• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Quest Bug: Build All Goods Buildings

DeletedUser

I have accepted the quest "Build All Early Middle Age Goods Buildings", bestowed by Fernikus, on East Nagach. I was pretty reluctant to accept it, because it semmed quite stupid to spend lots of forge points to develop techs and a huge amount of resources/coins/people in buildings to which I don't have the raw materials. I knew the reward was not good enough, but I accepted for fear of breaking a line of quests. What an idiot...

I had previously built the two of them I had the raws. So I prepared and spent ALL the material and time and built the first one: Gold. As soon as I started to build FOE recognized and the bar in Fernikus screen moved. As on previous quests, I erased the building and started building the Copper one. And then the game didn't seem to register that. Very surprised I erased that one and built the Alabaster one, only to have the game not registering it.

That means not only the quest line is not going to move, but I lost a HUMONGOUS amount of time and resources for nothing. Please, help me find a solution, will you? I don't have the screens of the Gold and Copper buildings, because the problem began after that. But I did what I could and here are the screens I managed to get:
Quest.jpg
Alabaster.jpg
Beekeper.jpg
Granite.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Sounds like no bug, but that you needed to have all five goods buildings at the same time. Especially since it gave you credit for the two buildings you already had (thus the act of placing the building was not what triggered the quest credit like many "Build X" quests, but having the building on the ground in your town).

Personally I skipped this quest since I didn't have room in my town for all five goods buildings at once. It seems like an unfortunate choice for a quest objective since it may give people the impression that they are supposed to have goods buildings they don't have map boosts for.

DeletedUser5026

Hey kurtdavis,

Taeriyn is correct. You need to have ALL 5 goods buildings up at the same time. In your case, you built 3, then demolished 1, then build another 1, so the quest counter went ( 3 - 1 + 1 = 3), hence no change. You can either find the space and resources to put the remaining 2, or just abort the quest.

Cheers,
L.R.

DeletedUser

Please submit an in-game ticket by clicking on the link in my signature.
Select world East-Nagach and go from there.

If you're correct, I'll merge this post with the typo/grammar thread so it's objective text can be reviewed.

- L

DeletedUser

Assuming you have correctly accepted the quest before building all of the buildings this sounds like a serious typo.. Since it clearly says "Build" instead of "Have" it should accept just building it. But as Lodroth has said an in-game ticket is the way to go, and hopefully this will get solved.

If this is a problem with not accepting the quest correctly, it's exactly the reasoning behind this idea: Remove the X from the top cornner of new quests

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser

Well... Mistery solved. Bad news for me, but news anyway.

Today I deleted the Alabaster building, because I don't have the raw material. Immediately Fernikus' counter went back to two buildings. That means all three of you guys were correct: all players should build all five building types at the same time, although the game doesn't make that clear and the players have to guess it or be divinely inspired by the entity of their preference. That means, in my opinion, this is definitely a typo and maybe should be in that thread. Pity there wasn't a thread warning players before and I'll have to loose and be silent about it. First time I really hated the game...

Anyways... I'd like to thank you all for responding so quickly, it's very nice to have that response. Now, for the annoying part (hehe):

Taeriyn/Lone Ranger - In various previous quests that require building a number of structures, there is no need of building things at the same time, unless when clearly stated. The text box for this quest only asks us to build, never mentioning it should be at the same time. Also, I think that only makes it an even more pointless mission, since the player needs not only that enormous amount of resources (for players on that level), but an almost impossible population/space rate. Not viable without erasing buildings that are currently in use, like the ones with raw materials sources. That only increases even more the loss of resources and coin!
All this loss for a ridiculously lame reward! That potentially send players back to zero, in terms of coins and supply. Put all that together and this should be a no-no quest for EVERYONE, and the developers probably should give it up, if they had a little common sense. Or at least change the dialogue box and make it clear! Creating difficulties is good, punishing players isn't, and this comes from someone who loved Dark Souls as nobody else...

I will definitely warn my guilds in all regions and spread the news, maybe I can spare someone the pain. Anyway, I appreciate your thoughts and the time you took to respond, for real, thank you very much!

Mutzena - I will try the in-game ticket, thank you. But your point is exactely what I think: I did precisely what was asked of me and build all the buildings. I was never told it should be at the same time! I shouldn't have to abort the quest and accept the huge loss I already had. I honestly think all my time and effort should be rewarded, not punished. Thank you for your thoughts and time too, my friend! Now, let me bleed till death... Hahahaha...

P.S.- I do know that I might have the wrong view on the matter. I might... But... Seriously???

DeletedUser5026

Hey kurtdavis,

I'm sorry to hear about that, and yeah, it sounds quite painful. There are other quests of the same flavour, and they are similarly annoying (click me). I guess those of us who have been playing for a longer time are aware of such conditions and will weigh the pros and cons before proceeding (usually the cons outweigh the pros).

