• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Quitting

DeletedUser99520

Thats it I have come to the point where I can't move forward anymore after nearly one year of play (as I am not a diamond buyer) Innogames has not worked hard enough on getting the balance of the game right.
I have struggled for ages as the lowest ranked player in our hood (after at least 10 merges) :mad: What little enjoyment I did get from playing has gone.

How do you Quit? (delete your account)? can I just delete everything apart from the Town Hall?

Good luck to all those who struggle on (Diamond buyer or non Diamond buyer) and good luck to Innogames and hope you get the game balanced in the end .....

Thanks to all those who have been supportive here and in-game :)

DeletedUser99520

Just a thought - Would it be OK to pass my account on to another player in my alliance? or is this not allowed?

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I doubt very much TudorT really gives a hoot about the rules, as she is quitting :)

Sorry to see you go - even though I don't know you I always find it a bit sad to see cities razed to the ground and farewell profile messages - especially from long-time players....and it's become an all too familiar sight these days :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

How do you Quit? (delete your account)? can I just delete everything apart from the Town Hall?
That's not really deleting your account. I would literally just leave it there untouched to rot (maybe with a farewell message in your profile) just in case you do decide to return and you would be leaving your GBs open for others to donate and gain BPs

DeletedUser

Hi .

You can delete your account if so you wish but then you can never EVER retrieve it.
Change is effective within a few hours to 48hrs in total.
Your account literally speaking and your towns in all worlds will all be deleted..
and you will show as "deleted" in people's GBs lists of contributors.

DeletedUser65

I doubt very much TudorT really gives a hoot about the rules, as she is quitting :)

Correct , but the person she gives the account to might care when both accounts get banned for breaking the rules

DeletedUser99520

Hi .

You can delete your account if so you wish but then you can never EVER retrieve it.
Change is effective within a few hours to 48hrs in total.
Your account literally speaking and your towns in all worlds will all be deleted..
and you will show as "deleted" in people's GBs lists of contributors.

Yes this is what I will do if I cannot hand my account over to to some one who can use it as it seems a shame after all the time and effort to just 'delete it'

I am not saying that the person who takes the account should run 2 accounts but maybe he/she has a friend who would like to join FoE and it would be at the advanced level of this account.
Maybe this could be done via a game Moderator ? So that no 'Skulduggery' can be performed by either parties involved?

I did first post this in the main Forum in hope that a Moderator would have some idea or even just have a positive answer - But it just got moved to a 'Soap Box' lol .... Well I suppose its better than most in this Colditz style forum the others get Closed or even just deleted.

If the rules say an account must not be passed over to another human being. Why not? - I gave my old car to my daughter when I brought my new one and she was very happy .

Wise-Up FoE!

DeletedUser4089

If the rules say an account must not be passed over to another human being. Why not? - I gave my old car to my daughter when I brought my new one and she was very happy .

Wise-Up FoE!

I would think it's something like: You owned the car, you don't own the game account.

Also, as to the move, "Goodbye/Quitting" threads go to the soapbox as they're not really a discussion about the game, more of a farewell to friends and fellow players.

DeletedUser4089

Then it looks like my only option is to delete.

As others have suggested, it may be wise to just stop playing and not delete your account/sell everything. I know a few players that deleted their account/sold off everything. Came back 6 months later and decided to play again and felt terrible starting from scratch.

But whatever you choose, good luck in your travels and hopefully we'll see you around sometime.

DeletedUser99520

As others have suggested, it may be wise to just stop playing and not delete your account/sell everything. I know a few players that deleted their account/sold off everything. Came back 6 months later and decided to play again and felt terrible starting from scratch.

But whatever you choose, good luck in your travels and hopefully we'll see you around sometime.

Yeah I agree Bartimaeus. Its a shame there isn't a Vacation Mode available that just freezes the account.

Thanks and good luck to you too.

DeletedUser

Well.

You have 2 options, disconnect/abandon, or delete your account altogether.
It's entirely up to you to choose, at the end of the day nobody's forcing you to leave (or to stay).

I am also concerned about giving the link in this forum (on how to delete) because I don't want to be banned for encouraging it.

I would like to say that I don't know many people who deleted their accounts - personally I did it and I survived. I had enough of this rat race, we have too much of that in the real world already !! I had enough of these politics between guilds, of this competition, jealousy, drama from the guildies and from other players who were only here to troll others (oh, they are still here btw) and it was no longer a game, it was like a job, I was having a real overdose.

So I did destroy what took me a LONG time to build, it was a shock to the system but you know what ? I realised I needed it and I survived it and no, I don't regret it (lots of people who have NOT left will tell you that you will regret it. Well, sorry to say but if they haven't deleted an account themselves before, how do they know?? This is called an assumption.)

And when I came back, I had disappeared from everyone's life, i was a happy bunny, it was only taking me 5-10FPs to unlock a tech, not 100, I was moving through the ages and accomplishing some little victories that made me happy at the end of the day, the pleasure was back, and the pleasure was more genuine. I was done with conflicts of interests and people behaving in an utterly hypocrit way. I was far away from the competition, the drama, the trouble, and hell , no I don't regret it. So just remember that it's all a matter of perspective. You will regret being at the top of a ranking maybe ? You will regret not having a GB anymore ? Hum... oh well, you've been there before and you've grown since, if you did it once, then you can do it twice. It's only a game, at the end of the day.

If that sounds too extreme for you then you can just simply leave your town to rot. Yep that can be seen as an extended vacation after all, you wont have a guild anymore, wont produce, your friends will remove you from their list. But you can still come back one day in the future. That is a bit hard if you're addicted to the game (like many people) because you will always be tempted to come back and check on a few stuff. But you can still try. I am not encourageing any of the solutions, I'm just telling my story in the light of what you're willing to do and I think it is important that we share experiences all together.

On a different note re: moving the post, I do not buy the explanation. There is a goodbye thread in Houndsmoor (for Lord Zand) and a "deleting Account" in Questions/FAQs too. A more thorough search would probably dig out more of those threads spread all around the forum.. .... Pardon my cynism but is it the timing ? is it a case of being zealous ?
Sorry but I have to let out my feelings too on that one...

Anyway I haven't posted the link on here by fear of retaliation against me but with a little "research" you should be able to find your way IF and only IF this is your eventual choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99520

Might try that one Singy2002 Thanks ....
Wow!NutMadder some really good points raised and very interesting too ... Thanks