how long will they last after being finished?
Is there a rule or ratio for these things?
Do any buildings help preserve supplies..like a Lighthouse?
-Iznot (noob….lol)

DeletedUser13082

No great building helps to preserve supplies unfortunately.

I am not 100% on how the system works concerning supplies going bad but I have always noticed that if supplies are set for a certain amount of time (8 hours for example) then it is usually another 16 hours following that time that the supplies will go bad. The same for other time scales, after the supplies are ready for collection it will be 2x the amount of time they were set for until they go bad. I am not 100% on this as I have never actually asked anybody or looked into it myself but from my experience I think this is about right for the time scale from goods being available for collection and goods going bad :)

DeletedUser13082

Not a definite mate no. As I said, I've never actually looked into it or tested it or anything like that so I can't say 100% sure. My answer is based mainly on the fact that in my houndsmoor city which is now inactive I had supplies on a 24 hour run. I logged in 24 hours after they would have been available for collection (48 hours after the time I set them) so I could dump FP in a GB and they were still there and available (I didn't collect because I couldn't be bothered to reset them and I was in a rush lol). I then logged in again the following day, a few minutes earlier, to again dump FP. While I was logged in I watched as the supplies began to go stale and it was around 72 hours total since I had set the supplies meaning that after the 24 hour time I set for them, they lasted another 48 hours after that until they went stale, which from the time I set them to the time they went stale would be 3x the set time.

Again I can't be certain but hopefully this will give a rough time scale for you :). I would however suggest that you try to calculate the times you set your supplies for in order to fit a time in which you know you will be able to collect them. This will prevent them going stale and also prevent plunder from neighbours :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Surge

Brigadier-General
If only you have attempted to search the Guides sub forum you'd find many wonderful results on how to properly play the game and, coincidentally, the answer to your question.

here are the rates, number on the left is production time while the one of the right is spoil time.
5 min → 1 h
15 min → 1 h
1 h → 2 h
4 h → 8 h
8 h → 16 h
1 d → 2 d

Belcher

Corporal
The spoil times provided by Surge are correct, and the timer starts as soon as the production is completed.