• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Quick question on clearing the CA map

DeletedUser

What's the fastest way to clear the CA map? I read somewhere that Dragoons are pretty good with this. Just Dragoons? Or couple them up with other units?

Thanks.

DeletedUser6965

the fastest way would be to conquer all provinces of worldmap during u are in LMA like I did :D
If u already done all researches.. I would say against all range-units use rangers. But sure Dragoons would be another good option if u have enough coins/supplies. Field guns are really bad.. they need 3 shots to kill a musket.

DeletedUser

the fastest way would be to conquer all provinces of worldmap during u are in LMA like I did :D
If u already done all researches.. I would say against all range-units use rangers. But sure Dragoons would be another good option if u have enough coins/supplies. Field guns are really bad.. they need 3 shots to kill a musket.

I would like to know how you managed to beat 8 dragoons on continent map with LMA units and what units you used to do that.

DeletedUser6965

I would like to know how you managed to beat 8 dragoons on continent map with LMA units and what units you used to do that.

just 8 great sword warriors ;) It's easy when u know how :D just go forward and attack the units, don't hide back.

Even if my Thread is german, u can take a look on my units I used here: http://forum.de.forgeofempires.com/...runter-und-Tipps&p=51225&viewfull=1#post51225
My first post in this thread explains my strategy.. but if u don't speak german it won't help u :D

DeletedUser6965

Google translate will ;)

uhm :D good luck xD
I tried it and.. it seems possible to understand, but it's a horrible translation :D
E.g in german archer means "bogenschütze"(~bowshooter), but "schützen" means also "to protect" :D, so google translates it sometimes with "protect".
Then google translates "fernkämpfer"(~range-fighter), with ranger, so when there is written "ranger" I mean all ranged units and not the CA-unit :D

And so on... so u can try to translate it, but it's hard to understand :D

All in all my tips base on the explanation of the AI and how to outsmart them.

DeletedUser

Always go with has many units that have advantage over the sector's units. Like Serpens66 said, use 8 light melee against 8 fast units. 8 short range vs 8 heavy melee (and hide behind water, forest, etc).

Every battle is winnable, some are just harder than others.

DeletedUser3157

just 8 great sword warriors ;) It's easy when u know how :D just go forward and attack the units, don't hide back.

Even if my Thread is german, u can take a look on my units I used here: http://forum.de.forgeofempires.com/...runter-und-Tipps&p=51225&viewfull=1#post51225
My first post in this thread explains my strategy.. but if u don't speak german it won't help u :D

Really nice. Sad I never saved any of my battles, would have loved to compare. Toughest fight of em all was prolly the 5 dragoon 3 rangers one for me, made me think if how 5 dragoons 3 greneiders could be the best defense combo in game. Like there is nothing good to fight it with at all, high losses always quranteed. Or would the greneiders be still too slow and better off staying with those rangers, not sure. The last screenshot of grand cap, the 4 dragoons 4 FG. If you still remember, care to explain what you did with the 1 HK there exactly? That's the one I couldn't beat, kept trying it with 8 GS over and over until I just gave up and negotiated it.

DeletedUser6965

Really nice. Sad I never saved any of my battles, would have loved to compare. Toughest fight of em all was prolly the 5 dragoon 3 rangers one for me, made me think if how 5 dragoons 3 greneiders could be the best defense combo in game. Like there is nothing good to fight it with at all, high losses always quranteed. Or would the greneiders be still too slow and better off staying with those rangers, not sure. The last screenshot of grand cap, the 4 dragoons 4 FG. If you still remember, care to explain what you did with the 1 HK there exactly? That's the one I couldn't beat, kept trying it with 8 GS over and over until I just gave up and negotiated it.

Thx =) Yes the sector with 5dragoons and 3 rangers was hard, though I don't remember the exact fight..:D But I can imagine, that grenadiers would be to slow.. depending on the battlefield of course. But high losses would be quranteed, yes. (But I haven't fought with CA-units yet, so I don't know, how the fight would be if u also use rangers+muskets ^^)

Grand Cap: http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...0-and-field-gun-everywhere!!!&highlight=grand
I don't remebmer my strategy, but as I posted there it was luck :D And I think I only used this 1HK because I had no 8th GS :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3157

Well the key with greneiders would be their bonus against enemy light melee they need to be using to counter dragoons. If they can reach in time and do not get retaled due to ranged hit, it's gonna be nasty. With CA units all the base problems would still remain - there would be too many dragoons to keep your musketeers safe, they get reached making your ranged army part too weak to deal with 2nd wave of incoming enemy melee without further losses to your remaining melee units since you become forced to use them. Or atleast that was my hope when think of that defense back then. That was before I got my first greneider from reward :P

Unfourtunetly though, all this combat strategy talk has become much less relevent since military GPs came out. What those buildings can do has rendered most finer stratgies to dust.

DeletedUser6965

Unfourtunetly though, all this combat strategy talk has become much less relevent since military GPs came out. What those buildings can do has rendered most finer stratgies to dust.

Hmm.. But I would like to compete with someone with some bonus and kicking in his ass without bonus :D (as long it's not more than 100% bonus)
I think the battle-system needs a improvement.. In my neighbourhoods nobody is attacking me =(...and there is only one diamonduser (one who use only a few diamonds)
I think it would be better, if there would be a voluntary battleground. All who want to fight and compete with each other, can go there and can fight against each other. No matter which neihgbourhood :)

DeletedUser7719

make sure you leave one province and one sector for the Christmas quests