That said, in this case, it seems that the quest objective text is incorrect. You should report this in the typo/grammar thread so that action can be taken. Hope this does not diminish your love of the game, and at least you learnt something new. :)

Cheers,
L.R.

DeletedUser

Hi, Lone Ranger.

The horror, the horror... Well, I'll just have to get over the fact that I've been very stupid. Even though the quest objective text is VERY innacurate indeed, dear sir. Made me lose a lot... Fortunately, I've moved on from the pain. After all, ain't nobody got time for that. ;)
But that thread you gave me the link above is great! I'll eat it and pass the info. I've already warned my guild fellows about that damned quest and posted an in-game ticket, as suggested. That's as much as I can do, I guess.
Now, about my love for the game... Mmmmmm... Still thinking bout it. I'm kidding, I'll keep playing and helping others when I can. Only hope I won't loose any diamonds for skipping future annoying, irrational quests (snif)...

Thank you very much for your support!!!
Best regards,
kurtdavis.

DeletedUser

I am disappointed with the responses to this member's dilemma. I have read so often: You did not read the quest properly and that is why it did not work. Now this time the quest clearly says 'build' not have and people say: You need to expect the unexpected. Doesn't anybody connected with this game every say: We are wrong and we are sorry?

DeletedUser5026

Hey GrossEyeEh,

I am not sure if you know, but Altruists and Moderators (whether Forum, Ingame or Senior) do not work for Innogames. We are all just normal players (with the Moderators having a bit more responsibilities). Only the Community Managers can be truly said to represent the company. Since they have not yet said anything, we shouldn't be too quick to judge.

L.R.

DeletedUser

I am disappointed with the responses to this member's dilemma. I have read so often: You did not read the quest properly and that is why it did not work. Now this time the quest clearly says 'build' not have and people say: You need to expect the unexpected. Doesn't anybody connected with this game every say: We are wrong and we are sorry?

Actually, we usually ask "Have you made sure you accepted properly?", because 99% of the time that is the issue. So it's no wonder you see it often.
Whenever that's actually said as a statement, you can count on it that some investigating and checking up has been done before something like that is said to a player as fact.

Do note that technically this is a Beta and we're basically playing to find bugs and issues so they can be fixed. So personally I think it's a bit silly to request the devs to apologize for every bug that's encountered, when that's basically our 'job'.
But apart from having the Typo/Grammar thread, whenever a bug is detected, we locate it and even put a big yellow CONFIRMED prefix on it.
I'd say that's pretty much admitting to be wrong. ;)

As for this issue in particular I'm sure the entire community appreciates kurtdavis for spotting and reporting this and it's unfortunate he's had to encounter this incredible typo (should a dev/CoMa confirm that is the issue). It will be passed on and hopefully fixed asap.

- L

DeletedUser

okay.jpg

Hey, guys.

I don't know if the Moderators have access to the developing team. If so, it might be a useful suggestion to make the quests demands a little more... mmmm... clear, maybe? :rolleyes:
That could avoid some complaints from future players, maybe some that don't play for free, after the beta period ends.
As for my disappointment, anger and suffering, I can think of some ways to appease my tortured heart. Maybe some consolation diamonds? Like, a few thousand? :cool:
Just kidding. Hmmm... Maybe not. Hahaha.

Thank you all for your atention and support,
kurtdavis.

DeletedUser

Guys, here is the final response from the Senior In-Game Moderator:

The quest is to have all goods buildings of the EMA built in your city at the same time. It seems they may have it worded confusingly, but this is how the quest works.

I have brought this up to the devs, and they are working on a reword for the quest details, there is also a quest identical to this one in the CA, so the wording will change for it as well.

This quest being skipped does not make you lose any quest lines either.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Thanks for playing Forge of Empires.

Sincerely,
Herluth
Senior In-Game Moderator

That directly affects some quest in the Colonial Age, I don't know which, because I'm faaaar from that age. But if you think it's a nice contribution, tell your friends, guild mates and such about it.
Also, there seems to be a thread somewhere about that Colonial Age quest. It might be interesting to place a link there to this answer, or something of the sort, I dunno.

Anyways, thank you all, one more time!
kurtdavis

The Fair Traders 3 ARE THE BEST!:cool:

DeletedUser17311

i completed this quest with no problems but now i'm wondering whether i should keep the copper, gold, alabaster building which i don't have the bonus for.

DeletedUser

i completed this quest with no problems but now i'm wondering whether i should keep the copper, gold, alabaster building which i don't have the bonus for.

I'm a bit late responding, but what is usually suggested is that it's best to only keep & exploit the buildings that you do have a bonus for on the map - and trade for the rest with your guild members and neighbours ^^