• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Rifleman looks exactly like Jaeger infantry

DeletedUser

• World: Worlds with Industrial age
  • Browser and Version: chrome/firefox
  • Overview of the bug: Rifleman unit looks exactly like Jaeger infantry
  • Screenshots:Sans titre.jpg
  • How often this occurs: Continually
  • Urgency: Mildly annoying causing some mistakes in battle strategy
  • Preventative Actions: well, reading each unit name everytime you use it.
  • Summary: Well, it's simple both units Rifleman and Jaeger infantry looks exactly the same on the battlefield.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: yes
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?: yes

DeletedUser

They don't really look exactly the same. There is a close resemblance, I guess.
But that's why you have the bar at the bottom. ;)

However, this is not a bug. Perhaps an item for feedback.

- L

DeletedUser

They don't really look exactly the same. There is a close resemblance, I guess.
But that's why you have the bar at the bottom. ;)

However, this is not a bug. Perhaps an item for feedback.

- L

the bar at the bottom is of no help at all, i'm talking about strategy at the battlefield, like i put a short ranged unit somewhere on the battle field and in the next turn you're moving your other units accordingly then and because light melee looks exactly the same (to me), you think that's a light melee that's positionned in there and you keep it there and do not retreat because you simply got confused because of the look. like i said the only way to fix this is to check every turn the full description of the unit. well maybe it's not bug but it's defently a bad artwork job, so yes, move it to feedback, thank you :)

Greywolf

Sergeant
Personally I also think it is a bit to hard to tell apart Riflemen from Jaegers on the battlefield. You need to be able to see instantly which unit is which. Right now it takes effort to distinguish them and it is easy to get confused on the battlefield.

Maybe the Riflemen can lose the backpack which would make it easier to tell them apart from Jaegers. Anyways the Rifleman picture in the unit-bar doesn't have a backpack so it would make sense to do that.

DeletedUser

For a long time I had trouble telling Archers and Legionaires apart, for some reason. I eventually got used to them..

DeletedUser3157

i find your comment very strange

What is strange about it? The units look a bit similar to each-other, just like jaeger inf and rifleman do.

Overview of the bug: Rifleman unit looks exactly like Jaeger infantry

No they do not look exactly the same. You use that word 3 times in OP already, and you could not be more wrong, as they are not identical, they just look too similar to each-other. Which would actually be some feedback(not a bug) that I could give you +1 and agree with.

DeletedUser

What is strange about it? The units look a bit similar to each-other, just like jaeger inf and rifleman do.

No they do not look exactly the same. You use that word 3 times in OP already, and you could not be more wrong, as they are not identical, they just look too similar to each-other. Which would actually be some feedback(not a bug) that I could give you +1 and agree with.

that's why i asked the moderator to move my post to feedback section or should i make a new one over there?

DeletedUser

Cant devs just change one of them to a different coat colour?
This would dissipate any similarity.

DeletedUser

I think they try to stick with a similar color scheme for each Age of units. But I agree that those two look awfully similar..