• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Quests

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Whats the point of those pesky quests?

Besides the conquest ones, i don't see any benefits to do them. As a matter of fact, i find that we pay more to do the quest than it pay out.

What's the point?

DeletedUser1378

I have scored a large amount of gold and supplies with the quests when I have badly needed them. Also, I acquired goods at times when I didn't even have that particular building built yet and was able to advance further in the grid. My advice is to do most of the early ones and pick and choose some of the later ones. I am toward the end of the early middle age and one quest wanted me to pay out 2500 in supplies, which I def need right now, as a territory offering. I was reluctant to do it as the payout was gold, but after that, the next two quests more than doubled what I shelled out for the supplies. Keep doing them but also keep conquering the territories. They will pay off eventually.

DeletedUser276

The quests can help subsidize your production. If your going to build a tannery then a quest that says build a tannery and we will pay you 3000 gold sounds pretty awesome rather than building the tannery and getting zip back in return.

DeletedUser

Yeap, i like the quests too, especially when my advisors read my mind and say: Conquer more territories, conquer the world .. and even i'm rewarded for that. :D

DeletedUser

The thing is for me, i have paid out more gold and expended more resources than it was worth.

I didn't keep tab, but I'm definately in the red on that one.

I'll give it a try when I have enough gold and resources in the bank as a buffer.

DeletedUser

The problem with most quests is that you get Gold for them and its mainly resources that you run short of, if there was a better balance to the rewards they may be worth taking.

DeletedUser

every time that science guy pops up, i kick him out. the science developments he wants are nearly in another era to me.

my jester however...

i'm in love with my jester. that is all. <3

DeletedUser

The quests can help subsidize your production. If your going to build a tannery then a quest that says build a tannery and we will pay you 3000 gold sounds pretty awesome rather than building the tannery and getting zip back in return.

unless you already build 2 tanneries and then the quest to build 2 tanneries pops up. not exactly cheap buildings to demolish and rebuild again :mad:

DeletedUser276

no the quests are set along a specific path. The requirement for that quest is not to already have 2 tanneries... thats just bad luck mate.

though I dont build anything till I see the previous quest is past the part I need to build. That way I get rewarded for growth not backtrack and grow again.

DeletedUser

ahh what are you going to do. you live and you learn,thats what life is all about :)

DeletedUser

unless you already build 2 tanneries and then the quest to build 2 tanneries pops up. not exactly cheap buildings to demolish and rebuild again :mad:

If you have the Tanneries when the quest pops up you wil receive the reward straight away so there isn't any need to demolish and rebuild.

DeletedUser276

they changed that? didnt know they did. Current buildings didnt affect future quests... you had to redo if the quest came up or build new buildings or troops etc.

DeletedUser

From what i remember already build buildings are taken into account (at least from some quests such as build all goods production building of EMA,...).

DeletedUser

If you have the Tanneries when the quest pops up you wil receive the reward straight away so there isn't any need to demolish and rebuild.

This was not the case. The quest would not go away until i sold them and rebuilt 'em.

DeletedUser

This was not the case. The quest would not go away until i sold them and rebuilt 'em.

Yes, that's what I thought too.
So despite having three tanneries already (and planning to have a fourth one further down the road) I freed up some space to build one, destroy it and build it again. Had to wait through the night to build up resources to do so, but when I came online earlier today I found that the quest requirements somehow had been met anyway (it obviously recognised after all that I had built tanneries already) and I could move on.

Hopefully, it goes the same way for you :).

DeletedUser1294

Can I just ask the devs again for an option to skip EVERY quest.

DeletedUser276

You can ask... dunno if they will hear you but you can always ask :)

Status
Not open for further replies.