• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Removal of free loaders on GBs

firesmudge

Private
Is it possible to remove those free loaders on GB's who reap vast rewards by donating a single point on great buildings. I have a regular visitor who does this all the time unfortunately I can't return the favour as he has little. It would be a great joy to remove him each time he donates

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Sure - just have people donate more than him and kick him down to 6th (or below) so he gets no rewards. If he always donates a single Fp, then this should be easy to do.

firesmudge

Private
I do that already but as I have multiple buildings, I sometimes miss his donation and he gets lucky which is annoying. I keep attacking and plundering only him but wish there was a way of removing players like this. Looks like a suggestion is to come out of this for the designers

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
If this player is in your neighborhood - no worries, it reshuffles every 2 weeks, and you get a new selection of players like this (and possibly a selection that has no players like this). If this player is on your friends list - easy thing, unfriend the player. If the player is in your guild - talk to your guild or find a new guild.
And really - so what if that player gets lucky as a freeloader? How does that bother your game? Worst case scenario - it costs you 1 less FP to level up a building (ergo, there is no loss to you at all - you only gain, even if it is just an immaterial gain). If you have friends to level buildings up with, then this freeloader will not matter. Best thing you can do - is only unlock a new level on a GB when you are ready to use it. Otherwise, leave your GBs locked up.

Bridgeman55

Private
Is it possible to remove those free loaders on GB's who reap vast rewards by donating a single point on great buildings.
Perhaps, "freeloader" is a bit strong.

If you level-up a GB with fewer than 5 contributors ... you're leaving rewards on the table (5 contributors maximize the profit to you and the guild).
It's a classic case of "boats in the bathtub" ... more water and all the boats rise ... a win-win all round.
There is no such thing as "bad advertising" ... helping your enemies may turn them into friends down the line.

I befriended numerous big players in the beginning ... and a 1 FP 5th place can have massive returns on a 50+ level GB.
The consequences can be quite dramatic ... tossing you headlong into fame and fortune ... when you might have preferred a little bit more fun in the village than great success in the big city.

Newer worlds are much more egalitarian (and more fair) since you all start together ... but inequality inspires people to greatness.
Nothing beats a little competition to get the creative juices flowing.

It's all good
Bridgeman55

firesmudge

Private
Perhaps, "freeloader" is a bit strong.

If you level-up a GB with fewer than 5 contributors ... you're leaving rewards on the table (5 contributors maximize the profit to you and the guild).
It's a classic case of "boats in the bathtub" ... more water and all the boats rise ... a win-win all round.
There is no such thing as "bad advertising" ... helping your enemies may turn them into friends down the line.

I befriended numerous big players in the beginning ... and a 1 FP 5th place can have massive returns on a 50+ level GB.
The consequences can be quite dramatic ... tossing you headlong into fame and fortune ... when you might have preferred a little bit more fun in the village than great success in the big city.

Newer worlds are much more egalitarian (and more fair) since you all start together ... but inequality inspires people to greatness.
Nothing beats a little competition to get the creative juices flowing.

It's all good
Bridgeman55
I would say it's a good expression considering the player in questions does it constantly to many people and also levels GB's for fun thus stopping double collection. We all have our views but there has to be some sense of fair play and a moral code for me, it's a game after all but still should have some chivalry if that makes sense.

Knight of ICE

I would say it's a good expression considering the player in questions does it constantly to many people and also levels GB's for fun thus stopping double collection. We all have our views but there has to be some sense of fair play and a moral code for me, it's a game after all but still should have some chivalry if that makes sense.

You plunder him and you ask for chivalry and a moral code? He levels your GB's to stop you double colecting. That totally looks like fair play to me.