• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: Redress the imbalance of combat GBs

DeletedUser10205

Proposal:
Make Defence GBs give the Defending units both a defence and attack bonus while defending.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea
Nothing similar plenty on equalling or changing combat but not this idea.

Reason:
Attack GBs like Zeus and Aachen give a bonus to both the attacking units Attack and Defence
BUT Defence GBs like St Basils and Deal Castle only add to the defenders defence not to the defenders attack in defence which is a very basic imbalance to combat making the defender chance of winning while defending highly unlikely. as any counter attack does minimal if any damage to the attacker.

Details:
Simply make the Defence GBs add the bonus both to the defending troops defence and attack

Visual Aids:
None

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
This will rebalance the combat situation that exists at present, the other alternative would be to make Attack GBs only add there bonus too attack and not too the defence of the attacking units.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10205

You would think by now then the idea would have been accepted and implemented.

It is a ridiculous imbalance in any strategy war-game to have units that have a huge defence but no retaliation ability, they just sit there slowly taking damage and due to the attacker having a huge defence as well as attack ability they sustain no damage and slowly kill off the defenders units one by one till they win without a single unit lost or even a unit damaged in some cases.

DeletedUser1081

But alchemi2, the defender's huge advantage is that s/he doesn't actually lose any units, and (with a good lineup) can do damage to one attacker after another all day every day. If the GB defense boosts were "evened up" the way you suggest, wouldn't it be right to make it so the defender also loses troops, and stands to gain points for a successful defense? And would that be a good trade-off from the defenders' point of view? I'm not sure.

Of course, the counter to that is "but we can't control our own defense, so we shouldn't have to lose troops" - true enough, but as long as that's the way the game is set up, I don't think "evening up" the defense boosts is the road to a fair balance.

DeletedUser10205

The defender didn't start the battle, gains no battle points, did not control their units, and cannot plunder the attacker even if they win the battle.

The simple fact is an attacker with a 100% boost to both attack and defence beats a defender who has a 200% defence.
Not only do they win they win generally without the loss of a single unit or even any damage too their units, no skill involved many just hit the auto fight button as they know their units will not be killed.

The victorious attacker then has 24 hours to keep visiting in the hopes of gaining plunder generally goods.

That is not balanced or in anyway fair.

The two defence GBs should simply be made like the 3 attack GBs and add 5% to both defence and attack in defence rather than just 10% which is basically useless in the long term.
Attacker would still have the advantage of a player moving their troops and can gain a higher overall boost to their attack.

Defenders maybe able to get a boost defence with the watchfire but that should remain just a defence thing. Onlt the GBs should be altered.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

good job we got lots of eggs at easter and bought watch towers

DeletedUser10205

But again watchtowers do you no good long term as against a boosted attacker your units defence will take damage and they will NOT be able to damage the attacker as they have no attack boost and the attacker has a high defence as will as attack.

DeletedUser

when you have 152% worth of watch towers(38) like myself a deal castle and a basil fully levelled plus a monastery
372% def nobody will want to attack you.

DeletedUser13805

i do my hood of 80 each day there huge defence boosts are more than enough to do me damage and make me work hours to complete my hood. they should simply get rid of all aids to combat no castle boosts at all that would be fair for all instead of the monsters we have now.

DeletedUser1081

The defender didn't start the battle, gains no battle points, did not control their units, and cannot plunder the attacker even if they win the battle.

True. But it still seems to me that "evening things up" would mean revamping the whole PvP system, not just adjusting the defense boosts. I've gotten used to it the way it currently works, and don't mind it that much.