• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Recurring quest "Unbirthday Party" instantly completes

DeletedUser106918

• World: any
  • Browser and Version: Chrome/43.0.2357.132
  • Overview of the bug: Sometimes, when the quest pops up, you're forced to pay the supplies and coins and receive the reward instantly.
  • How often this occurs: So far, it looks like it happens if you receive the quest either while another window is opened (a goods building for example) or you just closed another window.
  • Urgency: Quite. I'd love to have control over where I spend my resources.

Edit: Here's a video.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

I have experienced the same as well (same circumstances, was setting my Urban Farms on a 1-day production it automatically paid the quest for me when I was planning on aborting it).

DeletedUser12400

I have experienced the same as well (same circumstances, was setting my Urban Farms on a 1-day production it automatically paid the quest for me when I was planning on aborting it).

Same story.

DeletedUser16026

Thank you for reporting this to us. Especially thanks for the video. Have reported this to the developers (FOE-27159).

DeletedUser106918

This was supposed to be fixed in 1.57, but it's still happening.

Actually, most quests seem to go crazy when you have another window opened. For example, finished quests tend to give their reward and trigger the next quest without notifying you.
Say you completed a quest that requires you to collect gold. Then the green check mark appears next to it. If you open another window now (a production menu, army management, whatever), the quest adds the rewards and opens the next quest, silently in the background.

Another thing to note is that sometimes quest windows will pop up twice, for example the reward window will re-open after closing it (but won't give the reward twice).

DeletedUser16026

Those are two separate issues, the one included in 1.57 was indeed fixed. It just happens that the behavior is pretty much the same although the source of it is different.