• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

REVISIT OBSERVATORY GOODS

DeletedUser99318

As the Observatory GB is a non-age building, would it be feasible to allow players to choose which era of goods they collect at each collection? The reason I ask is that, as the game goes on, it will eventually lead to all players having more Oceanic Future goods in the guild treasury than they could ever hope to spend.

It would be good if a player could choose which era goods to collect, up to and including their current era. For example, an Oceanic Future players could basically choose any era of goods at each collection (from Iron Age to their current age). A Colonial era player could choose any era up to and including Colonial.

It would give the gvg side of things a refresher as well, because guilds could start revisiting the earlier era maps and it would also make the Observatory a much more useful GB to have. Currently, it is made obsolete with the Atomium and the Arc which both produce a lot more goods.

Anyway, just a thought to make this Gb a bit more user friendly and more relevant.

DeletedUser110131

There's a simple cure for the problems you're referring to: Have lower era players in your guild. Alternatively, you can have lower era players on your friends list, and trade them for lower era goods.

If you insist on having only players from one specific era in your guild, there are going to be disadvantages. That's the thing with strategy games; everything is a trade-off.

Furthermore, making it easier for guilds with nothing but high level players to compete in lower era GvG, will ruin the opportunities for lower era players to take part at all. If you're in Oceanic Future, you have a more than sufficient advantage already.

DeletedUser108047

I can see both sides of the argument although I think @Einrikr has it right.

One possibility would be to make it possible for an Obs to produce lower age goods for a price. That price should be severe (and only a 24 hour change) enough to retain balance as @Einrikr suggests. The price could be a one off 24 hr boost from a tavern, diamonds, or a stonking pile of higher age goods for example. Another price could be the loss of the defence value for a period of time in exchange for the ability to produce lower age goods....

DeletedUser110195

Or.....you could do like some of my guild leaders do and produce the goods yourselves....setting aside an area specifically for building old goods buildings, produce several tons of each good you have the boost for, if everyone in your guild did this, then donated those old goods, surely you would have more than enough to do whatever.

DeletedUser102246

You could bring game balance to the Observatory "switching eras" for the goods it produces--Retooling time. Consider how long it would take in the real world to set up an authentic Medieval craft shop and train the workers. So....

Take the building offline for 24 hours for every era you go backwards or forwards to "retool". This would make such changes a lot rarer and help balance the number of goods produced.

DeletedUser108047

I think the 'retooling' concept has some merit. There has been some discussion about a downgrade kit (the opposite of a renovation kit) - the retooling concept would be a useful balancing element there as well