• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Raging in real life

DeletedUser2456

Rage - Do you get it?
Hello!
Everyone in there lifetime must get a bit of rage playing an console game or some board game! We've all been there. Coming so close to finally completing some segment of a game after having retried countless times over and over, only to make some small mistake and be forced to start the process all over again. Everyone who has been playing games since at least the 8-bit era has reached their breaking point at some point and completely lost their temper. Oftentimes, something expensive gets broken in the wake of their unbridled fury.

Now, I personally don't have too many stories to tell (I'm pretty even-tempered), but I always love hearing gamer freakout stories. We've all seen videos of kids going absolutely apecrap over a game, but let's just stick to personal stories in this thread.

Since I have to provide my own example to start us off, here's the worst one I can think of:

1) Something really annoying happens.
2) Raise fist/controller.
3) Turn towards something hard (closet/wall/etc.)
4) Re-think the situation and go back to playing calmly.
5) Rage Qutting in around 100th of a second
6) Turning off the Xbox
7) Screaming

Whats your story :)

DeletedUser65

Im somewhat of atrophy hunter on the ps3. My story has to do wit mercanaries 2 for the ps. There is one trophy which requires you to capture alive all 50 HVT(high value targets) i was up to 42 when my mate came online so i set my game to public for him to join. Everything was fine until he left, then some noob joined my game and immediatley started launching RPG's into a nearby enemy base, so he killed all the enemy in the base and the game auto-saved, i wandered into the base to see the bloody corrpse of HVT 43 on the ground. 120+ hours down the drain and €50 for a new controller. 2 years later im still missing that trophy grrrrrr

DeletedUser2456

M2 Is a good game!
I just generally hate it when the noobs come out of nowhere and they just do the most stupidest thing and the rage overtakes!

Surge

Brigadier-General
MAG for the PS3: I die, some guy revives me in the middle of a firefight, I stand up and in a nano-second, I die. Revived, die again. Revived, die again. Yeah sure you get points for reviving team mates, but you only waste time and make both people rage. And of course, the hilarity of your opponent ensues.

Final Fantasy 12 for the PS2: Yiazmat. Or that's his name? The 50mil HP boss that took over 5 CONSECUTIVE HOURS of MANUAL control. And that was generous, considering you have to be max level and have the best gear. Otherwise, up to 12 or so hours. Well, I died. Pretty far in the battle. I never got to beat him/it.

Demon's Souls for the PS3: Never should have bought such a difficult game as this. VERY difficult. Maybe I just suck.

Assassin's Creed 2 PS3 version: Another trophy plat I missed. One trophy that required you to collect all 100 feathers in the game. Stop giving me collection jobs! I hate them.

League of Legends: I can just suck, I can just end up with others who are very skilled, and I die too much afterwards. I quit after I received my maximum dose of rage from a single game.

DeletedUser

Battlefield Bad Company 2: I received a message from a player inviting me to a private game, I was bored, and decided to go ahead, and follow. I joined the game, it was him, and about 12 of his friends. We started playing the map, I am sneaking around corners, being extra quiet not to let my enemies hear my footsteps. Then I realize I here about 5 sets of footsteps while I walk. I turn around, and 5 of my teammates are stalking me with tracer pistols. I also realize I am covered in flashing red darts, so much for sneaking, lol. Anyway, I then turn back around, and Boom, 6 enemies staring at me, I get shot, and die horribly. The bad thing is I hear no shooting going on after that, seems my teammates are traitors. A medic comes up, and revives me, I then get shot again, I get revived, shot again, and this goes on for about 30 minutes. I had enough time to go get some coffee, check the mail, read some of the paper, and take the dog out for a walk.

After I thought they gave up, I then revived at a random spawn, then I noticed all of my teammates were dead, and spawned in with me, and shot me with tracers yet again. The enemy comes over, shoots me with their own tracers, and starts shooting rockets across the map, and blowing me up. This revive die cycle begins again. I never broke my controller, but I was really close to doing that.

DeletedUser

I'm a trophy (you know there's a word for it but I can't say it.. imagine) the title is Trophy Who*e.. I am one :P though haven't played in a few months.

on topic.

I am pretty much even tempered...

Except when a game is so badly designed.. LIKE SKYRIM.. OMG.. THAT GAME.. I COULD.. I COULD... EXPLODE AT THE THOUGHT.. rage over.. if any game ever brought out rage in me it was very recently.. I am a huge fan of Assassins Creed.. and when Revelations came out, I of course being a trophy collector too wanted to platinum it like the other assassin games.. but.. there was a glitch.. and the glitch was to collect all books (can't remember specifics) but I did that and the trophy didn't unlock.. checked it out online and it was of course a glitch.. and the only way to get that trophy was to restart the game and get about half a million just to get the books.. to do that I'd have to play though again.. I raged and kicked my ps3.. took the disc out and put it in it's case.. I was disappointed with Revelations anyway but I'm sure I'll go back and play it again when it's not fresh in my mind and it'll be a challenge again..

DeletedUser

I don't get so upset anymore. I used to play a lot of games like comand and conquer, Dune II, Starcraft I, etc etc and they used to really really wind me up. Perhaps I wasn't very good at them, or perhaps just too slow. Much scrreaming, shouting, swearing and occasionally breaking things. I'm much more into MMOs and Bethesda like products now and find they have a slower pace, and I rarely get annoyed anymore.

I think my worst moment was tearing a PC controller out of the back of PC, holding it by the wire, swinging it around my head very very fast and smashing it to little pieces on the wall.

My son when he was 12 trashed a VERY expensive high quality PC sound system by getting annoyed at some game he was playing and giving the bass/amp unit under the desk a damned good kicking.

Edit: Dasttii - whats wrong with Skyrim. I have played it rhrough twice slowly and thoroughly. It is excellent. And the player interface is without equal in the world of PC gaming :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I've played quite some console games and different consoles, but I don't see myself raging very hard.
When I'm playing MMORPG's and there's the more than occasional bunch of noobs screwing up your game play, I just leave lol.

I never was one for PvP really, but some friends persuaded me into playing some in an MMORPG, and I'm a very competitive person.. trying PvP for the first time..
I don't think people would recognize me if they saw me playing PvP xD
Swearing and heavy breathing ensues to a point where I have to take a break or I'd toss my desk with computer and all through the window, followed by a rage scream. :P

- Lodroth

DeletedUser653

I think the last true rage was on a Sinclair ZX spectrum, I had just finished 3 days of typing code in from some games mag and then found the program was not working, so very carefully reviewed all 3000 odd lines of programming found a couple of spelling error and corrected. Still no joy, reviewed twice more and it was perfect but still would not run.
So I had put about 20 hours into this very simple game and it was not working - I was really irritated by that point but the rage came a day later with the next issue of the magazine printing a correction to the program and a short apology!

Kinect and Xbox does not tend to lead to rage as your too busy!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

How about...the waiter comes with a cup on a tray:
- Coffee? Tea?
Me:
-Coffee!
Waiter:
-You guessed wrong...it's tea! o_O