• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[RAGE POST] you all know this one

DeletedUser

look, this has been getting to me for a few days now, i know, i'm letting it get to me, i should just LET IT GO!

but it still annoys me... :mad:

i've got a big, rambling industrial city, totally over-maxed out on victorian housing and i wobbled it a bit and had angry people everywhere - it happens. i'm just 4 content people short and an obelisk will do the trick while my brand new water pumping station grows up out the ground.

do you know how good that feels? you're surrounded by an angry, screaming mob...

OKAY, EVERYBODY, CALM DOWN.

PUT DOWN THE PLACARDS. PUT THOSE BURNING BRANDS OUT, FIRE IS A HEALTH AND SAFETY ISSUE. BE CAREFUL WITH THOSE POINTED STICKS YOU MIGHT HURT SOMEBODY

yes like me...

RIGHT. NOW. I'VE JUST SPENT 70 OF YOUR TAXPAYERS HARD EARNT GOLD COINS ON THIS LARGE LUMP OF CARVED GRANITE SITTING HERE CALLED AN OBELISK.

DO YOU FEEL HAPPIER NOW?

YOU DO? GOOD. LET'S ALL GO HOME AND HAVE A CUP OF TEA NOW, OFF YOU GO.

2 minutes later and some total spannerhead - in my guild - not a neighbour, they're all quite sensible mostly and won't do this out of spite - this was a guildie - polishes it... :rolleyes:

what about my natural history museum, chance of a nice industrial blueprint? nope... polishes an obelisk.

what about my trading company, maybe after the colonial blueprint instead? nope... polishes an obelisk.

maybe has a thing about polishing 1x1 decorations, how about this industrial gas lamp? NO! polishes a freakin' ...

NYEAAAAARRRRRGH!!!!!

okay. i feel better now. seriously. much better.

thank you, you've been a great audience, your god or goddess go with you, good night.

___
tracey

it should be legal to stab idiots with forks. it's legal to stab bacon with a fork. some people aren't even as bright as their breakfast...

DeletedUser

Well, there are 3 reasons for someone to polish an obelisk:
1) Mistake/misclick, wanted to click something usefull but didnt.
2) Don't care - that covers 90% of players. It usually happens with new players they jsut fly through the hood to get their 20gold.
3) Intentional. As the top of my world I used to get this quite a lot, so did the other top guys. The lowbies want their 20gold but don't want to reward you for plundering their goods. The other high rated players might do that so you dont get enough happiness for a 120% PvP battle or resporce collection.

The added benefit of #3 is that it usually infuriates the recipient. Judging by your post the guy who polished your obelisk got an A++ for his effort this time ;)

DeletedUser

Well, there are 3 reasons for someone to polish an obelisk:
1) Mistake/misclick, wanted to click something usefull but didnt. 3) Intentional

i've done (1), who hasn't? you're trying to drag and not let go of the mouse button - it happens, but these days i try and pin the cursor on something large and possibly useful before dragging the screen. a 1x1 in a city with only the obEaster decorations to accidentally hit takes doing. and yes, i've done 3.) to make a point to somebody who i was motivating and still plundered me, they gave in and we're good friends who just honour duel now.

The added benefit of #3 is that it usually infuriates the recipient. Judging by your post the guy who polished your obelisk got an A++ for his effort this time ;)
therapy! it cost me nothing and you got to laugh at me! what's not to like? :)

DeletedUser12633

Ahahah poor tracey :(
Also a polished obelisk can't get an egg. It is SO annoying.
I get people polishing my oldest 1x1 too.
Oh well. It will be gone in 24 hours (STILL annoying though) :eek:

DeletedUser

I don't mind my neighbors doing it. I've had my guildmates (I'm in a small guild, mind you) polishing my flower tub before...

DeletedUser

Just a question for the opening poster:

I know it was just a bit of a rant, but why an obelisk? How about a bit of road that gives happiness but cannot be polished? Are you that . . thrifty? But that is a lesson to the rest of us, if you don't want it polished then do not put it there.

DeletedUser10537

I know, I know it's annoying but I do not mind as decoration will not last beyond the easter event.. except my lovely watchfire tower....

DeletedUser

Just a question for the opening poster:
I know it was just a bit of a rant, but why an obelisk? How about a bit of road that gives happiness but cannot be polished? Are you that . . thrifty? But that is a lesson to the rest of us, if you don't want it polished then do not put it there.

am i that mean and stingy? :D darn right i am!

the industrial era is far less road intensive than previous eras and i have a large surplus of road sections currently - which i can't delete due to happiness issues. the water works (and a second one) will finally shift me back to a sensible population/culture ratio, but i admit i went a total bundle on victorian housing all at once - when a more gradual approach to replacement would have left me with far less headaches. i'm blonde, sue me.

not that i don't try. my profile asks for my houses to be motivated. my city name is "MOTIVATE PLEASE". the massive demolition job left me with an embarrassingly large space so i arranged road sections to say
MOT PLS
in big letters on the ground.

i get polishes, my gas lamp has just been polished again. by a guildie too. water works, police station, natural history museum, nope, i've got a shiny gaslamp...

do you know what this game needs, a large, flashing billboard, that's what. 1950's giant billboards over the town in neon lights saying

MOTIVATE NOW!
SAVE KITTENS!

i'd honestly pay diamonds - and lots of them - for that if i thought it would make any difference...

<sigh> who am i kidding? just me. i'd still have shiny gaslamps...

___
tracey

"The fleet's all lit up - it's all lit up." (repeated five times)
- roaring drunk on the BBC, Lt.Cdr.T.Woodrooffe, Spithead Naval Review May 1937

DeletedUser

do you know what this game needs, a large, flashing billboard, that's what. 1950's giant billboards over the town in neon lights saying

MOTIVATE NOW!
SAVE KITTENS!
:) Too bad, I don't like kittens. Btw, with this being april fool I intended to try to friend you and polish your obelisk, leaving here this as comment:
9awz0g.png

unfortunately(or fortunately), you are not on my world or don'y use the same nick ;)

DeletedUser3157

I accidently just misclicked when expanding and it got placed to about absolute terrible place towards which I never planned to expand. I feel as if this is the right thread to come.

DeletedUser15986

I accidently just misclicked when expanding and it got placed to about absolute terrible place towards which I never planned to expand. I feel as if this is the right thread to come.

You too? I click-held to scroll after buying an expansion and all of a sudden I had a forlorn square in a useless place. Seriously, I couldn't possibly have chosen a worse place even if I tried. Had to wait for two more expansions before I could use it with any degree of efficiency.