• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

railgun and drone swarm

DeletedUser16126

If I see the features of both then I see:
- railgun (artillery): ignores all defensive skills
- drone swarm: cannot be attacked by artillery

These 2 are contradictory. So which of these 2 rules overrules the other one???
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

DeletedUser914

rail gun wins :p

and good that the flying against artillery gvg abuse ends

you should take a better look at the battles :rolleyes:

I dont have neither of both. just draw conclusions on description. How can a drone swarm loose when it cannot be attacked by artillary? :confused:

DeletedUser96901

I dont have neither of both. just draw conclusions on description. How can a drone swarm loose when it cannot be attacked by artillary? :confused:
railgun CAN attack drone swarm

that is how it works
why ? who knows

DeletedUser16126

What's a drone swarm..
Most unuseful unit in Future era: fast unit, rapid deployment, range 1!!!

DeletedUser16026

If I see the features of both then I see:
- railgun (artillery): ignores all defensive skills
- drone swarm: cannot be attacked by artillery

These 2 are contradictory. So which of these 2 rules overrules the other one???
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Drone Swarm's skill is a defensive skill. Therefore the Rail Gun's power shot will ignore that skill.

DeletedUser16126

@darkstar:
And a railgun is an artillery unit.
And the drone swarm cannot be attacked by artillery units.

this reasoning is as valid, so both are contradictory as I already indicated....
The answer that the railgun overrules the other capabilities is more valid than your response....

DeletedUser16026

The Drone Swarm has Flying, which is a defensive ability.
The Rail Gun has Power Shot, which lets it ignore defensive abilities. Hence this one overrules the other one.

It's a similar case with the units who have the Stealth ability and cannot be attacked from range, but then you have units with the Blast ability that ignores the Stealth ability and -can- attack them from range.

DeletedUser914

Now I got it. Drone swarm cannot be attacked by all artillary as defensive ability. However: Rail guns ignore defensive abilities and are in that case an exception of the rule. :p

DeletedUser100832

drone swarm can be filed away in the same category as the anti-material sniper, the missile artillery and strike team

'the godawful' category

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
drone swarm can be filed away in the same category as the anti-material sniper, the missile artillery and strike team

'the godawful' category

Strike Teams are one of the best units ever. I did most of the FE map using 8 of them in the attacking army....they have the first turn, have decent range, and can hide in forests. Careful target selection will ensure enough will survive both enemy waves.

DeletedUser96901

The Drone Swarm has Flying, which is a defensive ability.
The Rail Gun has Power Shot, which lets it ignore defensive abilities. Hence this one overrules the other one.

It's a similar case with the units who have the Stealth ability and cannot be attacked from range, but then you have units with the Blast ability that ignores the Stealth ability and -can- attack them from range.
and why is Reactive Armor not ignored ?

DeletedUser16026

The drone swarm is pretty useless. It's a bit like "let slip the mosquitoes of war". They start early but they don't hit much because of their pitiful range. Bad move, Inno!

They're great versus ranged/artillery units. Just not that useful vs other units. That's the case for most of the "fast" units in the game.